"I do." She relaxed again. "You don't have to apologize. I would be weary as well. Trust isn't an easy thing, especially now."

"You're not wrong about that." He finally gave a smile. "Do you really love Fred?"

"With all my heart." She said quietly, but without hesitation. "I just haven't found the nerve to tell him that. It's different saying it than knowing it. I've never loved anyone before. It's scary."

"He's head over heels for you. I can see it when he looks at you. Reminds me a lot of how Harry's parents looked at each other." Addy's cheeks tinted red at the thought. Everyone knew how much Lily and James Potter loved each other. To be compared to that was overwhelming. She knew she loved him, but for some reason she always stopped herself before she could say it. After a year of sneaking around, the feelings she had for him grew into something much bigger than herself. She felt ready to tell him, until he was right in front of her.

"He showed me light in a very dark time. My parents had me arranged with a boy that wasn't kind to me. He showed me what it was like to be around people who care about me, not just my name."

"There will always be people like that, my dear. Unfortunately, it never goes away. Even after I left this house, people still cowered in fear at the last name. It's a powerful thing, and most of our family members use it as a fear tactic. Maybe you can start to change that."

"I hope so." She paused. "Was my mother always the way she is now?" She asked.

"She was a lot better than your aunt, but she did have the morals, yes. Her parents drilled it into her head as much as yours did. Most stories in our ancestry is the same. Parents teach their children what they know. The only thing we can do is break the pattern." He explained.

"Maybe the pattern can't be broken. If one out of twenty of us tries to teach our kids differently, it barely makes a difference."

"It's still a difference, no matter how small. When this is over, you'll begin to see it."

"You mean if this ends." He gave a sad sigh and a nod.

"We can't think like that. We'll never win." She nodded in agreement. "It's hard to think positively now, but it's the only thing we can do." The door to the house creaked open as he finished, startling them both.

"Thank you, Sirius."

"Thank you for not holding a grudge against my hostility." He smiled. "I swear I'm not that uptight."

"I never believed you were." She returned the grin. "I wouldn't trust a Malfoy either." They both gave a laugh, catching the attention of the people who entered the house. Two heads of ginger hair popped into the doorway, looking suspicious.

"What are you two planning in here?" Fred asked.

"Probably nothing good." George added.

"What prank are you trying to pull?" Fred spoke again. Sirius and Addy both had a bit of mischief running through their blood. Both looked at each other and gave a wink.

"Why would we tell you?" Addy asked.

"That would ruin the surprise." Sirius stood now, about to leave. "Watch your back, kids. You can't outprank a master. She's not too bad, either." With that, he disappeared. Addy stood as well, looking at her two best friends. They eyed her with caution, causing her to laugh.

"I have good news." She stated. Fred nodded as if to ask what. "I bought my bookshop today." She said, smiling wide.

"That's my girl!" Fred cheered, picking her up into a hug. "In Diagon Alley?" He asked. She held onto him as she nodded happily.