THE MAFIA'S LAWYER |βœ”οΈ

By Alhexandria22

COMPLETE!!! Karmale leads a life of her own convinience. No commands. Away from family and close to a few fri... More

Author's Note!
β˜†1β˜† A bad headache...
β˜† 3β˜† blackmail, defiance & taming
β˜†4β˜† grandma Miley
β˜†5β˜† force+defiance
β˜†6β˜† Black Blood Pool
β˜†7β˜† success & goodbyes
β˜†8β˜† Bears
β˜†9β˜† winter holidays
β˜†10β˜† #philophobia
β˜†11β˜† Food fights
β˜†12β˜† Christmas kisses
β˜†13β˜† family dinner; detested guest
β˜†14β˜† New Years
β˜†15β˜† Advice and Court Sessions
β˜†17β˜† Street Racers & Demons
β˜†17β˜† Daddy in The protective role #baby
β˜†18β˜† glass not milk
β˜†19β˜† friends,protection & trust building
β˜†20β˜† The forehead kiss
β˜†21β˜† Ryxel's other family
β˜†22β˜† Oppressed
β˜†23β˜† A compromise
β˜†24β˜† A visitor for the bored lass at home
β˜†25β˜† Work again
β˜†26β˜† late returns...
β˜†27β˜† Family is never toxic
β˜†28β˜† A little help wouldn't...
β˜†29β˜† Kitten
β˜†30β˜† Trouble with the names!
β˜†31β˜† new keepers, foods and languages
β˜†32β˜† secretive best friends
β˜†33β˜† vanilla
β˜†34β˜†birthday & reunion celebrations
β˜†35β˜† Vixen- Devil
β˜†36β˜†Back home
β˜†37β˜† Flatter me till I shutter!
β˜†38β˜† safe place
β˜†39β˜† Who was she?
β˜†40β˜† Treacherous bitch
β˜†41β˜† drunk buddies (The Mafia's Lawyer)
β˜†42β˜† a dirty game of touching #philophobia
β˜†43β˜† bad at love
β˜†44β˜† unavailable
β˜†45β˜† Liam and Karmale!
β˜†46β˜† the devil doesn't want you!
β˜†47β˜† the agreement against betrayal
β˜†48β˜† Blinding lights~ final chapter!

β˜†2β˜† Bitchy Boss & lovely best friends

5.3K 119 101
By Alhexandria22

Karmale's POV

Central City Law Firm.

"Good Morning madam," Claire greets with a humble bow.

Claire is an irritating but well mannered wench. That is the thing I  appreciate about her otherwise she gets to my nerves oftenly and pretty fast.

She is also a compact young woman. Small and strong. She is the active and dedicated type. She keeps it professional and respects her superiors.

She only joined this law firm a fortnight ago and was given the receptionist role but due to her efficiency, I recommended her to Mr. Jeopardenn who made her my personal assistant.

Talking about Mr. Jeopardenn... I can imagine the look on his face this morning because of my late arrival.

"Morning Claire." I respond as I move to the office of the board governors.

"Madam?" Calls Claire.

"Yes, Claire."

"The meeting is in the office of the board of governors." She tells me as she gently pulls my files from my hand.

This is what is irritating about her. Didn't she just see me move towards the same office?

I frown at her in response and she smiles back. What is joyous about the whole thing?
Claire!

I attempt to pull away the files but she moves back letting my hand sway past them making my bracelet get attached to one of the files. Claire!

As I pull away, it falls to the glass floor unhooked.
She hurriedly picks it up and smiles sheepishly.

Again!

She behaves like a clown and that behaviour of hers is so annoying. I snatch it from her, I walk off and she trails after me. I know that she is carrying my files but does she have to be so close. It is not like I am walking too fast to leave her far behind.

"Jeez! Claire!" I whisper yell because now we are in front of the door.
She smiles again! Really? Again?

She opens the door from behind me and as I enter I stumble for she is still too close.

All the board members give me disapproving looks.

"Thank you, Claire." I sacarstically mumble between gritted teeth.

And she smiles. Good God! This clown in a human body! Irritating smiling machine!

She shuts the door and hands me my files.

"They have been waiting for you since 8:20am." She whispers in my ear.

My face turns into an expression of questions.
As if reading my face she responds.

"Yes, the meeting was scheduled for 9:00am but Mr. Jeopardenn changed it. It was on short notice that the investors turned up. "

"Where are they anyway?" I ask.

"In Mr. Jeopardenn's office."

"So how is there being here my problem?"

"Their arrival compelled the board to sit earlier and..."She trailed off.

"And what? " I demanded.

"They wanted to see you in particular."

"So?"

"Mr. Jeopardenn kinda got jealous and so did the board members."

I let out a breathe only I could hear.

These greedy folks!

"Good morning ladies and gentlemen." I greeted.

Instead of replying, they started whispering amongst themselves.

I was unable to hear what it was they were whispering about but at least I had someone say 'inefficiency'.

"I am not sorry at all about my late coming because there is clearly no need to be." I added looking at each one of them.

