We'll Get Though This Togethe...

By Capser76570

Ahsoka and Rex have been together for almost a year now, through many hard times like Umbara for instance. No... More

Rex's Fear
Under the Covers
Cody
In the Bacta
Relief
Injury
Med Bay
Confrontation
Tackle
Mandalore
Getting to the Palace
Ahsoka vs Maul
Calm Before the Storm
Order 66
Trying to Escape
Escape
Arguement
Making Up
The Plan
Coruscant
Chancellor Palpatine
The Missile
Recovery
The Child
Sparring Match
Formation of a Plan
Kamino Pt1
Kamino Pt2
Kamino Pt3
Leaving Kamino
Survivor
Leaving the Med Center
The Picture
Whatever it Takes
Crossfire
Heroes
Affection
The Separatist Senator
The Party
Truth Serum
Plan for Escape
Leaving
Home Sweet Home
Feeling Better
Sneaking Around
Glitter
Blades
The Dare
The Briefing
Preparing
Mygeeto
Trauma
Light
Better Days
The News
Mess Hall
Choices
Crash
Taking a Plunge
The Woods
The Cabin
The Gurlanin
Fights
Going Back
Back on the Cruiser
Growing Pains
Back to Coruscant
Adoration
Preparations
Hello There
General Grievous
Just Breathe
A Little Bit of Love
Here and Now
Cybernetics
Battle of Coruscant
Doom
Highs and Lows
Nearing the End
Finale
Epilogue
New Book

Darkness

1K 32 20
By Capser76570

Ahsoka was lying on a hover stretcher which medics were quickly moving. They had a few people working on her while they moved her to a room to be fully examined and treated. They put a breathing contraption on her face and a medic would pump air into her mouth. They're were medics discussing her vitals, ".... blunt force trauma, heart rate...."

Rex was not very far behind, he made it to the waiting room just as they put her in a private room. He went up to the desk and asked for her, and they said she was in the ICU and to take a seat and wait for the medic to come out.

Kix took out a small, cylinder shaped flashlight and shone it into Ahsoka's right eye. Her pupil didn't respond to the light at all, so he checked the other eye, but it was the same.

It felt like forever, but soon, Obi-Wan and Anakin came into the room Rex was in. Rex stood up from the chair he was sitting in a shook his head, "I haven't heard anything,"

"Nothing?" Asked Anakin.

"We have to wait for Kix to come and talk to us- actually, speaking of..."

Kix came around a corner and nodded at them.

"Ah, Kix" Obi-Wan said, "How is she doing? Is she okay?"

He walked over to them and set down his data pad, "Well, Commander Tano has suffered a blow her head, which, overall, is good considering she was caught in an explosion. Her coat mostly insulated her from it, so she doesn't have any burns. However, she still hasn't regained consciousness, which is quite normal for a head injury of this kind," He explained.

"When do you think she'll regain consciousness?" Anakin asked.

"Well that's a bit unpredictable. Her vital signs are strong, and as far as motor response goes she can move her ams and legs, so there's no damage there," he inhaled slowly, "but her eye response is slow. You should take a seat for this," he motioned to the chairs. Once they all sat down, he continued, "Well, the blow was near the occipital lobe of the brain, which contains the vision center. At the moment, she is not responding to light,"

"What does that mean?" Obi-Wan asked, not wanting his guess to be correct.

He exhaled, "As you know, I'm not the kind of person who sugar coats things, so you need to know that there's a possibility of post-traumatic cortical blindness," Rex felt sick at those words. "Now, this could be a temporary state, but you must all understand that if her sight doesn't return back to normal in a few days-," Rex stood up and combed through his hair, trying to calm himself down, "-that there is an increased chance there will be lasting damage. We will continue to monitor Ahsoka, but we won't know much more for a long while. So my advice is to go to the cruiser and get some sleep, I know it's hard, you'll be called when she regains consciousness or if there's any sudden changes,"

They all either nodded or thanked him as he stood up and walked away. Rex breathed heavily, "Well, I'm not leaving. I've gotta go see her,"

