Drew nodded and took off his shirt. I blushed and looked down as I grabbed his shirt from him. I looked up briefly and saw a slight pink tinge on his cheeks. I turned and began looking through the cabinets above the washer for some detergent.

"So when did you learn to remove stains super easily?"

"Well my dad wasn't always around to do laundry since he worked late and my mom did too. So I learned a lot of household chores and stuff. Cleaning, laundry, cooking, stuff like that." I purposely left out that my mom left me. He didn't need to know. No one did.

"Oh, guess that sucked. Did you take advantage by inviting friends over?" I laughed and looked at him with a smirk. He was smiling too. I went back to the stain on his shirt

"I used to yeah. Then we moved more frequently and gave up on friends. Every time I would get close with someone, we moved."

"Dang. Sorry bout that." He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, and I shook my head.

"You don't have to apologize for stuff that isn't your fault. It's not like you could have done anything to keep me from moving."

"Yeah, I still feel bad though. Moving on to a happier topic, are you excited to attend Silver Springs High?" I chuckled and shrugged.

"Not sure. I always hated school, but who knows at this point. My dad says it is a good school and that I'll like it. Guess I will learn tomorrow, right?"

"Of course. Why do you hate school so much?"

"I don't know. Teachers are annoying, homework sucks, and some of the students are assholes which doesn't help."

"All good reasons. Not going to lie, our teachers aren't the greatest, but they aren't completely horrible. Homework isn't crazy depending on what classes you take." I nodded, happy he was honest about the teachers.

"Let's say I'm in all honors with two AP classes. How much homework?"

"Well, I only have one AP class, but it shouldn't be crazy. That's not to say you won't have late nights or stressful nights. Those will factor into your life, but it won't be unbearable."

"That's good. Also, here's your new and improved shirt." I held up his shirt smirking.

"Dang, that was fast. You will have to teach me how to do that sometime." I chuckled. "You think I could get your number?"

"Sure." I handed him my phone to put in his number. He handed me his and I plugged my number into his contacts. We gave each other back our phones and I looked at his contact before shutting off my phone.

"It was great meeting you, Cassie. Also, I feel bad for running into you. Could I buy you a new drink?"

"No, it was my fault. You don't owe me anything. But I will see you tomorrow. I'd like to promise nothing will happen to your clothes, but knowing me, something could always happen." Drew laughed and shoved his phone in his pocket.

"Well, I should probably leave then. I'll see you for the tour." I nodded and we left the laundromat in different directions.

~~~

I woke up to the sound of my alarm blaring in my ear. I slammed my hand down on the clock and sat up while rubbing my eyes. I blinked a few times to adjust to the light and ran a hand through my knotted hair. I slid out of my bed and plopped on my floor before standing.

I looked around my room and then walked downstairs. I grabbed a cup and filled it to the top with water and took a large gulp. That's when I saw the sticky note on the microwave. I looked at it and saw it was from my dad.