75- Secrets and Accidents

You: *chasing after Charli and hopping in her car*
“Char! What is going on? What happened?”

You: *chasing after Charli and hopping in her car*“Char! What is going on? What happened?”

Charli: “Wha- Ja- What was Jaden doing here?”

You: “I’m sorry. I didn’t think you’d be bothered… You haven’t really talked to him since college.”

Charli: “The last time I talked to him was the party after you and Josh got married.”

You: “I know he was a year above us, but you guys were so close. How did you just stop talking?”

Charli: “I guess after I moved in with Chase it just- and then the more pregnant I got… it just became too weird. Having some friend with a baby around would have just cramped his rockstar vibe.”

You: “Charli, that’s not fair. Jaden was so in love with you he would have loved every part of you… even your son.”

Charli: “Yeah well we all make mistakes.”

You: “Is that what happened with Chase? One of you made a mistake? Oh my God… did one of you cheat?”

Charli: “No! Nothing like that. 

You: “Is it because he wants to have more children? I don’t understand why you wouldn’t consider it. You adore Zay.”

Charli: “It was more than that. Besides, Josh was able to accept not having a baby was your choice.”

You: “Speaking of-”

Charli: *continuing*
 “It’s not so much the fight about having another baby. He said something that I just don’t know how to forgive.”

You: “What did he say? Do you need me to talk to him?”

Charli: “No!! It was nothing, really. We were just arguing about Jaden because he saw I had a photo of him still saved on my laptop and he threw in my face something that we promised to always keep just between us.”

You: “Jaden? Why would you be fighting over Jaden after all these years.”

Charli started to shake as she blurted out what Chase had said to her. She tried to wipe the tears pouring from her eyes. When she looked up she gasped as the car ahead came to a stop. You gasped as she slammed on the brakes but it was too late and you slammed into the rear of the car.

*JOSH’S POV*

He was starting to get nervous about what was taking her so long. She’d left the party 20 mins ago and the last 2 calls had just gone straight to voicemail. Suddenly there was a knock at the door. When Josh swung it open expecting it to be his wife who’d forgotten her key, he froze in shock to see 2 police officers standing there. Chase ran over as he heard the officer detail the accident and which hospital they’d been transported to. He grabbed his keys:
“Dixie, Zay is asleep in the other room… can you keep an eye out for him?”

 He grabbed his keys:“Dixie, Zay is asleep in the other room… can you keep an eye out for him?”

Jaden: “Hey, maybe I should-”

Chase: *getting angry*
“You have a lot of nerve. She’s MY wife and I’m going!”

Jaden: “I wasn’t trying- Look. I was offering to drive you two because you’ve both been drinking.”

Josh tossed him the keys and thanked him. They headed out as Olivia started to wind down the party.

*END JOSH’S POV*