A Second Chance {Nightmare x...

By midnightthebee

You and Nightmare were best friends. With her unique soul, Nightmare always found it easy to talk to her. The... More

Prologue
~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~
~10~
~11~
Holiday Special
~13~
~14~
Not a chapter, but I have an idea
Okay, poll time
Le Other Story
~15~

~12~

2K 94 146
By midnightthebee

Everyone was panicking. So were you. You were smaller than the average person. So to avoid being trampled, you had to fly up out of most people's reach. Now you were just hovering in the air, trying to figure out how to calm down.

You glance around the room, trying to avoid catching sight of the body. It was one of the camera men. You hadn't known him that well, but the blood...

It's a good thing horror movies are my specialty.

As you glance around, you catch a pair of eyelights staring you down. You blink, and they're gone. Now you're curious.

You start heading in that direction. There's less people, so you land and fold your wings in.

💛

"Wait, wait, wait, what do you mean we can't go in?"

"No! I mean, you can't go in!" Ink says to me. "There's too much negativity in there for you to enter!"

I know he's right, but I'm still worried.

"Just... be careful..." I say. Don't let her get hurt, please.

"If it makes you feel better, maybe Ink could keep the window open so you can continue watching," Blue suggests, looking over at the artist.

"Yes, I'd like that, thank you!"

"Alright then! We'll be back soon!" With that, Ink pulls his paintbrush out and splatters some ink onto the floor. Then he and Blue hop through, leaving me alone.

I hope they'll be okay...

You've been wandering around the building for a while and your leg was starting to kill you. Sure, you were used to ignoring pain during a scene, but it was starting to become unbearable.

You suddenly hear footsteps and freeze.

Someone was following you. It would've been better if you had stayed in the studio with everyone else! Why did you let your curiosity get the best of you?

The footsteps are getting closer, and you make an attempt to duck behind something, only to run into someone, and feel something cold press against your throat.

I'm so screwed.

"Hey there..." they whisper. It sounded similar to the voices you'd heard back at Nightmare's castle, but it wasn't one you recognized.

"Killer...?" you guess.

"Bingo."

"Hey don't forget about me." Cross?

Said skeleton swings a giant knife from his shoulder and leans on it, staring you down.

"If you don't mind me asking," you say, glancing down at the knife, "what's going on?"

"We've noticed that boss has taken a liking to you, (Y/N)," Cross says.

"So we're here to find out what you have that we don't," Killer whispers. Can this guy speak any louder?

"I'm not sure I understand what you mean," you reply.

"You see, normally, the two of us are always fighting over Nightmare, but we've decided to team up to deal with you," Cross explains.

"Now why don't you tell us about yourself? Your real self, actress." The way Killer says 'actress' kind of sounds like an insult somehow.

"What do you mean 'my real self?'"

"The you when you're not acting, dumb[hat]," he snaps. You blink in confusion. Cross looks confused for a moment, before his face suddenly turns to panic.

You take the moment to stomp your heel into Killer's foot as hard as you can.

If you'd done this with ordinary shoes, you doubt he's have flinched. However, ever since you were a kid, you'd had an issue with going overboard with your acting and somehow destroying your shoes in the process. So for acting, you'd have to get shoes that had a thin layer of metal over the soles.

Killer drops the knife and bends forward, reaching for his foot. You spread your wings, putting as much distance between you and Cross as possible.

Cross's knife turns red, and so do his eyelights. Those were the eyelights you'd seen before. He looks really mad.

"Yo there, my rad broseph. It'd be a brutal idea ta start a throw down in here, ya know." What...? I don't understand anything.

A/N: I suck at Fresh lingo, so bear with me. I used an online translator, then edited it so that it sounded smoother and less wierd.

You look in the direction of the voice and see a skeleton that can be best described as 'a guy from the 90s who found a time machine and came to the future.'

"YOU!" Cross yells at him, completely forgetting about you.

"I just wanted ta watch a beards tv show and then you come and cause chaos in da middle of da filming," he looks up at you as if expecting a response.

"Um, thank you? I'm glad you like it...?" you say. He seems satisfied.

"No problem, dudette. Now why don cha bounce while i deal with these two?" he replies, sounding slightly threatening.

"Yep, okay, I'll be going."

"I don't think so," Killer says. So he can speak louder than a whisper.

"I will not hesitate to stomp your other foot. Do not test me!" you snap, doing what you do best. Acting braver than you actually feel.

Killer just smirks at you, before using blue magic to pull you back down to the ground.

At that, your 90s friend summons a skateboard out of no where and smacks Killer with it, giving you the chance to get out of their range of sight.

You move through multiple hallways, trying to get as far as possible from them.

Well now I'm alone. This makes me very vulnerable according to the universal law of horror movies.

You look around and nervously ruffle your feathers. You keep glancing around yourself, trying not to be caught off guard. You're suddenly regretting your life choices as you keep hearing loud noises and shrieking. When the frick did this building become haunted?

"I wish Nightmare were here," you mumble to yourself.

"You called?" You shriek in terror, before turning around and facing the voice.

"Nightmare?!"

"The one and only," he replies, seeming unfazed by your response.

You run over and hug him. He has some incredibly perfect timing. Just knowing he's got your back now is calming.

"How'd you find me?" you ask, looking up at him from your hug.

"I was actually looking for Cross and Killer, and I sensed your anxiety which is kinda rare, so I wanted to find you first," he replies.

"Cross and Killer were trying to kill me," you say, definitely not tattling on them. Nope, not you.

"They WHAT!!!"

He wraps a tentacle around your waist and teleports to where the two were fighting your 90s friend. Apparently, Ink and Blue had decided to finally show up and were helping to fight Killer and Cross. They all froze at the sight of you and Nightmare.

"(Y/N)!" Blue cries. Ink's eyelights flash to red crosshairs. In response, Nightmare's grip around your waist tightens, as if he's afraid of losing you.

"Killer, Cross, come with me. NOW," he snaps, wrapping tentacles around them both.

"Wait no! (Y/N)!" Blue cries out again, but Nightmare teleports to his castle throne room before Ink and Blue can do anything.

(Words: 1130)

And now, bloopers, brought to you by Author-San having random ideas at 3am instead of sleeping.

Ink: No, I mean you can't- *bursts into laughter* I'm sorry, I'm sorry *more laughter*
Blue: Not again!
Dream: That's the fifth time!
Author: Aight, let's wait for Ink to calm down and do this again.

X!Chara: YOU! Okay, wow, that was loud. My throat hurts now.
Author: You're in the body of a skeleton. You don't even have a throat.
X!Chara: Are you a skeleton?
Author: No, but-
X!Chara: Then shut.
Author: ...
Author: Listen here, you little sh-

Killer, whispers: I don't think so- *proceeds to have a coughing fit*
X!Chara/Cross: Oh come on! Really?
Author: Are you okay-
Killer: Yeah, I'm okay! Oh. I got my voice back!

(Y/N): If you don't mind me asking... Dammit, I forgot the line again, I'm sorry!
Author: (Y/N) please! ALL I WANT IS TO GET THIS DONE AND GO TO SLEEP!
(Y/N): ...
Author: ...
Nightmare: I sense negativity, what happened-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 55K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
473K 17K 95
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
602K 13.5K 40
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
965K 36.5K 87
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...