Stay Warm - Part Two [RS]

It's much colder now than it was last week. To you it seems like you sat down at your laptop one day and by the time your assignments were finished the city had turned into Christmas-Town, complete with piles of snow outside your apartment and frozen icesheets floating down the river. You've been so busy that you couldn't even get out for your daily run, but finally it's all over now. It's time to get back to exploring.

Your coats from home aren't cutting it anymore with this weather, and with your newfound freedom you've decided it's time to buy something more Russian. You pull on a warm jumper, wrap a scarf around your neck and pick up your jacket from the stand when you see something that makes your heart plunge into your stomach.

You never returned the stranger's coat.

"Crap..."

You don't even know exactly where he lives. You turn the coat over and think about the boy who gave it to you and how his residual heat stopped you from catching the worst cold of your life that day. That wasn't the only thing though, the blush you carried home certainly helped as well. There was just something about him, the warmest of eyes against the harshest winter scene.

You throw on your own coat and head out into the gentle snowfall to try and find his house. It takes twenty minutes to walk to his street and then you walk in the direction he went when he left you, but you have no idea what you're looking for. How do you find someone's house when you don't know the number and you've only met them once? You arrive at the end of the street and sigh. This might be impossible.

"Hey!" Someone shouts. You twist around, who else would be speaking in English? "Up here!"

Against all odds, leaning out from an upper floor window across the road is the boy whose coat you've held hostage for six days. Your heart beats faster all of a sudden, nervous. Will he be angry with you?

"I'll come right down," he calls. You cross the road carefully and make your way towards the house, bouncing with restless energy. You quickly adjust your hair as you hear someone fumbling with the lock on the other side. The door opens and you're met by a boy in a woollen reindeer Christmas jumper and a wide smile as he greets you.

"I didn't think you were coming back," he says as he steps outside and closes the door to keep the heat in.

"I'm really sorry, I had exams and assignment deadlines. I really didn't mean to keep it for so long."

"Don't worry, I have plenty of others. If I really wanted it back I would have come to your dorm to find you," he grins and you relax a little bit. You'd forgotten you'd told him where you live so he could find you.

He takes his coat back and puts it on, zipping it to the top.

"Not running anymore?" He asks.

"I just haven't had time. I really wish I could but I think it might be too cold now."

The boy nods, looking around at the white-frosted street. "It's better to run at the gym. So did you walk all the way here just because of me?"

"I'm also heading to the city to by myself a new coat," you blush. The boy laughs and nods.

"I think you'll need one."

"Would you like to come with me?"

Even you're surprised when the question leaves your mouth. You bite your lip, preparing for him to look at you like you're crazy or at least just brush you off. But somehow he doesn't. Instead he looks away again, brushing the snow out of his hair shyly. "Sure, if you want."

"Oh! Oh right... Okay!"

"What, you didn't expect me to say yes?" He chides.

"No, I mean... I don't know..."

A silence settles on the conversation but he's still wearing that smile. He gazes at you for a moment before spinning around and letting himself back into his house. "I'll just get my keys."

You breathe out shakily as the door closes behind him and you curse your stupid mouth for not thinking before it speaks. You're going to make a complete fool of yourself before long if you're not careful. But then again, he did agree to come with you, and he hasn't stopped smiling since he opened the door. Maybe he finds your shyness endearing...

"I just realised I don't even know your name." He says as he steps back outside, pulling on a hat and gloves.

"Oh! It's Y/N."

"Nice to meet you, Y/N. I'm Robert Shwartzman."

You squint at him a little as he shakes your hand. You definitely recognise that name and you scan your brain as you study his face, trying to figure out what it is that's familiar about him.

"I thought we should probably drive, seeing as it's so cold and we're quite far from the best shops."

"Okay," you say. You crunch through the snow together and he turns to face you once he finds the controls to the garage door.

"Now... Try not to fall in love." Robert grins. You furrow your brow as the door begins to lift, revealing a Ferrari. Your eyes open wider and wider as you take it all in, the car is painted in the three colours of the Russian flag and in the middle of the bonnet is the double-headed eagle crest. Oh.

You slowly turn back to Robert. He's beaming at his pride and joy but he turns back to you when he notices your stare.

"Do you like her?" He asks.

"Of course..." You step towards him, slowly breaking into a smile. "And I think I've just realised where I recognise you from."

AN//

He's back by popular demand! I love the aesthetic of these chapters, please let me know if you have any ideas for what should happen next. As always I welcome any and all requests. Lots of love <3