The Capitals Flower

By sunflowersRus

The 67th hunger games is coming around. What happens when district four's tribute is none other than the very... More

Part 1
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chpater 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Part 2
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Part 3
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11

Chapter 6

2.5K 58 0
By sunflowersRus

Finnick's Pov:

I watch anxiously as the girl from district 5 attacks Devan from behind. Dahlia is only feet away from potential death. She just needs it stay still and she will be able to live through the night.

Then to my suprise I see her head pop out to see the girl. The look on her face is completely calm. I panic a little bit inside. I couldn't imagine living without her, let alone watching her demise.

She throws something that looks like a knife at the girl. The girl immediately falls and Devan falls the other way. I am in shock.

Dahlia, the girl who refused to kill a spider, kills a person. I can see pain in her eyes but she is trying to hide it. She picks a single flower and places it behind the girl's ear.

I can't believe that she managed to hurt someone. I could no longer see the innocence in her eyes as she keeps watch for the rest of the night.

It breaks my heart knowing these games are breaking her. I can see she is hurting but she hides it well enough that I know no one else could.

Dahlia's Pov:

I manage to get some blueberries for breakfast. I know I no longer deserve to live. I killed someone. That is practically unforgivable.

I try to justify it in my head, it was to save Devan. It doesn't help. If anything it makes me feel worse. Finally being alone with my thoughts becomes too much and I wake up Devan.

"Wake up sunshine." I say cheerfully.

He jolts awake, panic painted over his face. I just smile and hand him a handful of blueberries.

"Thanks" He mutters popping one in his mouth.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"My head hurts like hell." He just says rubbing the back of his head with his free hand.

"Well drink some water and hopefully it'll get better." I say handing him a water bottle.

"Thanks." He says taking it.

I sit with my legs crossed eating a few blueberries. I gave Devan most of them, but I left a few for myself.

The rest of the day is just Devan complaining about his head well I try and find food. I hunt for the first time in my life. I have fished before but there are no fish in the stream. So I take out my knives and I kill a few wild turkeys that ran by.

Devan has just been dead weight so far. I know that I have to keep him around though because he is the only thing keeping me sane and he will have to be useful after a while. He does have more training then me.

Three people died today the girl from district five, eight, and six. We are that much closer to getting out of this.

"Wake up! I made breakfast." Devan says handing me a scrambled egg. I knew he would be useful.

There is no fire to be seen. He just eats an egg well he wraps another wild turkey up for later. We have enough food to last us the rest of the week.

I eat the egg using one of my knives to sharpen a decent sized stick. A makeshift spear. I used to make these when I was younger and make little forts with them.

"Mind if I help?" Devan asks as I finish my second spear.

"Knock yourself out." I say nodding at the pile of sticks and handing him a knife.

He takes the knife and starts sharpening the stick sitting up against a tree. I hum to myself as I continue to work. I feel as close to home as I've felt since I left.

After my seventh stick I feel like someone is watching me. I look over and see Devan looking at me. He smiles when we make eye contact.

"What?" I ask giggling a little bit.

"Your just so beautiful." He states simply.

I smile.

"Thank you. Your not too bad looking yourself, for being in the arena that is." I say platonicly.

He laughs and continues to sharpen the stick he took. He has been struggling for a full hour with that one stick.

I start putting up the sticks to make a fort that will be able to pass as a tree with the right camafloge. I finally finish positioning it perfectly and covering the bottom in the clay from the stream by lunch time.

I spend a few hours perfecting my tree fort and it blends in perfectly. Devan has given up on his and went hunting. I don't think he was talking about animals but I was too scared to ask.

I am picking some more blueberries when I hear a cannon go off. I immediately run in the direction where I saw Devan go off to. He can't be dead, I can't be alone.

"DEVAN!" I yell.

I hear him faintly call my name. I follow the noise and am greeted by Devan standing above the body of the boy from district two. I put my hand to my mouth.

I silently take the flower that was sitting behind my ear and place it behind his.

"Devan." I say my voice sounding small.

"I know I know. But now we're closer to going home right?" He asks.

"I guess." I say simply, trying to hide my disgust.

Then the girl from district two runs out of the trees. I can see the anger in her eyes. I can't blame her, Devan just killed her friend. She takes out a spear and launches it into Devan.

He screams as he falls. I grab the handmade spear off the ground and launch it at the girl. She screams and tries to throw a knife at me but I shove the spear down, stopping her heart.

All at once the tributes from district one and girl from three run out.

"You shouldn't have done that." The boy from one says.

"Aw what are you going to do cry." I say still full of anger from the death of my friend.