They all stopped the murmuring and looked at me with the same previous disapproving looks.

"Mr. Corraine, the last time we were here, you suggested?" I asked.

"What?" the stout middle aged man inquired.

"That is what I call inefficiency." I said with an angry expression.

"How do you call yourself a member of this board and you cannot give minutes of the previous meeting."

All other members started checking their files for the previous meeting.

"So, how much were we supposed to get from Mr. Jeopardenn as allowance?" I posed another interesting question.

"500$" they chorused.

"This meeting is done." I spat in disbelief and disgust.

These people are so money minded. Indeed I am not sorry for coming late.

I gave my files to Claire and walked out with her just on my heels.
This time round, I did not feel perturbed by her action. It was rather more of a gesture that states she is with me on this one.

I reached my office and sat on the wooden chair behind my table.

Claire placed a cup of capuccino and three files Mr. Jeopardenn had sent that morning on my table
and stood above me swaying slightly.

"Move to the side, Claire!"I shouted.

"Sorry, madam." She said and took five steps backwards.

This time she did not smile. Clever her. Had she done it, I would have maybe got her fired. I am in no mood to tolerate anything annoying right now and am glad she has behaved accordingly. Wow! She understands me.

I get one of the files and start reading through only to be distracted by the opening of the door.

What the hell! Someone ought to knock before coming in.

Oh! It is Mr. Jeopardenn. He never knocks. What decency!

"Why did you come late Miss. Kane?" he angrily asks.

I raise my head and my eyes meet a very furious Mr. Jeopardenn.

"Get out!" He shouts at Claire.

"I am so-"

"I don't want to hear it." He shouts.

"You know how much I hate inefficiency, Miss Kane."

I got up from my seat because he seemed to get angrier seeing me sitted as he spoke.

He quarrelled and reprimanded me for what seemed like ages. I quietly listened on without retaliation.

"Thank you, Mr. Jeopardenn but the next time you come to my office, be decent enough to knock." I simply stated.

My statement clearly infuriated him.

"How dare you?" He spat.

"You know just how, Sir. The sexual advances? Does the statement ring a bell?" I politely smiled at my Boss whose left eye started to twitch.

"You are twice my father's age. So how could you have no shame, Sir?" My tone was still humble.

Jeopardenn is a grey bearded man with wrinkles all over his face.
He walks around on his reed legs that support his protruding belly.

"You bitch! " He spat as he raised his hand to slap me. I caught it in time and threw it away.

"No, am not one of those bitches you sleep with."

I lifted the coffee Claire had brought for me and poured it on his face.

His face turned red and he growled in pain.

"You are really a laughable individual. First you propose to me and when I refuse, you call me a bitch!"

"Old man, you really are so narrow minded and pathetic."

"Aaaaaahhhh!" He screamed as he rubbed the burnt area making it turn more red.

I moved from behind my desk and stood in front of him. I grabbed his collar, placed one of my stiletto heels into his foot and pressed through his leather shoes.

"I am not a bitch." I said to his pink face.

"I am the lawyer your bitch of a daughter failed to be." I sternly added.

Jeopardenn's daughter was a total waste. I had studied with her in the country's most pretigious law school but she dropped out due to drugs. This was so because she let her boyfriend dictate her life. She was utterly submissive to him.
I cannot be submissive to a man.

I infact earned employment here because; first of all I am good. Actually too good. I had impressive school documents. Secondly because I shared a slight friendship with this bastard's offspring.

As the scene took place all the board members and other employees were watching. Not forgetting the investors. They were also watching. Interesting!

I released his collar first and then removed my shoe from his foot leaving him to stumble backwards in pain.

"Don't you ever call any dignified woman a bitch, you scumbag."

"Claire? " I called.

She came running and I swear for the first time Claire made me smile.

"Yes, madam."

"Get all my stuff brought to my apartment."

"Are you quitting."

"Yeah." I warmly smiled at her.

She nodded as her expression became dull.

I picked up my phone and dialled Ella's number.

"Hey!" I spoke into the phone as I modelled out of my now ex office.
It felt like a movie scene because literally all eyes were on me and when I reached where they all stood they paved way for me.

Atmost respect. Jeopardenn ought to learn from them.

"Madam paediatrician, where are you? "

"At work, madam lawyer." She responded.

"Why?" She added.

I kept quiet.

"Everything alright?"She asked.

Her concern made tears sting at my brown eyes.

"Nothing." I swallowed hard.

_

I sat quietly by myself in the middle of the children's fun park. It's not just any children's fun park. It's mine and Ella's childhood fun park. It harbours our beautiful moments as friends.

"We were only seven when we met and it was in this beautiful jovial place." I am thinking out loud.

"Fascinating how we fought for another child's teddy bear." Added a familiar angelic voice.

"Ye- ah." I spoke turning to see the dark skinned lass who stood above me.

"Ella?"

"Continue the narration." She said with one of her sweet smiles.

"I was the one who pulled it from the other kid." I continued.

"And when he started beating the girl with the pony tails, you." She added.

"The girl with the big afro came to my rescue and beat up the other kid." I added.

