"Malfoy." He mocks.

        I roll my eyes as I take a seat next to him at the Slytherin table.

                         "I need help with something." I mutter.

        In my peripheral vision I see him raise an eyebrow. "You what?"

                         "I need help planning a date...for Lex."

         The only reason I'm coming to Blaise is because I know he'll actually help. Past all of the jokes and smirks he's a romantic.

               "Planning a date, yeah?" He chuckles. "Any particular reason?"

           I shake my head and he continues to think while playing with his food.

                        "How about a picnic in the garden?"

          He waits for me to reply but I get caught up in imagining it inside my head.

                             "Do you think she'd like that?" I ask.

          "She'll love anything as long as it shows you put some effort in." Blaise mumbles.

        I look up at the nearest clock and see that I've only got a few more hours until eight. I should've told her a later time.

          "Okay." I get up from the bench and start speed walking towards the great hall doors.

                              "You're welcome!" Blaise shouts.

Alexis' POV

             Just as I put the last clip in my hair I hear a knock at the door. Draco lets himself though, like always.

             "Are you ready?" He asks while shutting the door.

            I get up and look at myself in the mirror, making sure everything looks alright. For some reason I feel butterflies forming in my stomach, like it's our first date.

                              "Wow

                              "Wow." Draco says softly.

        I look at his reflection in the mirror behind me and smile. His eyes trace my body a few times before we make contact.

                "So what do you want to do?" I turn around and look up at him.

          He puts his hands on each side of my waist. "I was thinking we could go to Hogsmeade? Maybe grab drinks?"

         I nod and lay a kiss on his cheek before grabbing my coat. When I reach the door I notice Draco still staring at me from the other side of the room.

                         "You coming?"

        He laughs to himself, then joins me on the stairs.

          We both stay pretty quiet while walking to the front of the school but I don't mind it at all. The only sound is our shoes clacking on the stone floor and Draco's delicate humming.

         But as soon as we reach the garden, everything goes silent. Draco's feet stop moving and mine do as well.

                         I look up at him confused. "Is something wrong?"

        He ignores my question and grabs my hand, dragging me to the middle of the area. Suddenly I start to see a soft glow coming from the ground.

             The second we reach it I feel my eyes grow big and my heart stops.

         In the middle of the garden lays a large black blanket with a dozen candles surrounding the edge. In the center is multiple white and grey pillows; Sitting on top of one is a basket.

          I let go of Draco's hand and move closer, taking a seat in the middle. When I glance over at the basket I see two glasses with a bottle and different assortments of snacks.

        My eyes move from the basket up to Draco. I expect to see him looking back at me but I notice him checking everything, making sure it looks right.

                                              "Draco."

        He snaps back to reality and looks down at me nervously. I tilt my head slightly signalling for him to join me. He doesn't hesitate to jump over the candles and sit.

                  "Did you really do all of this?" I ask quietly.

        His hand reaches into the basket and pulls out the bottle of champagne. "It's not exactly what I had in mind but I didn't have a lot of time..."

         I take the bottle from him. "What do you mean it's not what you had in mind? It's perfect."

                                His eyes start to glow. "You think?"

       My lips press into his gently and I feel him smiling. When we disconnect, he takes the bottle back from me and pops the lid off. The champagne starts to spill out and he instantly turns it my way, making a mess.

                                "Really?!" I shout.

           He laughs out loud while I struggle to wipe myself off.

                            "You're going to pay for that." I mutter.

         He looks at me confused and waits for me to repeat myself, but I snatch the champagne from his grasp and dump everything left inside all over him.

                          "What the fuck!" He snaps.

          I start laughing but stop when I see his hands moving in my direction. I stand up and hop over the candles in hopes of escaping but he follows.

            It doesn't take him longer than 30 seconds to catch me, and when he does he starts tickling me aggressively. My feet lift up from the floor as he picks me up from behind and spins me around.

          Both covered in champagne we stand in the middle of the garden laughing hysterically. Just as I'm about to make a joke I feel Draco's hands tangle in my hair and he pulls me in for a long, passionate kiss. The butterflies in my stomach multiply.

       Suddenly in the distance, fireworks start to shoot off and I feel them light up the side of my face. As badly as I want to look at them I'm too lost in his embrace.

         I feel him start to pull away and look up. He pulls my hair behind my ear and smiles.

                                     "Happy New Year, Lex."

              Although the holiday is supposed to be filled with resolutions and new starts, I feel my stomach drop when those words come out of his mouth. It doesn't feel like the start of something; this might be the end.