"J I'm losing it," she whispered as she sat down next to him. The boy, without glancing at her even once, offered the bottle.

Estrella took a swig before passing it back to him. The silence between them pulsated through the summer night. The muffled voices from the party outside only added to the feeling of solitude.

"The madness of love is the greatest of heaven's blessings." His words were spoken with deliberate thought, dragging each word with serious thought.

"Aristotle?" she questioned. Jack shook his head, "Plato."

"I'm not in love J." "But it's the matter of the heart."

For a few seconds Estrella was stunned. Wasn't it always a matter of the heart, Estrella mused. Whether it be her parents, self-love or a stupid crush.

It was always the matter of the heart. Fuck the heart.

In silence, they watched the scene outside. They watched the crazy teenagers that seemed lost in the music and the alcohol. They watched as Adrianna humiliated a freshman with her gang of wannabes. They watched as Michael played beer pong with his team mates. They watched as Achilles stayed in one corner of the party, watching everyone around him.

"Wanna join me outside J" she asked, her eyes filled with hope. But his response was as expected, a quick no followed with good luck. Estrella gave him a small smile, pressing her lips to his cheek for a quick goodbye.

Estrella walked back down and outside to the garden where everyone had gathered. Not feeling like sucking up to other kids, she decided to confront Achilles once again.

She had hoped their conversation out in the courtyard had made him understand her a little more. She had hoped his hate for them may have simmered down.

As if sensing her presence, Achilles' head shot up in her direction and he watched her walk towards him. But just a couple feet away, Estrella felt herself being dragged back.

She turned around instantly, disappointment overwhelming her senses.

"Estrella I'm bored babe, a game of truth and dare?" It was Adrianna with her blindingly sparkling dress and a pout on her face.

Just as Estrella opened her mouth to refuse, Adrianna had already moved on to her next target.

Achilles.

"Achilles, why don't you join us? Have a little fun? Get to know each other?" Her sultry tone and instant raise of the hip were clear indications of what Adrianna was actually trying to do.

Estrella scoffed, hoping that Achilles would refuse. But to her horror, he nodded and let Adrianna drag him away.

She rolled her eyes as she followed them inside the house. The large living room had mostly been cleared and many of their classmates sat around on the sofa.

Estrella perched herself on Michael's armchair, letting her arm curl around his neck. She stole the glass of whiskey that rested on his palm, shooting it back to feel the familiar burn.

Across from them, Adrianna took a seat on the couch next to Achilles. Her hand casually resting on his thigh, Adrianna looked straight at Estrella.

"Oh Es, love the dress. Is it the last season Saint Laurant?" her eyes sparkled. Estrella's deep red lips pulled into smirk as she took another sip of Michael's whiskey.

"You mean this unreleased Thierry Mugler dress? Oh A, aren't you going into design?" her words were equally venomous, if not more. Adrianna didn't have much to say, as the girls around Estrella fawned over her dress.