Chapter 8 Part 2

Miguel and I were both at home when we heard and knock on our door. We open the door to see Sensei standing there. "Hey, Sensei was going on," I said. "Come on guys let's go for a ride," he said. we look at that each other with his hesitation before we just shrugged It off. We walked out of the house and shut the door behind us. We ended up all driving to a burger joint that Sensei liked. We were in the middle of enjoying our food when Sensei asked a question. "Good huh" We both nodded and said "Yeah". "The secret is the chopped onions, sal keeps it simple none of that veggie crap just a hot grill and some quality Chuck" we both kept quiet and continued eating our food. Sensei kept looking out of the double doors and across the street. "You see the hospital all over there," he asked. "You mean the one across the street," I said. "Yeah that's where Robby was born, February 4th, 2002 it was a Monday his mom was in labor for 17 hours". "It must have been crazy," Miguel said. "Yeah I'm sure it was, I wasn't there," he said. It was an awkward silence in the air before he spoke up again. "My mom had just died I was a real mess I never knew my father so she was all I had next thing I know I'm going to be a dad," he said smiling a bit. "Scared the shit out of me, so instead of being up there welcoming him into the world I was down here soaking up the booze from a 3-day Bender trying to get the courage to walk across the street, and I never got there" he said sadly. "I failed my kid on his very first day in this world and I've been failing him everyday since" sensei said chocking on his tears abit. "Sensei this is personal stuff you don't have to tell us" Miguel said. "No I should have told you guys a long time ago, and it's one of the most painful things in my life but one of the best things has been teaching you two" he said "And I want you guys to know no matter what happens I promise I'll always be on your side and I'll always have your best interests at heart" he said.  "Thank you" he said. Suddenly me and Miguel's phones went off. I looked at my phone to see a text from Aisha. "It's Aisha she heard that miyagi though is doing some sort of demo at the valley fest" Miguel said. I could see the gears running in sensei plan before he smiled. "Oh they are huh".

Time-skip-------------------------------------------

It was dark out and the whole entire dojo was at valley fest in their Cobra Kai gi. I knew doing this was probably going to piss off Robby and the LaRusso, but I couldn't just let them slide with them dissing us. We waiting until they were in the middle of doing their demo. But right as they were about to do the finale Krease cut on the music interrupting them. "COBRA KAI?!!" Miguel and I shouted. Everybody been studying marching towards the other stage while shouting Cobra Kai. Krease cut on the rock music which drew the attention from Miyagi-do karate. We marched on stage and started showing off some of our karate moves. "Cobra's show them what real karate looks like" sensei said. We then broke off into twos. My opponent was a tad bit bigger than me but it didn't matter. He attacked me first with a high kick which I easily Dodge. He tried to punch me but I blocked it and brought my elbow back hitting him right in the forehead. he stumbled for a bit and I took the opportunity to sweep his leg from underneath him finishing the match. Miguel did 2 on 1 which he easily took them down. Aisha then broke boards in half with a blindfold on. Hawk grabbed and pulled Dimitri upon the stage making him hold aboard. He ran at me and I let him use me as momentum to get into the air. He did 360s while in the air before coming down and breaking the board in half leaving Dimitri in amazement. Everybody then grabbed some Cobra Kai merch and threw it out until the crowd for people to catch. The finale was Sensei stepping up to 5 slab pieces of stone. "Cobras light It up" he ordered. I walked up and put some lighter fluid on the stones while another guy lit it up with a blowtorch. The crowd was dead silent in anticipation before sensei brought his fish down crushing all the stone to pieces. We walked up behind him and smiled at what did leaving the crowd to chant our names. "You did it sensei," Miguel said to him. "No we did it," he said.

Time-skip-------------------------------------------

Miguel and I were now back at home getting ready for bed. I was thinking about how Sensei had told his story. I looked at Miguel as he was about to hop underneath the covers. "Hey, man can I tell you something," I ask. "Sure what is it," he said sitting up. "So you know how sensei told us about what happened between him and Robby today". "Yeah what about it". "Well technically you're the only one finding out about him and Robby," I said softly. He hopped straight over to me almost falling. "Wait you knew how did you already know before us". "When I lived with my dad Robby was one of my closest friends and he still is," I said. I looked him in eyes to see he was angry and betrayed. "So that is why you were so quiet today," he asked. "yeah". "Why couldn't have you told me the truth I'm your brother for crying out loud" "How was I supposed to, you and Robby are like the next generation of Sensei and Mr. LaRusso you two were always at each other's throats," I said standing up from my bed. "How did you guys meet," he asked. I sighed and sat back down on my bed. "When I lived with him my dickhead of a dad I met him when were kids and we became best friends". "Do you still talk to him"? "Yes". "when". "when I lift the house the other night," I said. "look I'm sorry for keeping this from you but there's any anything for me to make it up I would," I said. "anything," he said looking at me "anything," I said. "I will literally do any-" I was cut off by Miguel's fist driving into the right side of my cheek. I hit the ground with a thud while he shook his hand.

I got up off the ground to where I was face to face with my brother. He looked at me not with fear or regret but with hate. It was as if he was saying try me. He had a stern look on his face "Do it, again" I said. He looked at me with a puzzled look. "Your still angry right don't shove it down you let out," I said. "Wh- I- I'm not going to hit you," he said in an angry voice. "What's the matter Miggy, you scared you're not angry enough," I said in a mocking tone. "no it's not that-" "I betrayed your trust, I'm friends with the guy that broke you and Sam up and plus I still talk to him," I said before pushing him. He was shaking with anger. "Come on Miguel hit me or maybe I could call Sam and see if my charm works on her just as yours," I said smiling. I felt another fist across my face making me hit the floor with a groan. I felt Miguel climb on top of me and start punching me over and over until he was out of breath. I now had a busted lip and a bloody nose. Thank god for my hard head. He got off of me and stuck out his hand for me to grab. I wiped the blood from my mouth and took his hand. "Why did you make me do that," he said remorsefully "Because I know what it's like to have all that anger pent up. It will consume you if you don't let it out, I don't want you to have to go through the same thing" I said. I put my hand on his shoulder before laughing. "What's so funny" "I'm going to tell everybody how you beat me up a guy with a fractured arm," I said laughing. He had a confused face before he started laughing. When the laughter was over I walked up to him and gave him a hug. "I love Miguel no matter what," I said. We broke the hug and I smiled. "Now go to bed and I'm going to go get an ice pack," I said. "What will you do if mom asks what happened," he said. "Well, I'm just going to say you did it," I said before running out of the room. "Snitch!!" he yelled out.

Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays hope you guys stay safe.