27 2 0

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
━ ✩・*。𝑾𝑯𝑶 𝑻𝑬𝑳𝑳𝑺 𝒀𝑶𝑼𝑹 𝑺𝑻𝑶𝑹𝒀 。˚
〔︎ ₊ ❛ 𝘊𝘏𝘈𝘗𝘛𝘌𝘙 𝘖𝘕𝘌 ; ೃ❜ 〕︎
❪ 𝙷𝙰𝚁𝚁𝚈 𝙿𝙾𝚃𝚃𝙴𝚁 ❫ ‧₊˚ 誰講述你的故事
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

     Minerva McGonagall stood at the head of the empty potions room with her arm folded neatly in front of her. Her amusement couldn't be masked behind the disappointed demeanor she tried to wear. After a glance at the door to make sure it was shut, she exhaled through her nose to calm the laugh that wanted to escape.

None other than the Marauders and Sirens stood before her. The boys covered in ash and soot as if they climbed through a chimney while the girls seemed cleaner than usual-- that alone was amusing enough to Minerva.

"Would someone like to explain what happened?"

Bambii took a step forward, "Miss McGonagall, I'd like it to be known that these four asked us for help knowing that we're in the height of a war," she stated pointedly and gestured to the coughing boys.

"War or not, they still need to get good grad--"

"Not that war, the war we're fighting," Derick interrupted with the correction.

Minerva nodded and her mouth fell into the shape of an o, "thank you for clarifying, Miss White. Now, an explanation?"

Sirius coughed out a cloud of ash before speaking, "these evil people made the potions blow up in our face!" He exclaimed and fell into another coughing fit.

Minerva turned to the girls in faux shock, "is this true?"

Thaleia shrugged, "I'm not saying we did but..." She hummed, "if they were doing something wrong, I wouldn't correct them."

"So technically, it wasn't sabotaged," Derick added with a nod.

"Miss McGonagall!" The boys exclaimed, the raised pitch in their voice caused the girls to giggle quietly.

"Apologize to them." Minerva directed at the trio.

Bambii scoffed, "I'm sorry you weren't smart enough to realize we were lying to you."

Minerva sighed, "Miss Hails," she scolded in a soft tone.

"She's not lying," Thaleia defended, "you always have to have your guard up and theirs were down, significantly. You understand, don't you, Minny?"

"Don't call me that." Minerva briefly addressed, "detention tomorrow, for all of you. Maybe you can... reconcile." She managed to come up with an excuse to have all of them in the same room at the same time.

"But Miss McGonagall, it's Sirius' birthday tomorrow," James said with a pout.

"Yeah, it's my birthday tomorrow!" Sirius exclaimed vexatiously, "I'll serve it the day after, please?" He clasped his hands together and began to plead.

Minerva looked down at him with a raised brow and stoic expression, "do you have any plans for your birthday?"

Sirius' hands dropped from in front of him and he gulped, "well not yet, but--"

"Then you'll come to detention in my classroom."

"But--"

"Would you like for it to be an hour longer than usual?"

Sirius' lips pressed into a thin line as he shook his head, "no ma'am," he murmured.

"That's not fair," Thaleia defended, "it's his birthday."

"Yeah it's his birthday," Derick followed with and turned to Bambii expectantly.

Bambii rolled her eyes and blew a raspberry, "the big seventeen." She added with a shrug.

"Detention tomorrow," she finalized and Sirius looked ready to get down on his knees and beg if he had to, "maybe this'll end the war you all have going on."

   Detention the next afternoon was everything besides quiet. Minerva had left momentarily and that opened the floor to discussion. Sirius sat with a lethal glare set directly on Derick, "if you would've just told us it was a dash and not a handful, we wouldn't be here."

Derick turned to him, "you really think that's the only thing you messed up? Please, you were wrong from the first ingredient. You were supposed to add an Ashwinder egg but you all added a squill bulb first," she mused, raising an eyebrow at him.

"Really? That was it?" Peter asked.

"That was it," the girls simultaneously answered.

"That somehow makes it worse," James grumbled and sank in his seat.

Thaleia turned away from her piece of parchment to face Sirius who was sitting behind her, "have you enjoyed your birthday?"

"What does it matter, anyway?" He griped, "nobody cared."

Remus' brows knit together as a puzzled look settled onto his face, "no one cared? You received dozens of flowers."

"That are found outside the school!" He complained, his hands flailing during his minor outburst, "all I'm saying is a cake would've been nice, people."

"Did someone say cake?"

The students flinched and turned their attention to the door. There stood Miss McGonagall as well as Professor Sprout with a small rectangular cake in Pomona's hands. They carefully walked over and placed the cake in front of Sirius, causing the rest of them to circle the area.

"Really? For me?" Sirius gasped, "this is amazing," he marveled at the desert that read 'happy birthday troublemaker #2.'

"Happy birthday, Sirius," Minerva stated before waving a hand over the cake, lighting the seventeen strategically placed candles, "go on, make a wish."

Sirius bit his bottom lip and closed his eyes momentarily. With a deep breath, he opened his eyes and blew out all of the candles.

"What'd you wish for?" Bambii prodded with a small smile.

"He's not supposed to tell you, isn't he?" Ponomora asked.

Sirius shrugged, "traditionally but I'm anything but traditional, so," he returned Bambii's grin, "I wished for another birthday, just like this one, every year until I'm twenty-one," he revealed with a big grin.

Derick hissed, "you've got us trapped for the next four years, how's that fair?" She quipped.

"Shouldn't have sabotaged me, Derick White," he tilted his head and winked at her.

"It's four years we were gonna be there for anyhow," Thaleia smiled and high-fived Sirius, "I guess this means we're at a truce, hm?"

He gave a curt nod, "we're at a truce."

author's note

to clear it up, this book
takes place during goblet
of fire and the triwizard
tournament is still going
to happen, i've just pushed
sirius' escape to that year.

hope your enjoying so far.