We'll Get Though This Togethe...

By Capser76570

Ahsoka and Rex have been together for almost a year now, through many hard times like Umbara for instance. No... More

Rex's Fear
Under the Covers
Cody
In the Bacta
Relief
Injury
Med Bay
Confrontation
Tackle
Mandalore
Getting to the Palace
Ahsoka vs Maul
Calm Before the Storm
Order 66
Trying to Escape
Escape
Arguement
Making Up
The Plan
Coruscant
Chancellor Palpatine
The Missile
Recovery
The Child
Sparring Match
Formation of a Plan
Kamino Pt1
Kamino Pt2
Kamino Pt3
Leaving Kamino
Survivor
Leaving the Med Center
The Picture
Whatever it Takes
Crossfire
Heroes
Affection
The Separatist Senator
The Party
Truth Serum
Plan for Escape
Leaving
Home Sweet Home
Feeling Better
Sneaking Around
Glitter
Blades
The Dare
The Briefing
Preparing
Mygeeto
Darkness
Light
Better Days
The News
Mess Hall
Choices
Crash
Taking a Plunge
The Woods
The Cabin
The Gurlanin
Fights
Going Back
Back on the Cruiser
Growing Pains
Back to Coruscant
Adoration
Preparations
Hello There
General Grievous
Just Breathe
A Little Bit of Love
Here and Now
Cybernetics
Battle of Coruscant
Doom
Highs and Lows
Nearing the End
Finale
Epilogue
New Book

Trauma

994 30 3
By Capser76570

Rex had managed, with some heavy coaxing from Anakin and Obi-Wan, to go back to his quarters on the cruiser outside the MedCenter. He rushed into his room, fearful someone would ask him a question while his emotions were all over the place. He closed the door behind him and went over to his mirror and couldn't help but let out a strangled sob. He put a hand over his eyes and calmed himself down. He did his best to reassure himself, but that was difficult. He slid his hand down so it was just below his nose, now covering his mouth. At this point, he couldn't contain the water works. Rex put a hand up against the wall to steady himself and was ready to just let release it all, but there was a knock on the door.

He gasped quietly and quickly wiped away the tears that were streaming down his face, "uh... uh yeah, just a second," he called. He sniffled and blinked to push back the rest of the tears. "Come in,"

The door opened and Cody appeared. He walked inside and walked over to Rex, "How is she doing?" He asked softly.

"She's, uh, she's conscious,"

"Well, that's good," he said with a smirk.

"No, it's not... She's, um.... she's b- she's blind,"

Cody stood there and his eyes went a tad bigger, "Oh.... I'm- I'm sorry, Rex. It's just temporary right?" Rex nodded. "Yeah, so it'll come back, you'll see,"

"Yeah,"

"Is there anything I can do? Anything you want,"

"Uh, no thanks," he pinched the bridge of his nose and shook his head, "I'm just gonna go back to the Med Center, I—,"

"Oh, slow down, brother. You literally just got here, you need to calm down. You're not missing anything. And if anything does happens they'll call you,"

"I know but—,"

"Rex...." Cody shook his head, "You need to rest. You're gonna collapse if you don't. Besides, you're no good to her if you're going to be tired all the time."

Rex scoffed, "That's what Skywalker said,"

"And it's the truth—,"

"No, look I gotta go,"

"Lemme guess, there's no way I can stop you," he said more of matter-of-fact than a question.

"Correct," he went over to his bed and pulled on his helmet, "I'll see you later," he walked over to the door.

Cody sighed, "Rex, wait. You're in no condition, let me fly you there,"

Rex turned around, "Fine," They left his room and headed down to the hanger.

Rex had a bit of trouble finding Ahsoka's room. He went to the one she was in earlier, but she wasn't there. He decided to go back to desk where the waiting room was. The person told him she had moved to a more private room, and gave him the number.

Rex went to that room and found it was darker, and a tad more homely that the previous one she was in. He walked in a saw Anakin sitting in a chair next to the bed Ahsoka was sleeping in. He looked up at Rex, "She's been sleeping on and off. No changes,"

"Why'd they move her?"

"Medics figured she'd be more comfortable in a more secluded room. Well, I should go," he stood up and walked over to Rex and patted his shoulder, "Comm me,"

"Okay,"

Rex watched as Anakin left, and he then walked over to his wife, "Hey, Ahsoka," he lightly stroked her arm. Ahsoka startled wake. "Hey," he whispered.

"Anakin?" She asked.

"Hey. No, it's me," he said softly.

"Rex, where are you?" she sat up and started to feel around.

Rex guided her towards him, "I'm right here." She leaned in close to his chest, not caring about his armor and closed her eyes. "I'm right here. It's okay,"

Ahsoka leaned back, "Ow, Rex, my head," she slowly started to lay back down with the help of him, "It hurts," she said as she was now fully lying down.

"It's alright. Don't move. Just relax, okay?" Rex quickly started to take off his chest plate and the armor on his upper body, gently setting it on the floor.

She settled down and opened her eyes, staring blankly, "Rex, can you tell me what happened? Why am I here?"

"Well, do you remember our most recent mission?"

