My College Life | ✓

By angellover254

(The second installment in the 'My Life' series. Can be read alone) Meet John Ace, the hot shot at campus. Wi... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Epilogue

Chapter 6

273K 4.3K 437
By angellover254

Cover to the right is made by MayTheOddsBWithU :)

***

Amanda's POV~

What the heck did she just say? Kiss Danny?

Hell no!

I just met him for crying out loud! I don't even kiss on the first date, let alone kiss someone who I just met literally this morning. Plus, I don't want to ruin the friendship we have going on now and make things awkward between us.

Looking at Danny for help, I saw him shooting daggers at Jeyleen, signing something with his hands. Taking a closer look at what he was doing, I realized it was sign language. Since when did he learn sign language?

Jeyleen shook her head, replying back in sign language as well.

I watched them exchange signs back and forth before Danny turned to me.

"She won't give this up." He stared helplessly at me, saying sorry with his eyes. "Just close your eyes and it'll be over soon."

Before he even moved forward, I held my hand up. "No. I don't want to." When I said that, I could've sworn I heard John let out a big breath of air. But it was probably just my imagination. He wouldn't have cared either way anyways.

"I don't either," he replied back, "but Jeyleen won't let anyone leave the room until I do the dare."

Wow... Who knew that shy little Jeyleen could behave like this? I sure didn't...

"Can't we just like forfeit?"

"Danny would never do the forfeit," Jeyleen answered, smiling.

"What do you mean?" I questioned. How bad can it be?

"It involves him without clothes."

My eyes widened. Oh my gosh, this girl is crazy. I don't even want to know what's going through her head right now. Maybe that's why no one was picking 'dare' when Jeyleen asked. I should've just picked truth and saved everyone this trouble.

I sighed. I guess there's no other way out of this. "Fine."

"Huh?" they both said, eyebrows raising simultaneously. Yup... they're twins alright.

"I said, 'fine'. Danny can do the dare."

It's only one minute, how bad can it be? I'll just close my eyes, and imagine myself kissing someone else. As soon as I thought that, an image of John's face popped up.

I shook my head, quickly getting rid of that crazy thought.

No more John, Amanda. You came to this party to have fun and to get your mind away from him. Everything was going great until he had to go and dance with me. Why did I even agree to that dance!?

"You sure?" he asked.

"Do you want to forfeit?"

He shook his head quickly. "Jeyleen told me what I had to do, and there's no way in hell I am doing that."

So... that's what they were signing back and forth about.

"Right... so let's just get this thing over with."

He nodded his head before padding his way over to me. He stopped in front of me, kneeling on his knees so we were about the same height. Holding his hand out, he placed it behind my head, threading his warm fingers through my hair. His hot breath fanned my face as he moved in, his lips only an inch or so away from mine. I could even smell the peppermint on his breath. Was he chewing some kind of gum before?

Closing my eyes, I waited. A few seconds passed and I didn't feel anything. Peeking my eyes open, I realized Danny wasn't in front of me anymore. He was lying on the floor a few foot away from me, holding the back on his head and hissing in pain.

A body stepped from behind me, blocking Danny from my line of view.

"Let me do his dare."

I blinked once. Twice. A third time.

It wasn't going away, John was still standing there.

Why was he standing there? And why did he say he'd do Danny's dare?

"You know, you didn't have to push me," Danny's voice rang from behind John. "I could've just moved."

John twisted his neck a bit, apologizing to him. Danny shrugged his shoulder, forgiving him like it was nothing.

"So can I?" He was looking at Jeyleen now as he spoke.

She smirked, her eyes twinkling. "Sure," she answered immediately. "But Danny has to drink a shot of tequila."

He narrowed his eyes at his little sister, but nodded anyways. "Fine," he grumbled and left the room, probably heading to the kitchen to grab the tequila.

"I'll be back." Jeyleen stood up, hitting her hands against her jeans a few times, dusting them off. "Gotta make sure he drinks it."

Soon she left as well, and John and I were left alone with a room full of people I didn't know. They were all watching me; some were even glaring.

