Chapter 14 - Overprotective

Third Person POV

7th January 1993

Tilly is lying next to the fire resting on top of Draco. Draco is raking his fingers through her hair as she pondered her thoughts.

"Bubs," Tilly whispers abruptly; Draco straightens out of surprise.

"Bubs? What happened to bubba?" Draco laughs.

"Well, when you call me Lass, it sounds cute and personal. I wanted something special for you." Tilly smiles, thinking about it. "Why, don't you like it?" Tilly asks worry she made an error in judgment.

"No. Not at all, I love it." Draco reassures. "Lass," Draco smirks as Tilly shakes her head.

"Draco, even if I hurt you, please don't leave me."

"Lass, you'd never hurt me. I'd never leave you." Draco pulls Tilly tighter against his body while he rubs her back comfortingly. Tilly's eyes burned as her lip trembled as she tried to keep the tears at bay.

"I can't live without you." Tilly lets go, and the salty water runs down her face as she turns and lunges them into a hug. Draco clutches Tilly to his chest, letting her sobs echo through the room and her tears stain his shirt.

"You will never be without me, Tilly. I will never leave you." Draco rests Tilly on the ground gently as she falls asleep. "I can't leave this girl; I love, no matter what happens. I never will leave her." Tilly was already dead asleep by the time Draco poured his heart out. Sighing deeply, Draco wraps his arms around his sleeping beauty; snuggling close to her and dozing off in front of the warming fire.

14th January 1993

Harry and Ron had found Tom's dairy Tilly had told Ginny to dispose of; since they found it in the bathroom, Ginny had tried to get rid of it but, just didn't finish the book off once and for all. Harry had told Tilly, Hermione and Ron about everything he saw about Hagrid, so Tilly concluded that Harry has the book and sent Ginny and Raven to find it in his room. Out of nowhere, Neville runs down to where the four where talking.

"Harry, I don't know who it did, but you'd better come," Neville says, running away to the Gryffindor Common Room.

Harry and Tilly are first through and see the mess that was made of Harry's room. Harry realises that the dairy is missing, but on his bedside table sees; a half-eaten green apple, one snake earring and ring, and snake scales? Harry is more than perplexed by these things, but thinks for a second; Malfoy likes apples and wears a snake ring. Lilly said she lost one of her snake earrings, and she has a pet snake; that sheds!

"Lily, what were you doing before you found us? You came to us just before Neville did." Tilly stares at her brother, shocked.

"What are you implying James?"

"That you and Malfoy came here and ransacked my room. Leaving behind your missing earring and Malfoy's half-eaten apple. What were you doing in my room?!"

"I was never in your room and nor was Draco!" Tilly snaps glaring at Harry.

Harry takes a second and decides he was rash; to a degree.

"Ok fine. You weren't, but I bet Malfoy was here. I'm telling you Lills he's bad for you!" Harry's anger flared; his mind flashed back to what Malfoy had asked him and Ron when they were Crabbe and Goyle. Malfoy would never date his sister! Ever!

"James, we've been over this..." Tilly says, surprisingly calm.

"NO! This is it; you can't be around him anymore." Harry made his way out of the room; figuring it was the diary that was taken.