Chapter 30: Quidditch Brawl

Începe de la început

"And his pathetic loser of a father too!" Draco sneered. Amora's head whipped around as Cedric released her back onto the ground. She saw three Gryffindors struggling to hold Fred back as Harry held George back. Amora narrowed her eyes, absolutely pissed with her younger cousin. They lost, but he couldn't accept it, and now he was just being ignorant. She balled up her fist as she marched over to Draco.

"But then, you like the Weasleys, don't you? How can you stand the stink? I guess it reminds you of your own dear mother!" Draco chortled. Before she knew it, her and Harry's fists were both colliding with Draco's face at the same time, with a sickening crunch.

"Amora! Stop!" Cedric shouted as she, Harry, and George wailed on him. Before she could throw another punch, she felt muscular but steady arms lift her up from the ground.

"Cedric! Put me down!" Amora yelled as she began hitting his arm. Instead, he tossed her over his shoulder and walked her off the pitch. The last thing she saw was McGonagall rushing over and sending a spell that had Harry and George sent flying away from Draco.

"What the hell, Cedric?" Amora shouted, once he set her down in the Slytherin locker room. It was empty, with nothing but lockers full of their Quidditch equipment.

"No, what the hell, Amora? Beating up Draco? What has gotten into you?" Cedric said, but he wasn't yelling. Amora wanted him to yell, but somehow he remained calm. She wanted him to shout or do something, but he simply stood there, disappointed. That's what hurt.

"He deserved it," Amora scoffed.

"But do you know how it looks? I mean it's bad enough you're a LeStrange, but..." Cedric said, his voice trailing off. His eyes widened when he realized the mistake he made.

"What do you mean, bad enough I'm a LeStrange?" Amora said, quietly but her voice was quavering with rage.

"Amora, I didn't mean it like that," Cedric started, regret filling his tone.

"No, I think you did," Amora said before standing up. She tossed her broom into her locker and left the locker room, feeling more hurt than Draco probably was.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

The news of the Quidditch brawl spread around the school like wildfire, and soon Amora was receiving numerous questions from peers she didn't even know about the fight. Feeling overwhelmed as it wears, Amora settled on hiding in the library was the best way to escape the questions. However, as she watched the flurries of snow outside the window from a cozy corner in the library, she wasn't quite sure if she was hiding from the gossip, or Cedric.

She was settled on a small sofa with a table and a replicate sofa on the other side. The fireplace crackled behind her with life as it's warmth spread around the library.

What she didn't expect was a very familiar and unwelcome Ravenclaw to sit across from her.

"Hello, Amora," he greeted, taking a seat from across of her.

"What do you want, Roger?" Amora sighed, annoyed. She wanted to appear annoyed, uninterested, but inside her heart was hammering as painful memories came back, ones she had been trying to forget.

"Now is that a way to greet me?" Roger asked, smirking.

"You should leave now if you know what's good for you," Amora snapped, her hand flying to her wand.

"Ooh, feisty. I miss that," Roger chuckled, leaning across the table until he was much too close for Amora's taste.

"You're pathetic," she muttered, lowering her head. Fear crept up on her insides and her breath quickened as she tried her best to not run away as fast as she could.

"Anyways, we have many more important things to discuss," Roger sighed, leaning back.

"I have nothing to discuss with the likes of you," Amora spat as she stood up, beginning to walk away.

"Not even your dear Bellatrix?"

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

Amora had never been in the Ravenclaw Common Room. Even though she despised the person who let her in, she did find it quite beautiful. The dark blue walls had small white dots on it, forming a night sky in the room as dramatic navy curtains let the moonlight in. Her and Roger settled on opposite sides of the Common Room, each in their own dark blue chair.

"I don't want to talk to her," Amora told him, and Roger rolled his eyes.

"The Dark Lord requests it," Roger snapped as he pointed his wand at the fireplace. A plume of fire burst from the tip and the fireplace roared to life. Amora's eyes darted around the Common Room, nervous that someone would walk in, but Roger had assured her that all of the Ravenclaws were at the Great Hall for dinner.

"I don't give a damn about what your Dark Lord wants," Amora snapped.

"Awww, you're going to break your mummy's heart," a high pitch voice mocked. Amora's head snapped to the fireplace and once again, her mother's face emerged from the flames.

"I don't have much time so I'll make it fast. Amora, your time has come to fulfill the Black family legacy. Tyler is much too young, Aaron is much too weak, but you are the perfect candidate," Bellatrix explained.

"Candidate? For what?" Amora asked, puzzled.

"Being a Death Eater of course," Bellatrix stated, all matter-of-factly.

Amora doused the fire with water, cutting her mother off. Roger leapt to his feet, outraged.

"What the hell was that?" Roger yelled.

"I'm not being a Death Eater! No bloody way!" Amora shouted. She threw open the Ravenclaw doors and left as fast as she could, head spinning.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

Cedric was walking back from dinner, nervous about Amora's whereabouts. He had been cursing at himself all day for being so daft, but he still couldn't think of a good enough apology. As he passed by the Ravenclaw Common Room, he heard a familiar voice inside.

'I'm not becoming a Death Eater! No bloody way!" Amora's voice shouted. He then hid behind a corner and watched Amora leave, clearly upset.

What really bothered Cedric was that Roger Davies watched her leave.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

A/N: HOLY HECK. 7K READS! AHHHH! If you're reading this, just pretend I'm giving you a big hug right now...Because i am! Thank you all so much for your support, it means the world!