Chapter 103: Two Brothers

Start from the beginning

Shortly, someone opened their door and there stood Hibiki.

"Get up and come with me. You three will be trained." He said as he walk away followed by the three.

As they walk further from the room, they arrived at a certain door. As Hibiki opened it, they were welcomed by a huge training room with a small cement ring at the center. As they enter, they also saw several children about Asano and Fu's age while the rest are older.

"Yo! Naruki!" Asano called at a certain boy with a waist-length, dark-brown hair tied in a low ponytail.

"Asano! Fu!" He called back as he walk closer.
"Hm? Who is she?" Naruki asked looking at Kazumi.

"Oh, she's Kazumi. She's new." Fu answered.

"Alright, stop with the chit-chat. Start training." Hibiki interrupted as he look at Asano and Fu.
"Teach that lab rat how the training goes here." He added before leaving them and locking the door.

"He's really cruel." Asano muttered out.

"Well what can we do, he could just easily kill us you know." Fu replied.

Kazumi then remained standing there as she look at Naruki. He then smiled at her as he wave his hand. He then brought out a puppet made of wood as he crouch down at Kazumi's level.

"See this? It's called a puppet. I made this myself." Naruki said as he move the puppet in front of her.

"It's beautiful."

"I see. So you communicate with the use of writing."

The three of them just sat down in one corner as they play with her and Naruki's puppet until a certain blondie approached them.

"Oi! Idiots! Hibiki-sama said to train the lab rat! Not to play with the lab rat!" He said with a scowl.

His blonde hair reaching just above his shoulders and his pupil less sky blue eyes looking at them. They all looked at him as Asano and Fu frowned.

"So what? It's none of your business." Fu replid as he look back at Kazumi.

"This is a training room Fu, not a play place. She's supposed to train with us."

"Tetsuko." Asano said as he stood up and glare at the blonde.
"If you want that badly to train then go on, don't bother us. What we're doing is none of your business."

The blonde known as Tetsuko just gritted his teeth with an irk mark as he huffed and walked away from them. Asano's expression then went back to normal as if nothing happened.

"Ara~ ara~, seems like a child is scarier than you Tomioka-san." Shinobu said.

"Whatever." Giyu replied looking away from her.

Their scene then changed again as they are now inside Aiko's room.

"I see. I'm glad you have some new friends! I'm sure they'll be able to help you a lot!" Aiko said with a joyful tone giving them a closed eye smile.

"You're right Aiko-san! And not just friends! We're her brothers too!" Asano replied with a lively voice.

"Asano, you'll wake the babies up with your voice." Fu said looking at Asano with a deadpanned expression.

"So-Sorry." Asano whispered.

Aiko then felt a sudden poke on her hand as she look at Kazumi. She then showed her the notebook.

"Aiko-san, are you sad?"

"Why did you ask?"

"Just wondering. You're smiling but the sound you make is the opposite."

"Oh..." Aiko got shocked as her eyes widened a bit but shortly went back to its original form.
".... So you got a sharp hearing. That's quite amazing."

Kazumi just gave her a slight nod still looking at her.

"Yes I am sad, but at the same time, I'm happy. And it's because of you and your new friends who came to visit me and my children." Aiko answered as she gently caress Kazumi's head.

"Should I smile too even when I'm not happy? Just like you?"

"No need. Smile if you feel like it. And be sad if you do feel sad. It's up to you whether to hide what you feel with your smile or just express them openly." She answered.
"Besides, Asano-kun's looks just kinda remind me of a certain someone, let's say a friend of mine."

"Eh?! Really?" Asano exclaimed.

"Asano." Fu said covering his mouth.

"Yes, you know, I also have friends. And you, Asano-kun, looked like one of them. If the both of you were to stand side-by-side together, you can be mistaken as brothers." Aiko replied with a slight chuckle.

"That's amazing. So it's like I have a lost brother even though I don't."