Chapter Six--Until You Wake Up, I Will Stay

"Where is he?" asked Mrs. Carmina Tan upon arrival, voice full of concern and panic.

"In there."  Gavin answered, pointing to the Emergency Room behind him.  "I'm sorry.  It was my fault.  I shouldn't have--I should have...it was all my fault." he muttered, crying, shaking, fearing for Charles's life.

Carmina and Hugo held Gavin.  Trying to calm him eventhough, they themselves are in need of emotional support.  But right now, Gavin barely resembles the man he came to be, but the boy from long ago.  Scared.  

"He's gonna be fine, Gavin.  Everything's going to be alright.  It's not your fault.  It's not anyone's fault."  Hugo said, assuring Gavin.  But they are Charles's parents.  They couldn't help but fear for their child's life.  Even if they hide it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charles could see it clearly now.  The picture made whole by every pieces of the puzzle.  And that picture is the captured image of his happiness right now.  As he quietly and secretly lingers on the bed, looking at Gavin's sleeping aura--peaceful and beautiful, like a blessing.  His happiness is now.  Far from his blurry past but now.  His happiness is here.  Currently sleeping.  He realized, it doesn't matter if he'll never know Gavin's whole story.  What matters is that, he's here.  And he is Gavin De Guzman.  His housemate, his love.

Gavin awoke, seeing Charles's innocent face smiling down at him.

"What?" he asked, voice a bit groggy from sleep.

"Can we remain here forever?"  Charles asked thoughtfully and somewhat dreamily.

Gavin smiled.  "If that's what you want, then I'll stay here with you."

Charles smiled with Gavin's reply.

"But we can't.  We have to go to the mall." he said, standing up.

"Why?" 

"I still haven't told the doctor that I broke up with him." he answered sheepishly.  Ashamed at himself.

"What's that gotta do with going to the mall?"

"We need to buy suits.  Y'know, gala-worthy suit."

"Wait, is that tonight?  And you plan to tell him on his birthday?  Wow.  What a nice present for him.  I'm sure he'll be filled with joy."  Gavin commented, teasing Charles.

"Well, if I can't tell him tonight, when?"

Catching the tone of panic in Charles's voice, Gavin got out of bed and embraced Charles.  "Fine.  I'll be there with you."  

"You have to understand.  We're not exactly invited."

"Even more interesting.  We get to crash a party."

Charles smiled at Gavin's feign enthusiasm.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The glimmer of the mansion's house ignited the aura of elegance and class of the people in it.  Gowns of colors black and gold intermingled when seen from above; while the black and white tuxedos of men humbled the atmosphere of elitism.  Mindless chatters of 'important' consequence filled the gaps of the little society.  Raised eyebrows, fake laughter and smiles, high standards...Charles and Gavin looked at each other, smiling at the joke that is in front of them, yards away from the mansion's huge gate.