A few swollen & black eyes fell on me as I walked into the auditorium-sighing a little. "I know."

"Is there an excuse?"

"Not for you."

Her eyes rolling a little as she put her attention back on the women, glancing in Yalla's direction. "Would you like to start the ladies off?"

I took a seat beside her, my mama cutting her eyes at me slickly.

"Sure uhm-if you're new to the group just give us your name or nickname, two things about yourself, and something you plan to learn with this program. And the rest of us will follow that up with a 'welcome'."

"We'll start with you, what's your name love?" she questioned, my focus going in the direction.

- eyes landing on Mooney as she glanced at me.

' dEriCk WoULd nEvEr pUt HiS HAndS oN ME '

know she can't trust these niggas😒.

She shifted a little, clearing her throat shortly after. "I'm Mooney, ... I don't really know what to sa-

"You don't have to, just tell us something you wanna learn while doing this program."

"How to... make people respect me and my body."

"Okay good! Are there any other new members today?"

"No" I answered, scanning the circle of women & chairs.

"I was talking to Yalla."

~

"Guan-yin Chen also known as Lara- a local owner of China's Kitchen located in Fuller Park-was the victim of a fatal hit and run this morning as she was opening up. Chen was rushed to the hospital and later succumbed to injuries around 12 pm today. & Tom to remind you this was the exact same parking lot of an earlier incident where two males ran over 20 year old Jae Hendricks, but police say the injuries of Guan-Yin suggest a SUV may have been the kind of vehicle that hit Mrs Cheng."

"That is so sad" auntie sighed, my grandmother nodding in response as we sat in the living room. "Didn't she have a lot of kids?"

"Yeah, I think Bermaj went to school with her oldest daughter."

A little uneasy, kinda panicky feeling falling over me as I moved my fork around the curry chicken & white rice in my plate.

It's not my fault...

"I heard she had just beat cancer too. Ain't that something!"

"She was a damn bitch anyways." Grandpa mumbled, turning the TV channel - my grandma's hand going up against his shoulder. "What? It's the truth! Don't be mad at me because she tried to cheat death & it came back and ran her ass over!"

"Bermaj..."

My heartbeat quickening as I looked over at my aunt. "Hm?"

"You seen Fiyzo?"

"I got dropped off here this morning & he wasn't here so..."