Altered

By Phaereedarh_

Two complete opposites but from the same world meet at a point. Relive Nazneen Umar Bahzad's and Khalil shei... More

Copyrightยฉ
Characters
Chapter One๐Ÿ‘‘
Chapter two๐Ÿ‘‘
Chapter three๐Ÿ‘‘
chapter four ๐Ÿ‘‘
chapter five๐Ÿ‘‘
chapter six๐Ÿ‘‘
chapter eight๐Ÿ‘‘.
Chapter nine๐Ÿ‘‘
chapter ten๐Ÿ‘‘
Chapter eleven ๐Ÿ‘‘
Chapter twelve ๐Ÿ‘‘
Chapter thirteen ๐Ÿ‘‘
Chapter fourteen ๐Ÿ‘‘
Chapter fifteen ๐Ÿ‘‘
Chapter sixteen๐Ÿ‘‘
chapter seventeen ๐Ÿ‘‘
Chapter Eighteen ๐Ÿ‘‘

Chapter seven๐Ÿ‘‘

48 12 2
By Phaereedarh_

Serena- Safari🎶

Mammiey placed the already prepared mocha coffee with preferred additives– honey,sugar,milk thn eggs on toast frittata and potato fries on Khalil's breakfast tray and had a maid send it to his room.

Balancing the tray on one hand,she knocked on the heavy doors and waited for him to say come in which he did almost immediately.

He was answering a call to god knows who when he waved for her to leave his food on the small dinning table on the balcony and then dismissed her.

"Seriously Khalil, tell me something I don't know"

Khalil blew out a tired breath as he ran his fingers through his dark curls for the umpteenth letting it fall on his face concealing his morning untamed bushy brows.

It was Sunday and it was still mornin morning at that. He dreaded Sundays for one reason boredom. Usually, he played mini golf with Abbiey at the clubhouse but his father was on a trip to Bauchi for a family meeting.

Mas'ud was sent on an emissary mission by the clansmen of Zazzau to Adamawa and he stole Aaman with him saying with the pretext of returning back before midnight.

After running a few laps around the house that morning,he showered and put Aaman on call for a little tête a tête.

"Okay then,try not to break any hearts over there" Khalil joked though he was serious "Remember that Fulani men don't forgive or forget and that Adamawa is their land"

"Pffft,they don't scare me plus,I'm keeping my hands to myself"

"Shocking!" Khalil mocked exclaimed making Aaman to roll his eyes.

"Don't act so surprised Al-farsi"

Khalil pushed the glass doors to the balcony and lowered himself on one of the dining chairs. While Aaman kept talking about why he was going to behave himself,Khalil began to slice the frittata.

"You do know that you talk too much,right?" Khalil asked reclining on the chair on resting his Adidas sneakers clad foot cross legged on the chair next to him and placed the plate of frittata and some potatoes fries on his lap silently munching it.

"I don't blame you Khal" Aaman spoke up after keeping quite for some time "I blame the boredom that's disturbing your head and also the fact that Fauziya is messing with your head"

Before Khalil could think of retort, he heard the dragging beep which meant Aaman hung up on him.

Khalil chuckled slightly and finished his remaining breakfast and called for someone to come get the used plates. He wasn't spoilt,not even in the tiniest bit. Spending half of his educational life overseas,he learnt how to do some simple chores plus he was an excellent cook but damn was he lazy.

It was already a little past two when he went out later for a short drive and returned back shortly just before Mammiey begins to look for him. He kicked of his shoes and held it one hand once he stepped into the house.

"Wear your shoes back or else you want to drive out barefooted?" Mammiey questioned when he passed the foyer into the living room.

"Pardon?"

"I want you to give Hajiya Asiya the jewelry set she ordered last week"

"But Mammiey" he dragged "you can have one of the drivers do you it for you"

She narrowed her into slits "Are you questioning my authority, in fact I wanted to let you off but not anymore"

"Mammiey …"

She drew closer to were he stood poking her finger on his chest while he launched backwards "I chose YOU to go because I wanted YOU to go and now YOU must go"

Khalil didn't to be told twice as he gulped while nodding his head. Mammiey picked up the large velvet jewelry box and handed it to him smiling from ear to ear as if she was not the one that just raised her voice at him. She placed a hand in his cheek "Be a good boy and Mammiey promises to prepare your favorite for dinner"

He returned the smile and wore his sneakers back and sauntered out of the house.

He parked his car outside the gates of the Bahzads lofty mansion and went over to buzz the intercom on the gate and a gruffy voice spoke through the small speaker.

State your name and your business here”

Khalil rolled his eyes "Khalil Al-farsi,came to deliver something to Hajiya"

Another gruff sound was heard and the gates flew open granting him access inside the house. He crossed the threshold and came face to face with dark burly man with bulging eyes and stone cold expression. The were three marks on running across his temple which only added to his intimidating looks.

Khalil greeted him him with a humble smile and the reply he got was a gruffy sound followed by a curt nod. With one hand holding the box and the other in the pocket of his slacks,he strode through the compound to the main house.

