CHAPTER 33 - ❝it is just a chance I have to take❞

Start from the beginning

“You’re not in any position to make any demands here, dear Scarlett.” I could see that his patience was slowly but surely starting to wear thin, and it won’t take long before he takes matters into his own hands. Knowing him, he would go to the mansion right now and kill every single one in sight, including the Castiglione brother’s father.

“But how do I know you’re not lying to me and that you just want me to think that you have my brother so I can do your bidding?”

He licks his lips, watching me through his thick eyelashes. I would’ve been jealous of them if I didn’t hate him so much. “I guess you’ll never know, unless you do the job you agreed on doing.”

“I didn’t agree on anything!” I yell. “You are forcing me. Blackmailing me!”

“Fine.” Vincent releases a sharp breath. “If you want proof that your brother’s alive, come to the White Pistol’s mansion tonight. It’s the only time my dad isn’t around.”

I frown at him. It is never this easy to get something you want. Something like this usually came with a price. “You’re just going to show me, just like that? What’s the condition?”

Vincent chuckles, inspecting his fingernails before he looks at me again. “No condition. I just really want the brothers dead so if I have to show you that your brother is alive for you to do so, then so be it. Come to the mansion, tonight, and if you don’t, the window closes forever.”

“B-but I don’t know where it is.”

“You’re a clever girl. I’m sure you will figure it out.” Vincent says before glancing out of the driver window. “Now get out before your boyfriend suspects you for cheating.”

I see Giovanni’s SUV pull up into the parking lot and I quickly get out of Vincent’s car.

I make my way to the SUV and see how Vincent drives around Giovanni’s SUV, making it difficult for Giovanni to see who it was.

Once I was in the SUV, throwing my school bag on the backseat, I turn to face the front.

I feel Giovanni’s gaze on me the entire time.

“Who was that?” He asks, more curious than angry.

“Just someone who asked if I wanted a lift, that’s all.” I lie to him. “I told them that you were coming so it wasn’t necessary for a lift.”

I felt bad for lying to him the way I did, but it was necessary.

“Oh, okay. I’m sorry I’m late though. I wanted to grab these babies before picking you up from school. You must be sick of cafeteria food.” He places a box of donuts in my lap before he starts the SUV, driving out of the parking lot.

“Wow thank you… but is this some way for you to get me to kiss you?”

“Of course not.” Giovanni says. “If you want to be stubborn, I can be too.”

I shake my head at him and open the donut box before taking one out and taking a bite from it, but as I was chewing, I felt sick when I remembered what I had to do tonight; I have to go to the White Pistols’ mansion in order for me to see if my brother was alive this entire time or not.

“Something wrong?” Giovanni asks me. He must’ve noticed something was wrong. Hell, he always does. Nothing goes unnoticed with him.

“No, nothing’s wrong at all. I just realised that I’m not really that hungry.”

“If you don’t want it, you can always give it to me?” He suggests but knowing him and how stubborn he is, I prop the donut into my mouth.

“Really?” He laughs. “You’re so unbelievable these days.” He shakes his head at my foolishness.