《40》𝐦𝐨𝐦

Start from the beginning

your breathing starts to quicken, and it becomes uneasily hard to inhale. "wait-"

"ms. l/n." kuroo interrupts.

just as you swore you were about to faint on the spot, your mom starts cackling in laughter. she slaps her hand on her thigh and bends downward. in confusion, you glance over to kuroo to find him holding in his laughter.

"I should've been an actress." your mom prattled between breaths.

kuroo rises from his seat and immediately strides to you. he engulfs you in his arms as you stay frozen in your state of shock, being unable to hug him back. a hand snakes behind to the back of your head, bringing you closer to his chest as the other stays in the small of your back.

"oh my god. you were acting," you murmur into kuroo's black hoodie. through the thick fabric of his clothes, you hear him let out a deep and throaty chuckle.

"why would I kick you out of my house?" she smirks. "now tell me, was that not the best acting you've seen in decades?"

"I was gonna faint on the spot." you groan. kuroo's hold on you tightens and he continues to smooth your hair.

"what? were you really? damn, because now you're making me feel bad," she admits.

you punch kuroo in the arm. "you were part of it too?"

he looks down on you. "well, yeah. she told me she wouldn't give me any (favorite breakfast) if I didn't cooperate with her on this. I'm sorry."

"hey, it was your fault for not filling me in on everything you did these past months. you were taking advantage of my night shifts weren't you?" your mom points out.

you frown. "I wasn't trying to take advantage of it like that."

"lucky for you, kuroo filled me in on everything. really, y/n? sneaking out of training camp to go to the grocery store to have fun? then sneaking a boy into your room?" she scoffed.

you take kuroo's arms away from your shoulders and make way to the counter, with him following you. "you're not in trouble just so you know. you could've just been honest with me the whole time. I didn't want a random teenage boy blurting out the things you've done behind my back. I just wanted you to say it."

she brings the food onto the counter. kuroo mutters a quiet 'thank you' as you take a serving spoon and scoop some out onto your plate while kuroo does the same. "I know. I'm sorry."

"chill. I'm not gonna lie, but I did the same stupid shit when I was a teenager." she covers her face with her hands and groggily rubs down on the skin.

you watch kuroo's eyes widen. he nudges you with his elbow. "you're mom is cool." he half-whispers. you laugh.

mom smiles. "that's what a divorce makes you. you best believe I'm the coolest mom out there, kid."

you choke on your food and kuroo immediately gives you his unused glass of water.

"so did you guys do it last night?" she undoubtedly winks at the two of us.

you choke on your food once again, and this time, resulting in coughing and choking mess.

"geez, don't die on me yet, y/n. I want grandkids, but it's too early for that. I'm joking," she teased. "kinda."

"MOM!"

"what?" she laughs. "oh, and never let kuroo cook for you ever again. he burned the scrambled eggs earlier."

you grin and smirk at kuroo who's currently avoiding your gaze. "how does someone burn scrambled eggs?"

"ayo, don't judge. you're the third-year that doesn't know how to do chemistry." he teases.

you kick his shins under the table, making the boy yelp in pain. he shoots knives at you with his glare as you smile sweetly at him.

---

you dragged kuroo to your room once again after you two finished eating and when mom tried to bring the topic of condoms into the conversation. you sit on the edge of your bed while kuroo takes the seat on your desk chair.

"are you okay?" he asks. you lay down on your back, staring at the ceiling. "was i... too rough last night?"

you groan and close your eyes. "I think I need a wheelchair. It hurts to even walk."

"dang, I was only joking when I said I'll take your ability to walk away. I didn't think you'd actually-"

"don't you fucking finish that sentence," you sit back up, interrupting him. he laughs. "did you clean me or something last night?"

his gaze narrows down at you. "yeah, why?"

PFFT DADDY MATERIAL ASF. THE BAR IS SET SO FUCKING LOW😩.

"nothing. it's just that my skin and hair were abnormally soft this morning." you change to lay down on your stomach, with your hands framing your cheeks.

kuroo smiles at you. "I was playing with your hair last night," you scrunch your eyebrows at him. "I tried to detangle it and stuff."

you smile back at him. "it's surprisingly soft. what about my skin?" you ask, amused.

"I cleaned you off with a rag and water last night," he says. "and added a shit load of that good lotion I found on your dresser."

"that was my mom's. I was borrowing it," you beamed. "you know you raise the bar every single time I'm around you. like, it's literally set so low."

"should i be proud of that...?"

you frown at him. "it's supposed to be a compliment." he chuckles in response.

kuroo takes his phone out from the pocket of his sweats and stares at the lock-screen. he glances up at you before saying, "we should change our wallpapers."

you stare at him. "please don't tell me it's that cheesy Lara Jean and Peter k. thing."

"what the fuck? no, it's not," he stands up and sits next to you on the bed. "is it bad wanting to take a picture with my very pretty girlfriend? i'll post it on my Instagram too." he pinches your cheek.

"fine. what kind of picture? and let me change, I look ugly in these sweats."

kuroo grabs your hand and pulls you up. he drags you across your floor to where your mirror is placed. "nah, you're beautiful just like that," he declared. kuroo gives you his phone with the camera app already open and brings both of your hoods up. he wraps his arms around your shoulders and nuzzles into your head. he puts his lips by your ear and says, "because knowing I fucked you the night before just turns me on even more." and you click the button.

kuroo takes his phone away from your grasp and analyzes the picture before him. he grabs your hand once again and brings you to sit down on the edge of the bed. "look at you. all flustered in this picture. it's cute."

"s-shut up."

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
tysm for 100k reads, ily all so much :'(

i hope you have a great Christmas and a happy holidays :) take care of yourself today and tomorrow, and spend time with ur loved ones

(psst pls go read my new bakuhoe chatfic)
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