He raised his hand to knock when the door suddenly opened by the shy girl who he noticed was too reserved to hold a proper conversation on the two occasions they've met.

Nazneen was stunned to see him at her front door which she was quick to recover from.

"Ya Khalil" she mused slightly "Please come in"

She made sure Ummi was already with him before letting herself into the kitchen and went straight to the fridge to fish out all she'll need for her unanimous but peculiar outing.

Khalil let the breath he never he was holding once he stepped out of the house and made way to the gate.

He felt a burning gazing on him as he walked and look up to see the gruffy man by the tree next to gate with a deep scowl on his face.

Does the man ever smile.

Khalil got in his car and when he was about to start the car,his phone vibrated in his pocket. He brought his phone closer to his face and saw that it was a text from Zulfa.

Ya Khal,sorry it slipped my mind before I left but I took your Bluetooth speakers and I just remembered.
I love you tho,XOXOXO

–ZULFA

Khalil smiled as he texted a reply to her. He wondered where it was the past few days since he could find it in his room,office or Aaman's car.

Okay sis, but be sure to return it in one piece.

–KHALIL

can't make any promises 😇

Khalil smiled and returned his phone to his pocket before returning his eyes back to the street road only to see one of the cars driving out with Nazneen at the backseat with an agitated and yet anxious look on her face while looking back at the gates.

A lopsided smirk etched on Khalil's lips as many theories came to his mind about her and all of them managed to crack him up whenever he thought about it.

Looks like the innocent princess isn't so innocent after all.

Without thinking twice,he followed her car carefully enough so they couldn't notice him. He didn't have anything doing at home anyway and if snooping was the best way to keep boredom at bay, he was more than ready to do it.

The car Nazneen drove in stopped at a dead end on the road. The Driver rushed to her side and opened the door for her. At first,Khalil thought she was coming to hike but then again who wears an abaya to hike.

She held her gaze at Khalil's parked Aston Martins feeling as if someone was watching her from it. She was quick to avert her gaze when the driver began to talk to her.

"When I go come carry you small madam?"

Nazneen checked her wristwatch before looking back up to him "Don't worry,I'll call you"

The driver nodded and turned to leave when he turned back again "But ehm madam,wetin you dey con do for here seff"

"No need to worry about that and make sure you don't tell anyone about my where about especially Ummi"

He nodded his head and entered the car as Nazneen watched him drive off.

All this while,Khalil watched them from his car but couldn't actually make out what they were saying though he could tell that she was trying to keep her little outing as quiet as possible.

She glanced back at his car and then behind her before disappearing into the thick vegetation the trees provided. Khalil waited for sometime before following her. They were rustled leaves everywhere and he walked past carefully through them so as not to perk her up.

Nazneen wasn't running neither was she walking either. She was somewhat in between and only looked behind her back to make sure that she wasn't being followed.

Khalil sighed as he ducked  his head low to dodge the branch as he continued walking. He wasn't following her anymore as he found interest in walking through the woods suddenly. Using  his hoodie,he shielded his eyes from the sun until he came face to face with one of the most beautiful scenery he had ever seen.

Flowing in front of him was a big waterfall that gushed out of the rocks into a crystal clear flowing stream. The plants there were bright and green with beautiful flowers around and one could tell how soft the grasses were just by looking at it.

No wonder she came here,any sane human would always want to come here.

He watched in awe as the birds flew and chirped merrily on the trees and the tiny mullets skip across the clear water until  his gaze fell on her sitting with her back to him on a large root of an oak tree. He noticed a large weaved basket next to her with a book sprawled on the floor.

Then a kitten came running towards her with glee from somewhere in the bushes. There was a smile on her face as she stroke the furs of the little creature before reaching out for the basket and produced a can of maybe sardines.

Khalil stood rooted at the spot unable to move as he watched her place the kitten on her laps and read the book to herself, finding solace in what she was doing.

"Why did you follow me here?" Her voice shook him out of her trance. She didn't turn but he knew she was talking to him.

He tucked his hand in the pockets of his hoodie and walked to were she was in long strides "I was curious"

"About what exactly Ya Khalil?" She asked this time turning to face him.

"I've heard many stories about the Bahzad's heiress and one being that she never comes out of her room because she believes that she's too good for outside"

She rolled her eyes and scoffed shutting the book she was reading "what ever you heard about are all lies"

He sat down on the grass next to her cross legged taking a good look  at the kitten on her lap that kept looking directly at him "So tell me Nazneen, why are you here?"

"My reason being here is as pathetic as every thinks I am" she breathed out avoiding his gaze.

"That's what you think"

"I think you should go Khalil, please"

"And risked a bear or any wild beast have you for dinner? Nah, I think I'll stay" he said with a hint of tease laced in his tone.

"It's not as if this is my first time if coming here and besides,why do you care any ways?"

Khalil chortled slightly as an unknowing smirk made it's way to his lips "Don't get me wrong here Nazneen, I didn't follow you here because I cared,nope,nada. I followed because I was bored"

"And I'm like a play thing to you" she finished off for him"seriously, am I that pathetic to all of you?"