"When I asked you who had attacked the other..."

"I lied."

"Just like you did today." She sternly said.

"Come here." I spread my hands invitingly but Ella refuses to accept the bribe.

"Karma, you know when you have something on your mind. You have to tell me." She said pushing my hands away.

"Be it good or bad." She added.

"Why do I have to first plead to be told. Our friendship is stronger than that. Come on." She said with disappointment in her voice.

"I'm sorry."

"I am sorry too. Come here." She hugged me by the neck.

" Ella am not a giraffe. You are strangling me."

"Whatever, tell me what is bothering you."

"Okay, daddy." I said with sacarsism and we both laughed.

I told her about my shitty boss and she supplemented on my earlier insults.

"That son of a bitch! "She cursed.

We also talked about the night before and oh my God! She was so excited for me as if I was getting married.

"Ella, stop it. Will you?"

"Come on girl. We only live once." She encouraged.

"Besides, it's not like you are going to meet him again or something."She added.

"So... relax. That should not work you up." She concluded.

"I hope so." I sighed though I was not quite certain about anything.

We sat on the bench in deep conversation about random things 'till a pair of twins came racing to where we sat.
They were three years old; I suppose. Dressed in matching outfits.

"So lovely." I complimented.

"Aww so adorable." cried Ella.

We played with Kiara and Ciara as their nanny said there names were.

At around midday, she came and picked them.
Before she could leave, Ella insisted we take pictures with them and yes we did.

"God! I feel ravenous."

"Yeah, me too." I agreed.

We went down the street to a new KFC branch. We sat on the window side and mindlessly munched on the curried chicken, crispy fries and strawberry milkshakes.

As we cleared the bill, I heard my phone ringing.

Caller ID; Claire

Jeez! This girl.
I received the call and put it on loud speaker.

"What, Claire? "

"Madam, sir sends his sincerest apology."

"No, I don't think it is sincere." I said.

"Regardless, I refuse to accept it."

"Madam, honestly, the investors refuse to invest if you are not a part of the firm anymore."

"Please come back." She pleaded.

"Mr. Jeopardenn is threatening to fire me if you do not come back."

"Help her, Karma." Advised Ella.

I diverted my head from Ella only to spot a man across the street staring at us.

Weird...

*******

I am ushered for the second time today to the board of governors office by Claire but this time to meet more sensible people.
The investors.

Before the meeting commences, Mr.Jeopardenn extends his apology. I nod in approval and chair the discussion.Gladly, it ends well.

Again, I am followed out by Claire who hands me a new red case file.

"I am not going to be taking up any cases for two days, Claire. " I inform her.

"Please give this file to Shaun."

He is the only person I trust at case handling in this entire firm.

"I cannot, madam." She says as she hesitantly gets it.

"Why?"

"The owner of this file sent it to you in particular."

"Particular? Does it have specifications?"

"Yes,madam."

"Like?"

"Your name."

"Did it pass through Mr. Jeopardenn? "

"No, it came straight to me."

"When? "

"Today at 1:00pm."

"I was having lunch with Ella then."

"Who brought it?"

"A man in black."

"Interesting! " I exhale.

I get the file from Claire and open it.

Page one;
KARMALE HALE KANE

"Woah! This is pretty specific."

Claire nods in agreement.

"Madam? "

"Mmmm?" I replied with the least attention.

"He also said that he wants to meet you today itself."

"Mmmm?"

"Yes."

"What?"

"Yes."

"Yes, what, Claire?" I shout and when I listen to myself, I sound scared.

This is getting me worked up and I don't like it at all. I feel nervous.

I amble away and when Claire trails after me...

"Claire stop following me around like you are my shadow. Okay?"

I enter my office slamming the door shut. I drop the file on my desk and squeeze my hands tight and my nails dig into my palms.

"Ouch! "

"Why am I letting something as simple as a specification in a case file work me up?"

"Claire! "

She comes running as expected.

"Yes, madam."

"Call him up and give him my address."

"Yes, yes, madam."

"For di- dinner, Claire."

"Yes, madam."

"Thank you, Claire."

"Thank you for coming back, madam."

I nervously smile.

"You are welcome, Claire."

I smile brightly this time with courage.

#MADAMLAWYER

That was it for today.

Long... I know... Sowie...

Leave your thoughts behind loves...

Vote if at all you liked it.

Comment
Share...

Love you guys.💜 XOXOXOX.😚

Peace out

Andria 💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1M 89.4K 60
When running away from her past, twenty two year old Alina runs straight into the arms of Romeo De Luca, twenty six and an Italian Mafia Don, not jus...
2.9K 227 45
Until Damiano died my sins only consisted of coming home late and sneaking out. Now I have killed and tortured my way to the top, and uncovered a wor...
65K 1K 55
"Sweetheart, roll your eyes at me again and I'll fuck you so hard your eyes will go so far back, they won't come back." I rolled my eyes again. "As...
17.3K 260 21
Buck has gotten a job in L.A as a firefighter at the 118, so him and Maddie move there. Maddie also has a job, she will be a 9-1-1 dispatcher. Every...