"Oh not you two as well!" Alcyone chuckled as she turned around to see Sirius smiling there

Over the summer Sirius had threatened to run away from Grimmauld place, he was now more or less on the verge of being disowned. Alcyone didn't know if she was really meant to be speaking to him because she was closer to Reggie and she saw how upset he was over the holidays — she had never seen Regulus cry like he had after the arguments between the family, she felt awful and he stayed with the Montague's for a few days.

"Sirius! I assume you mean the prefect badges?" Toby said with a smile patting Sirius on the back

"Of course! I hope this means you can turn an eye as a favour to a friend and an almost husband in your case Al?" He asked with a wink

"You wish Siri," she smiled shaking her head

"First Rem, now you two! Bloody hell Sirius, we'll have half the prefects on our side!" James Potter teased

Alcyone shook her head and entered hers and Toby's compartment. The two played a game of exploding snap when Regulus knocked their compartment and sat next to Alcyone.

"Heard you spoke to the blood-traitor," he spat

Alcyone rolled her eyes, she felt extremely conflicted just because she loved Regulus but she couldn't help but think that Sirius had always been nice to her despite how much he hated the pureblood rubbish. She ran a hand through her hair and just frowned at Reggie.

"Mate, don't talk like that. We're not prejudiced," Toby said and regulus just rolled his eyes

"Yeah, Reggie. I know you were upset but I think that you should at least try to understand why Sirius didn't stay there over the summer," she said moving a strand of his hair out of his face

Regulus huffed and rolled his eyes as he was dealt into a game of exploding snap. He didn't continue the discussion as he didn't want to upset Alcyone by saying something that he might regret later.

***

Alcyone hated school, it was a given considering Professor Dumbledore offered her no help and it was only Professor McGonagall that was willing to help her.

She was failing, the only classes she was fairly good at was Arithmancy — which her brother taught — and Astronomy — which Caspian tutored her in. However, she did excel at Charms, other than these three subjects she'd be amazed if she got any OWLs.

Alcyone was in the library trying to work out how on earth she was meant to produce a jelly-legs jinx with her wand as she had an essay on it and she needed to complete it before she had prefect duty. She was frustrated because she always managed to understand the theory but she could just never do the spells in practice. It was something that not even Atlas had an answer for.

She pushed her work to the side and got out a spare piece of parchment to write to Atlas for some answers.

To Atlas.

I'm writing to you because you're the one that will be able to help me the most. I'm really struggling with the practical aspect of my school work. How did you manage to go subjects like Defence when you're better without a wand?