Anakin nodded, "Go ahead. Just, make sure to comm us if there's any news,"

"I will,"

With that, he quickly got Ahsoka's room number and headed down there. He opened up the door and inhaled sharply when he saw the machines she was hooked up to. He sighed and walked over to the bed. He sat down in a chair that was near it. He knew she needed to wake up, so Rex put Ahsoka's hand in his. He was trying not to let his emotions take over, he needed a distraction of some sort. He rubbed her thumb, "Ahsoka? 'Soka, come on, you gotta wake up....You're gonna be okay," he said that more to himself though. There was no answer, only the sound of the monitors beeping steadily. "Cyare? Come on you gotta wake up, okay? I know you can do it," his breathing became unsteady, "Come on,"

*Next morning*

Rex was startled awake by a voice over the P.A. He straightened up and looked around to see where he was. Memories came flooding back to him, making him sadly sigh when he saw Ahsoka lying there peacefully. He looked at the time, 8:00 in the morning. He grabbed her hand again and brought it to his lips, gently placing a kiss. He set her hand back down and rubbed it. Hoping that she'd wake up soon, "'Soka I'm right here..... right here," he yawned and nearly jumped out of his skin when a medic came into the room.

"Hi, oh. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you,"

Rex quickly let go of her hand and leaned back in his chair. Awkward. He shook his head, "It's fine,"

"Well my name is Aid, and just a heads up, Kix wants to do more tests. Your gonna have to stand out when he gets here. Maybe go to the mess, or even better, go out and get some air. Alright," Aid finished putting in info into the data pad, "tests shouldn't be very long," and he walked out.

Rex sighed and he did his best to look out the door to make sure no one was coming. He stood up and kissed Ahsoka on the forehead, "I'll be right back," he promised. "I love you," He slowly walked towards the door.

Ahsoka's eyelashes fluttered and she felt as if someone was gagging her, yet she could breathe perfectly. Something was in her mouth, touching her uvula which triggered her gag reflex, and she had no idea what was going on. She slowly brought a hand up to her face and gagged. She started to rip off the breathing support when she heard someone's footsteps run over to her.

"Ahsoka. Ahsoka, hey!" Came a happy voice. Rex's voice. She pulled the tube from out of her mouth and coughed as she slowly sat up. "Hey!"

"Rex?! Rex?!" Panic was written all over her face. His smiled disappeared and now he looked scared. Ahsoka's breathing got faster and she looked around but couldn't see anything. Just darkness. Blackness. She called out for Rex again, her fear starting to take over, "Rex?!"

"I'm right here, 'Soka, what's going on? Medic! Medic!" He called out.

Anakin, Rex, and Obi-Wan were standing in a circle along with Kix.

"How can you just stand there and tell me that my Padawan may possibly be blind," Anakin asked the medic.

"I understand your distress, sir. We're doing everything we can to keep Ahsoka calm and comfortable. As far as her sight returning, well, only time will tell. This is a brain injury,"

"We need to know. We deserve to know. I-I'm sure you've seen theses cases before, what are the odds?"

"There are no odds in these situations. For every person and injury, every outcome varies,"

Obi-Wan spoke up, "There has to be some sort of treatment, something we can do,"

Rex couldn't take it any more. He decided to head back down to Ahsoka's room to try and talk to her. She was in shock, and she was afraid, who wouldn't be? He entered her room and sat down on the chair next to the bed she was in. She was staring blankly at the ceiling and her brow was slightly furrowed.

"You're gonna be fine, Ahsoka," Rex reassured.

"I'm not fine, Rex. I'm not fine," she said with shaky-ness.

"It's okay. You will be, all right? Take a breath," She slowed down her fast breathing and inhaled long, then released it. "There you go,"

She licked her dry lips and she closed her eyes tightly, "What happened to me?"

"You took a hit.... to your head,"

"From what?" She opened her eyes again.

"Y-you don't remember?"

She shook her head, "No,"

"...Ahsoka, the injury affected the part of your brain where the vision center is. They said it's usually a temporary state."