This feels like high school all over again.

"So why are you doing Danny's dare?" I know John can be... well, a pig, but he would never kiss me.

"I'm not."

"You're not?"

My eyes dropped. I knew it. There's no way he was going to do it. But if I knew that... why am I so disappointed now?

"Nope. I just needed Jeyleen out of the room."

Her out of the room? "Why?"

"Because." He smirked, grabbing my hand. "Don't tell Jeyleen we left." He looked at everyone in the room, daring them to go against him.

They all nodded, afraid what John would do if they would tell.

He smiled, turning back to me. "Let's go."

"Where are we going?" It's not like we can hide from Jeyleen. The flat may be big, but we can't exactly hide from her here.

"You'll see."

Pulling me forward, John cracked the door open, peeking outside. He looked both ways, making sure there were no signs of Jeyleen before we left. Instead of heading to the right where the staircase was, he headed to the left.

"Um... John? Where are we going?" I asked once again when I saw a dead-end up ahead.

"Just trust me okay?"

It took me a moment, but I finally replied back, "... Okay."

He gave me his dazzling smile, his dimples popping out.

I smiled back, following him in silence once again. After a few seconds, he turned right, twisting a doorknob.

Pushing the door a bit, he felt around for the light switch, flipping it up. After we were both inside he closed the door and locked it.

"So is this it?" I asked, slightly confused.

It was just an ordinary room. It had a bed, a TV in the corner, a dresser, and a desk. So why did he bring me here? Maybe this was the only room in the house Jeyleen wouldn't think to look?

He let out a small laugh, shaking his head. "No, we just have to climb out the window first."

The window!? We're on the second floor!

"You've got to be kidding me!?"

"Nope." He popped the 'p', heading over towards the window. Twisting the lock, he slid the window all the way up with ease. "Now climb."

"How?"

He opened his mouth to explain, but then closed it. "I'll just show you."

Swinging his legs up, he jumped, landing on the ledge. Lifting himself up, his fingers hooked on the top of the window and he pulled himself up, slowly making his way upwards before he disappeared.

"Your turn!" he screamed from outside.

Sticking my head out the window, I looked up, seeing that the roof was an inch or so from the top of the window.

"You won't fall Amanda. When you stand on the ledge, I'll just pull you up."

Well... I guess that's not too bad.

Placing my hands on the ledge, I lifted myself up with all the body strength I had. Once I was seated, I reached my hands up, grabbing his hands.

"Hang on."

Closing my eyes, I felt my feet leave the ground and the wind blowing my hair around, slapping my face.

"You can open your eyes now."

I did as he said, opening them. I held my breath, gasping. The view... it was breathtaking. From here you could see the huge campus forming a circle, surrounding a small lake that sparkled under the moonlight. It looked like a little village.

"Is this what you wanted to show me?"

"Yeah... pretty isn't it?"

I nodded, agreeing with him. "But why did you bring me here?"

"Cause when I tried to show Jeyleen, she wouldn't dare come out the window with me." He stopped, chuckling at the memory. "So I knew she wouldn't come up here to bust us for not doing the dare."

"I see... So was she the first one you wanted to show this to?"

"Yeah, but she immediately refused." His voice sounded somewhat disappointed as he laid down, getting comfortable. "Said she would die."

"Oh."

Just exactly how close are Jeyleen and John....?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 65.4K 50
(The third installment in the 'My Life' series. Can be read alone.) Being the face of the Ace's fortune and an ex-child star, Lily Ace had everythin...
327 22 16
"If you hate me so much, then why do you stick around?!" I yelled. "I don't hate you. You're just so fucking annoying!" He yelled back, throwing his...
594 165 22
The truth about Jessica's past is creeping up on her and everything is crumbling. Does meeting the player, help her or make everything worse? Will th...
69K 2.3K 51
#BOOK1 in 'ACE' SERIES He was like storm. He liked silence. He had looks which could kill. He is cold , ruthless and arrogant as hell. He h...