My Friend, My Hero - Ducktale...

Av Author_Bingette

A Fenton x OC story Liz Feathers is one of the most outgoing ducks you could ever meet. If she had a superpow... Mer

New Girl In Town (Chapter 1)
Where Fun is in the Zone (Chapter 2)
Daddy Issues (Chapter 4)
Darkwing Dorks (Chapter 5)
Aftermath of an Internship (Chapter 6)
A/N
My Hero in Robotic Armour (Chapter 7)
Don't (Chapter 8)
21st Century Breakup (Chapter 9)
Be My Valentine? (Mini Chapter)
The Darling Charisma of Liz Feathers! ( Chapter 10 Part 1)
Darling Charisma (Part 2)
Darling Charisma (Part 3) ᶦ ˢʷᵉᵃʳ ᵗʰᶦˢ ᶦˢ ᵗʰᵉ ˡᵃˢᵗ ᵖᵃʳᵗ
Meet the Feathers (Chapter 11)
Please read
Gossip Girl (MTF Part 2)
The Party (MTF Part 3)
Frenemies (Mini Chapter/Incorrect Quotes)
Moonvasion! (Chapter 12)
Dearest (Chapter 13)
Meant to be Mine (Chapter 14)
Operation Something Blue (Chapter 15)
Eternity With You (Chapter 16)
Woohoo!
Another smol celebration (A/N)
Some really neat art. Also, something important
We did it, bois

Mark Beaks? (Chapter 3)

228 7 0
Av Author_Bingette

(January 9th, 2016)

"So, hear me out. Waddle Receptionist."

Liz was suggesting job opportunities for herself to her sister, Angie, over facetime to see what she thought.

"I suppose that could work", Angie pondered, "It ties in with dad's 'marry rich' plan."

Liz sighed, "I wish he actually believed in me. I know I'm a dumbass but parents are supposed to believe in their kid when even the kid doesn't."

Angie's brow narrowed, "I know. It feels like we're back in the 1700s with marrying specifically rich guys. We can do things on our own."

"Yeah, but who knows, maybe one of the higher-ups at Waddle will be kinda nice?", Liz tried.

"God, this is depressing.", Angie groaned.

"At least you're smart and you don't have to find someone you really like only for dad to drive him away because he's not 'good enough'." Liz complained.

Angie put on a serious face, "For real though, would you rather have a guy you're really happy with but be not that well off or be rich but trapped in a loveless marriage?"

"Poor but happy, obviously!", Liz exclaimed.

"Then why even bother try and find some rich guy?", Angie asked.

"Because I don't want to disappoint dad any more!", Liz paused and sighed, "You and cousin Paulie were so lucky, being smart just clicked for you guys. Dad had big things planned for you two. He'd looked at how you two were always doing your homework and being well behaved and then looked at me, flunking classes, sneaking out, and watching Darkwing Duck and he knew I'd never truly be someone like you two would."

"Liz..."

"If I can't make him proud the way you can, I want to at least make him proud by doing what I know: Networking."

"Since when are you a networker?", Angie scoffed.

"Since I met this kid at an arcade I'm working at.", Liz retorted, "I know, I know, but I'm telling you, this kid's more than a con-boy. He could pull off bank heists if you gave him enough time and he's still be on the bank teller's good side!"

"Man, this kid really is something special.", Angie replied sarcastically.

"Listen, this kid is Scrooge McDuck's nephew. If I-" Angie cut Liz off.

"I'm sorry, did you say Scrooge McDuck?! As in, 'Richest duck in the world' Scrooge McDuck?!" Angie asked, shocked.

"Told you I know what I'm doing. Anyway, this kid knows networking like first nature! He's teaching me the ins and outs of it all. He says I'm too 'pure of heart' or whatever but I'll take whatever education I can get!"

"Alright, but don't do huge schemes that con people out of thousands."

"Of course not! Just a little schmoozing while I'm looking for a better paying job than a barista and a waitress/babysitter. Hell, maybe networking could finally get me a rich husband like dad always wanted. That sounds so weird out of context."

"Wait, weren't you dating that guy from Macaw? Whatever happened to him?"

"Okay, first of all, he was not from Macaw, he just spent a lot of time there. And second, he wanted to get married asap but I'm only 22 so we decided it would be best if we broke up."

"That's a shame. I remember whenever you were around him, you'd just go into Honeymoon mode! You were crazy about him! But I get it. You don't wanna get married right away."

"Yeah... I think I should go to bed now. Applications start tomorrow at 7:30 and I wanna be somewhere on time for once."

"Goodnight, Liz-kid.", Angie said.