"Usually?"

There was a knock at the door, "Sorry, Rex, but now that Ahsoka is a little calmer, I'd like to speak with her,"

"Yeah, that's fine," Rex nodded.

The medic walked over to Ahsoka, "Hello, Commander,"

"Hi," she replied shakily.

"I don't wanna upset you, but could you answer questions for me?" She nodded, "Okay, that's good. Do you remember your name?"

She inhaled, "Ahsoka Tano."

"See, that was easy," he tried lightening the mood. "Can you tell me what day it is?"

"I don't know," she seemed to get worried so Kix reassured her.

"That's okay. No problem. So, uh, who's this here, right next to you, holding your hand?"

She smirked ever so slightly, "You should know this already, but he's Rex, my," she said quietly, "husband,"

Kix smiled, "Very good. Do you know why you're here?"

She swallowed hard and closed her eyes tightly, "Rex said I took a hit," she sighed and groaned slightly, "My head..."

"Okay, do you remember what happened?"

"No,"

"Okay. That's fine—,"

"No! It's not fine... I'm not fine,"

Rex hated seeing her like this.

"Hey, hey. I just want to let you know that how you're feeling, y'know, the memory loss, and the lack of vision, it's all normal when it comes to this type of head injury. I'll come back in a while and check on you, okay? You should get some sleep while I'm gone," he nodded at Rex and while he left the room, Anakin entered.

Anakin walked over to the couple and Rex sat down his the chair, then held onto Ahsoka's hand.

"Hey, Rex," he said sadly. Rex just nodded.

Ahsoka still had her eyes shut tight, "Anakin..."

"Yeah. Yeah, it's me," Anakin cringed. That was about the dumbest thing he could say, though Rex didn't seem to care, he was off in his own world. Anakin, for some reason, felt uncomfortable in the room. Perhaps it was because his Padawan was temporarily blind, and it could be permanent, "Rex."

The Captain didn't even look up, he still looked distant, "Yeah,"

"You should get back to the cruiser and get some rest,"

"No." He looked up. "No, I don't need that."

"Yeah. Yeah, you do. I'll stay here with Ahsoka and com you if there's any change." Rex still shook his head. "Rex, you're no god to her if you're gonna break from exhaustion," he said softly.

The clone sniffled, "All right," he patted Ahsoka's hand and kissed her forehead, "Love you," he whispered. She didn't show any reaction. He sighed as he stepped away and reluctantly left the room.

Anakin looked around the room at the vital machines and doctor tools. He bit his lip and thought, oh kriff it. He walked around the bed to where the chair was and he sat down. He carefully touched her forearm and started to trace patterns on it. He knew it calmed her down and figured she'd need that, "You're gonna be fine, Snips," he told her, "Just fine. You'll see,"

Ahsoka just sighed and what her master was doing did help her to calm down. Being blind was scary, what if she'd never be able to physically see Rex again? Never see his beautiful eyes, his charming smile, and even the tanness of his skin. She wouldn't even be able to see Anakin or Obi-Wan. No. She told herself. No, don't think about that. It'll get better. Right? She had to. Sure, she could still be a Jedi and use her Force sight, but it just wasn't the same. She had to get better, she needed to get better. Not just for her sake, but everyone else's too. Ahsoka finally grew weary and found herself drifting into a deep, peaceful sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.3K 561 41
*CURRENTLY TRYING TO EDIT* *Wouldn't recommend to read right now! Some chapters are incomplete due to me editing!* AHSOKA has a newbron child, she is...
1.4K 30 11
Obi Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano receive a destress signal from Duchess Satine Kryse of Mandalore saying that she had been overthrown...
13.3K 233 8
Good soldiers don't always follow orders. Especially when it comes down to love. "Rex..." Ahsoka whispered playfully as she tossed around a headtail...
123K 4.3K 81
Anakin, Obi-wan, Rex and Ahsoka. Who doesn't know this team? Well imagine they where stuck on a planet in the middle of a forest, and the only one of...