The girl from three yells and throws a knife into my arm. It hurts so bad I almost scream. Almost. I grab the knife out of the boy from district three and throw it at her. It hits her in between her eyes with so much force it goes through her skull. She falls down dead.

"Do you want to suffer the same fate as your little friend here?" I say coldly.

The boy throws a punch at me. I laugh as I dodge it and punch him in the gut well the girl from one tries to attack me from behind.

Well the boy doubles over I stab him in the back still on my anger high. He shouts and I quickly rip the knife out and turn to stab the girl from one. She sees this coming and grabs my arm with the knife in it. She flips me over.

I scream as she pushes the knife farther into my arm. She smiles a sick smile.

"Sorry" I whisper as I take a broken spear tip and ram in into her back. She screams and I pull it out leaving me the last one in the clearing.

I pick a few wild flowers and put them behind the ears of each of the bodies. I broke down crying as the hovercraft took them away.

I walk back to where we set up camp with tears streaming down my face. I don't deserve to be here. I have killed. I can't forgive myself for this.

I have the knives and everything with me. My arm is bleeding horribly. I debate weather or not I should bandage it. It would be so much easier to let it bleed and let the games be over for me.

I finally decide I am done with the games. I lay in a ball with my supplies in my tree fort. Then I hear one of my sponsors send a parachute. I poke my head out.

I open the small box getting blood all over it. There is a few bandages and some ointment to put on the cut. In there is a little note from Finnick.

Why aren't you using your own bandages? Fix yourself up, love. I'll see you after this is all over. I promise.

I read it over twice before actually wrapping my arm up with the ointment. I have to get through this for Finnick. To see him again is all I need. There are only seven people left in the arena counting me. How hard could this be.

Finnick's Pov:

I am sitting with the other victors as we watch Dahlia and Devan sharpen sticks. Dahlia seems like an expert well Devan just fumbled with the knife.

We watch the careers run around for a while until it goes back to Dahlia and Devan. Devan is staring at her it takes her a few seconds to notice.

When she finally turns around she asks, "What?"

He just smiles and says, "Your just so beautiful."

I feel jealously rise in me. Mags puts her hand on my back trying to keep me calm, she can always tell when I'm mad. I can't stand that kid.

"Your not too bad looking yourself, for being in the arena and all." She says platonically.

I smile, I have nothing to worry about, I can trust Dahlia. After a few hours Devan gets in a fight with a career. He wins but the cannon scares Dahlia. She runs to him screaming his name, and I silently plead that she would just stay in one place. He calls her over to show her his kill. Exposing her to the careers surrounding the clearing.

Then everything happen so fast. My heart is beating out of my chest.

"Come on Dahlia you can do this." I whisper under my breath.

The look she wears seems foreign on her face that normally is soft and welcoming. She looks angry as she taunts the careers. My heart drops when she screams as the knife gets pushed father in her arm.

I can barely stand seeing her like this. She kills the last career. She goes and gathers wild flowers and places them behind the body's ears. When she gets to Devan she breaks down, I can tell she may never recover from this. But who in their right mind would?

I want nothing more than to hug her and tell her it is alright. I would give everything I have to go back in time and take her name out of the reaping. Anything.

Her arm is bleeding badly as she goes over to her camafloge fort. I wait for her to take out her bandages but she doesn't she just lies there. Then I realize what she is doing.

She is trying to end it. Not after all the work she put in. No I can't let her. I just can't. This isn't Dahlia. She would never even think about doing this. Life has always been one of the most precious things to her. She would never just throw it away.

I am panicking and can barely think straight. Thank goodness for Mags. She points to the door where I can leave and talk to sponsors. I nod and run outside.

After a good ten minutes I get bandages for her and some ointment. I quickly write a note down for her. She needs to get through this. She will. Hopefully this will work.

I can't lose her. I send the parachute. She reads over the note I sent her with a small smile on her face. She wraps her arm and I have never felt so relieved in my life. She is going to be okay. I know it. But I also know it isn't even close to over.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 112 13
"One, the Princess of Panem. Extremely dangerous took out sixteen tributes during her Games. Do not underestimate." "How is she a weakness then." "...
1.7M 47.8K 119
โFinnick and Taiya have kept up with their training more than any other tribute,.โž Haymitch said shaking his head. โThey'd both kill and die for eac...
355K 7.5K 57
"we were the first." "when people thought we won... we had actually lost." "and i lost a lot." Corde...
208K 3.9K 15
" On the 75th anniversary, as a reminder to the rebels that even the strongest amongst them can not overcome the power of the Capitol, the male and f...