"No,"

"We, uh, we had to destroy a droid factory by blowing it up,"

"I don't remember,"

"It's okay. It's okay..... what do you remember?"

"I think... I think, there was some snow, and cold,"

"That's right," Rex smiled, "We were on Mygeeto,"

"Mygeeto," she whispered to herself.

"You, Anakin, and some others went in a droid factory to shut it down. You guys had to blow it up, while me and others distracted the droids. We got out, but the bombs went off before you could get out,"

Ahsoka closed her eyes tightly and she got a flashback of getting hit with the shockwave. She remembered getting knocked back with such force. Her montrals started to ring and she gasped, "Rex!" She quickly sat up and clutched onto him.

"Hey, hey," he put his arms around her like a protective shield.

Ahsoka couldn't keep down her emotions any longer. She started to cry into his chest and she felt his arms get tighter around her. She sobbed  in his chest, clutching his blacks that covered his chest, "I'm so scared," she admitted. "I haven't been this scared in such a long time," she sniffled.

"Shh... it's okay." He kissed the top of her montral, "We're going to be okay. You're gonna get better, alright?" Ahsoka let out calming exhales. Rex's eyes started to get misty, "It's okay,"

Rex and Cody came back from the trip to the MedCenter and they boarded the cruiser. They went into a room where Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Fives were talking. Anakin looked up at the two clones, "How is she?" He asked.

"Uh, she's sleeping," Rex said.

"Look," Obi-Wan nodded, then turned to Anakin and said, "Kix is one of our best, and I know it's tough to wait and see, but she's in good hands. So, Anakin, there is no need to get worked up, and it's the only thing we can do,"

"No, it isn't," Anakin argued back, "She can't see. We should take her to a better hospital where they specifically treat people with these problems,"

Rex sighed, and thought. He got a better idea, "No," he said, "We need to bring her here,"

"What? That's worse,"

"Look, I know Ahsoka. She's completed confused and disoriented in the MedCenter. She'd do better in her own quarters, with a place she's familiar with. We need to bring her back here,"

"I'm sorry, Rex," Obi-Wan said, "but I think she's better where she is,"

"...I agree," Fives reluctantly said.

Rex shook his head, "Well, I don't," he looked down then back up, "I need to get some of her things," and he exited the room.

*Middle of the night*

Rex could barely keep his eyes open. He was staring at a data pad screen researching neurological vision impairment and the causes and treatments. He had been doing it for while now, and it was starting to take a toll on him. He was so tired.

Ahsoka gasped in her sleep. She got the flashback again of the explosions and shockwave. The roaring of the flames rang throughout her head. She jerked in her sleep as her body in her dream came into contact with the hard floor. She looked up and saw the ceiling starting to come down on top of her.

Ahsoka shot up from her nightmare and gasped. She looked around with wide eyes and felt around aimlessly, "Rex?!" She called out, "Rex! Where are you?!"

Kix came rushing into the room, "It-it's alright, Ahsoka," he turned on the small lamp on the beside table. Ahsoka started to hyperventilate. He put an arm around her and rubbed her back, "It's alright, calm down. Just breathe. Breathe,"

"Oh no!" She started to sob again and she put a hand to her face, trying to stop the tears but she couldn't.

"Hey," Kix pulled her closer, "You're okay. You're safe,"

Rex typed into his data pad. He couldn't continue for long, his eyes hurt. He rubbed them and let out a long yawn. His comm started to ring and he wondered who could possibly be calling him at this hour. He picked up his com, "Hello?"

"Rex. It's Kix, look, Ahsoka is wanting you,"

"Is she okay?"

"She's very upset and—,"

"Yeah, yeah, okay, I'm on my way." He hung up and quickly threw on a shirt.

Rex entered her med room and nodded at Kix who said, "I gave her a mild sedative, shout if you need me," and he left the room.

Rex carefully scooched over to where her head was resting and he stroked her hand, "Ahsoka," he said softly.

She jerked awake and sat up quickly again, "Rex!"

"Hey, hey. I'm right here. Right here," she stuck her face into the crook of his neck and grasped at his shirt, needing some sort of comfort. "Are you okay?" He asked.

Ahsoka breathed heavily, "I don't know where I am. I hate this. I just wanna go back," she said into him. Rex stroked her back lek and hugged her tighter. Perhaps he was right, she needed to go back on the cruiser and get back to a place she knew. It wasn't technically her home, but it was as home as anything. She'd spent so long on that cruiser it practically became a home for her. Anakin and them were wrong, and she said so herself, she needed to get back on the cruiser.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.2K 461 37
π•§π• π•šπ•• - a completely empty space "I'm trapped in the darkness." She whispered into his ear. His arms slipped around her waist, heart aching for h...
154K 3.8K 52
A storyline if Anakin left the Jedi Temple with Ahsoka rather than remaining there. Prepare for a different way Anakin looks at the Jedi, the Sith, a...
150K 2.6K 35
A couple of months after Ahsoka leaves the Order, Anakin meets an orphan girl they discover is force-sensitive. She works her way into the hearts of...
123K 4.3K 81
Anakin, Obi-wan, Rex and Ahsoka. Who doesn't know this team? Well imagine they where stuck on a planet in the middle of a forest, and the only one of...