Chapter 1: Blown Engine

The moment that red muscle car rolled its way into the garage, Jasper knew it was going to be an irritating day.

"What the hell did you do to it now?!" Her professor, Dr. Hasuhake, stormed out from his office, annoyance clear on his face. Every student in the auto shop building could see why; Smoke was seeping out from the hood, and it smelled absolutely atrocious.

The door popped open, and out stepped a head of ash blonde hair and scarlet wings. "Hell if I know! Thats your job, ain't it, Daisuke?" His voice was a little too happy, especially with the obvious damage done to the car. Everyone instantly recognized him as the number two pro hero, Hawks. But there wasn't a fuss about him being there; He brought them work on a easy day.

Dr. Hasuhake pinched his nose and let out an exasperated sigh. "Lee! Can you come check this out" he called out, nodding at the smoking car.

The girl sighed and pushed her short brown hair back, stepping forward from behind the small crowd of automotive majors.

Sharp, Golden eyes quickly locked onto the lean student that had walked forward. If he was completely honest, he couldn't tell if they were male or female, especially with the baggy jumpsuit and extremely short brown hair. Sure, their face was a little soft to be a male, but there was still an edge to it...but that wasn't what had Hawks enamored. No...

That was their eyes. Harsh, bored, and a beautiful forest green color. This person didn't care about him, just their job.

"Pop the hood" their voice snapped him out of his little trance, almost slamming the bridge of his nose into the edge of the car door. It was calm, as bored as their eyes, and...feminine? Maybe? But it definitely had a foreign accent to it. She could speak Japanese, but she definitely wasn't from here.

"Of course...My bad" he offered a friendly smile, but it was ignored. He quickly popped the hood, allowing the smoke that was inside to roll out in a huge cloud. The hero quickly walked to stand along side the now exposed engine. He wanted to see what was up.

Jasper coughed and tried to wave the smoke out of her face, covering her eyes with her sleeve. Once it passed, she leaned forward. Her eyes suddenly began to glow a neon green color, illuminating the contents of the car momentarily before returning to its normal dim color.

Before he could even process what she had done, she shoved her ungloved hand alongside the engine and pulled a bit of...something out. It looked like torn fabric, but Hawks couldn't be sure.

"One. You overheated the engine. Two: this was causing the overheating and was causing a blockage. Keep the hood popped, keep the car off, and let it cool down. Should take 30 minutes" Jasper quickly answered, barely taking a breath between sentences.

"Well done, Lee! That quirk of yours really comes in handy" Dr. Hasuhake tried to compliment her, but the girl already had her earbuds back in. Rock music could be heard blaring from them as she walked away.

"That was...impressive. What's her quirk?" The pro questioned, his eyes still locked on the female's form.

"She says its called Blueprint. It allows her to see the inner mechanisms of inorganic things, like machines or architecture of sorts. She's one of my top students" Dr. Hasuhake bragged, obviously proud of the girl. "She recently transferred here from America. We're extremely lucky to have her!"

"Yeah...definitely" He smirked and leaned against the side of the scarlet red car he brought in. "What's her name again?"

"Jasper. Jasper Lee. Or we would say Lee Jasper here"

"Jasper...got it. Can She work on my cars all the time? She works pretty fast" He smiled at his professor friend, earning a quick nod.

"Of course. She enjoys working, not to mention it helps pay for her expenses. She'll be grateful" Hasuhake explained.

"Me to- Fuck" the familiar ringtone of the agency calling cut their little conversation short. The pro quickly answered and practically spat at whoever was on the other end. "What?...God damnit. Yeah I'll be there in five" he hung up and jogged towards the garage door.

"I'll be back in an hour for the car! Take care of her for me!" He smiled towards where the mechanic sat as he flew upwards. Much to his surprise, their eyes locked and he got a brief nod in response. His smile morphed into a smirk as he flew off.

He had a new interest.