"It's not everyday we hear that you were in a relationship" he said solemnly "so seeing you sneak out like that only made me guess that you were coming here to see your lover boy"

Nazneen chuckled "So now? Going to tell the others that I came to see him"

"If by 'him' you mean the kitten, then no but if you are actually waiting for someone especially a guy, I still won't say anything and do you know why?" He asked and without waiting for her reply he continued "and that's because I really don't care. So back to my question, why are you here and I promise whatever you say won't get of here"

She  stared long in his dark orbs as if checking if he could be trusted. She drew her wrapped hijaab over her forehead and brought her knees closer to her chest,the baby cat purring at her feet.

"I'm here because I'm nervous about tomorrow" she started with a sigh. She told him about her planned dinner with Farhad the next evening and how she has cold feet for it and he listened attentively to her.

Nazneen being at her secret safe haven always made her feel relaxed but she didn't know how Khalil made her open up to him that easily. It was something that felt new to her.

"... After drawing up conclusions and weighing the pros and cons of it,I'm thinking of bailing Farhad"

"And you think that'll be all"

"Yes" she shrugged "He did say that he was going the day after tomorrow"

Khalil closed his eyes and thought for a moment before opening them again "Where you always shy or you just feel like other people can't meet up to your level?"

She ducked her head and began playing with the gold bracelet on her hand. And that was how Khalil got his answer. She was actually shy only that people misjudged it for being snobbish. He actually liked it when she  wasn't quiet,in general he liked chatty people.

The sun had already began to set and in as much as the view was picturesque from where they sat,they had to get going.

Khalil stood up,dusting his slacks on brushing of the tiny dried up pine leaves that feel on his hoodie. She stood up to call her driver when she saw that wasn't any network service.

"Uhmmm ya Khal" her voice was shaky "I'm sure we're going to be stuck her for a while"

He turned to her "What do you mean?

"No network service or is it just my phone"

"I don't..." He brought his phone closer to his face and the network bar was the first thing he saw "Yup,we're stuck"

"You came with your car,so you didn't have any problem but I'm sure I'll get a taxi from the main road"

"And you think taxis commute through this road" he scoffed with a smile "Don't get ahead of your self"

"Well then,I'm sure I'll be able to get network from one of the rocks"

He tried to suppress his laughter but it still came out though "And how do you intend to get up there? Please I'm curious"

She glared at him shortly before picking her book from the floor and rubbed her temples with her fingers trying to come up with other ideas.

"You know you could just ask me for a lift to your house"

"I don't want to over burden you"

He looked her with the are you crazy look and scoffed "You're not serious"

Without waiting from another word from her, he turned on his heels leaving her with option of either following him or waiting for the network service that might never come around. When he began to hear footsteps from behind, he was glad to know that she was wise enough choose the best decision.

******

He brought the car to a screeching halt just outside her front gate. It was already dusk and the street lights eliminating from outside was enough for him to her smiling.

"Thank you Ya Khalil,very much"

"For what exactly?" He asked using his fingers to drum the steering wheel.

"For everything. For listening and for bringing me back home"

"You welcome and in case any further advice to call with your cousin,you know how to get me"

She knitted her brows in confusion "I don't actually"

He rolled his eyes and snatched her phone from her hands before she could protest and typed in his number and gave it back to her "Call me when you need someone to listen to you"

She nodded and thanked him again before stepping out of the car and shutting the door behind her.

"And also next time, put a password on your phone"

She didn't turn back but he was she heard him. He brought his car into reverse and made swift reverse as she watched driving until he was out of sight.

Ummi who stood standing at the balcony saw when the familiar car pulled in front of the gates. She waited for whoever was in the car to come out and was only shocked to see that it was her own daughter coming out,then a smile crept on her lips seeing Nazneen breeze in.

And issa wrap

Oya clap for me👏

Just to make things clear though, I don't think that kind of waterfall paradise exist in Abuja and even if it does,I haven't heard of it. But sha,that's why we call it a work of fiction

Or is too early? Nah, I think it's going well

Who wants a random question because I'm in the mood for it?

RQ:If you were giving an opportunity to choose a place you would love to go on a vacation, where would you go

My answer: it would be Paris.

Gosh I'm in love with that country. I heard it's one of the most beautiful cities in the world and movies and pictures didn't do justice to it. I would love to climb the Eiffel tower or visit any fashion institute.

How 'bout you guys?

Anyways, don't forget to

Vote
Comment
And follow

Au revoir

Love,diamond

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 1.2K 21
Hanan love Sadeeq dearly. She loved him since she was young. Hanan never got the chance to tell Sadeeq and he fall in love someone else. She was com...
14.8K 822 66
Following the life of a pluzsize nigerian lady after after her life comes crashing down when she finds out that her younger sister is secretly marrie...
9.3K 434 9
Love stories are unbidden. It can happen anytime and between anyone. It can unfold in the most unexpected ways. It's often a surprise, and it can be...
17.9K 2.2K 28
Sit tight for Muhammad Aslam Shettima and Fatima Amna Omar's love story.