"Night, Jelly.", Liz said.

~Timeskip brought to you by Project Ta-Da~

Fenton's POV:

Tomorrow afternoon, Liz arranged to meet up with Fenton at the café to tell him about how the interview went. Liz came in looking quite downtrodden so Fenton figured it didn't go so well.

"How'd it go?", he asked in a sympathetic tone.

"... It went...", Liz paused as a smile grew on her face, "Great! I aced that interview! Despite being a million-dollar company, they are surprisingly chill!"

"That's great! I'm so proud of you!", Fenton exclaimed, celebrating with Liz.

"Look at you, getting all mushy!", she joked, "I don't think it'll be too long before they ask me to start working! I can finally quit my job at that gross, pizza-smelling, toddlers paradise!"

Liz and Fenton had a small celebration at the café before going home for the night.

~A crazy long timeskip brought to you (once again) by Pep! Put some Pep in your step!~

(December 18th, 2016)

Liz's POV:

It was the office Christmas party at Waddle and everyone was attending. From secretaries and interns to coders and even Mark Beaks himself. It was specifically that last person's attendance Liz was counting on because her master plan involved her at least attempting to charm Beaks and have him fall for her. She could admit it was a bit far fetched but it was the best she could do as of then.
She started looking around and saw him looking back at her. She quickly smiled at him before things got awkward.

Mark's POV: 

Mark was once again stuck at a boring Christmas party because his supervisors or whatever told him that he had to be present at the company and not just be cooped up in his office all the time because it would be "bad for his image". Pfft, like I could ever get a bad rep, he thought.
He was looking around while thinking of an excuse to leave before he spotted a beautiful girl in a sky blue Christmas sweater across the room, talking and laughing with people. He then saw her coming up to him.

"So, I take it you're not having the best time here?", she asked.

"What makes you say that?", he scoffed.

"You've been looking around at all the doors and avoiding eye-contact with everyone. It's obvious you just wanna get this over and done with asap."

"Not bad. Who are you again?", he asked.

"Liz Feathers. Receptionist at front desk.", she told him as she activated the high five app to high five his phone.

"You know the ropes around here pretty well, don't you?", he said.

"Well, when you've been working at a place like this for a whole year, you learn what people like."

"I'm impressed. How'd you like to maybe, I don't know, become my personal secretary?", he proposed.

"Wow, isn't this moving fast(?)", she replied sarcastically, "In all 'seriousness', that sounds like a great offer, Mr Beaks!"

"Please, call me Mark."

Liz's POV:

For the rest of the night, Mark and Liz talked and talked and Liz laughed at his funny random jokes (that she didn't realise weren't jokes). At the end of the night, Liz went home and texted Fenton for a while.

Liz kid: heyy
Liz kid: youll never guess who i met tonight

Fender bender: Let me guess
Fender bender: you met another guy?

Liz kid: bingo
Liz kid: but i bet youll never guess exactly who i met

Fender bender: who? Mark Beaks?

Liz kid: weirdly, yes

Fender bender: Seriously?
Fender bender: you met Mark Beaks?

Liz kid: yeah
Liz kid: i think he might actually be into me!

Fender bender: thats great

Liz kid: hes surprisingly chill and more like a meme maker than the founder of a million dollar tech company
Liz kid: i can finally make my dad proud of me

Fender bender: why isnt your dad proud of you?

Liz kid: im not really the sharpest tool in the shed and he really wanted big things for me like Angie
Liz kid: but since i dont really have the brains for stuff like that dad made a plan for me to marry a rich guy like Mark Beaks
Liz kid: i always felt like a disappointment to him because i never really did well in school and until now ive never found someone 'good enough' for him

Fender bender: But a dad shouldnt make his daughter marry some rich guy just to make him proud
Fender bender: He should be proud of you just the way you are

(A/N: Oof! Cliffhanger! I'm sorry I had to end this chapter this way but I think it was getting too long so I'm splitting it into two. I hope you liked this chapter)

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

3.1K 76 15
-REQUESTS ARE OPEN- rules for requests -None of the kids unless it is an oc x cannon and is approved of and COMISSIONED WORK -if under 18 do not pers...
19.2K 612 28
When Dewey returned to the painting in the garage, he stared at it in wonder. The left and top side was ripped down till Scrooge's sword and the righ...
15.5K 461 20
Dewey has never felt like he stood out enough. Suddenly, one day he disappears without a trace. Follow Dewey and the rest of his family through this...
11.4K 459 33
PLEASE READ THE DESCRIPTION! *Complete* A sad romance story...about two ducks~ Webbigail Vanderquack~ New to love? But somehow fell head over heels f...