Chapter 13

Victoria's POV

I can feel my eyes filling with tears while I just stare at Charlie. His voice is beautiful but did he have to choose this song? Out of all the songs that there are he had to choose this one? I can't do this. "I'm sorry, I'll be right back" I mumble before I pretty much run to the back of the club into my current bedroom. I sit down on the floor in front of the couch and just cry my eyes out.

"V, you have to end this relationship. It's toxic. The way he's treating you, it's not ok!" I know Jenny is right but she also has no idea what she's talking about. Max loves me, I know he does. "He loves me" is all I can reply through the tears streaming down my face. "If that's his definition of love then he seriously needs help" I shake my head. I can't stop shaking it. I need this to stop. This is too much. He loves me. Jenny is wrong. Yes, we got into a fight this afternoon because I wanted to go to the movies with Jenny tonight while his friends come over but he wanted me to be there to make their dinner. When I refused he kicked me out. I haven't had a night out with Jenny ever since Max and I moved in together. Maybe he was just not prepared because I was always there when he needed me. He already sent me a text telling me to come back, that he didn't mean to kick me out. Jenny won't let me leave though.

After he kicked me out I didn't know where to go other than to Jenny's. Now I'm not sure if it was the right thing to do. "V, listen to me. I love you and I'm telling you, he doesn't. He's using you. When was the last time he did something nice for you? Or even made you a compliment?" I think about it but I just can't remember. "I don't know who I am without him J" Jenny's eyes look at me softly. She pulls me into a big hug. "You are my best friend and an amazing person who has her whole life right in front of her. You have to live it to its fullest. Don't settle for a guy who treats you like shit." She pulls out her phone. "Here. Whenever you're feeling down and like everything gets too much just listen to this." She plays 'A Little Too Much' by Shawn Mendes.

"Victoria?" Charlie's voice snaps me out of the memory. I don't want him to see me like that but before I can get up to lock the door he's already inside. When he sees me on the ground, sobbing, probably looking like an absolute mess I can almost feel the worry he's feeling. "Victoria, what's wrong?" He drops to his knees in front of me. I can tell he isn't sure how to handle this situation. I can't bring myself to speak so I just look into his eyes. He seems to understand. He reaches his hands over to my face a catches a tear with his thumb. The second his hand touches my cheek I close my eyes. I can feel myself calm down. He must feel it too because he doesn't move an inch. When I open my eyes again I find him staring at me. I feel much calmer but the pain of the memory is still there. He wants to take away his hand but I put mine on top of it. He smiles gently and takes away his hand. Within a second he is by my side and pulls me into a hug.

I immediately relax and curl into his arms. I don't know for how long we sit like that. "Victoria? Charlie? Are you alright?" Valerie! Omg I completely forgot about her. We both jump up right before she enters the room. She can see I cried. She comes over to me and gives me a motherly hug. It's nice, especially since my mum hasn't hugged me, or cared about how I'm feeling, since forever. "I'm ok. Sorry." I turn to Charlie. "So, how many girls did cry because you before, huh?" The tenseness of the situation seems to disappear and I crack a small smile. I'm used to pretending I'm ok and even though I know neither one of them expected me to be right now I just have to be. I don't have the energy to explain what happened to either one of them right now. He just laughs and rubs his neck - can he please stop doing that because it's waking up the butterflies every single time.

"So Victoria, what do you think? Should we give him the job?" Oh right, the whole starting point for this was the fact that he wants to save the day and be the opening act for my club. "Mhm..." I pretend to struggle with myself. "Oh come on, I wasn't that bad, was I?" I keep a straight face, pretending to not know how to tell him that he actually sucked - which he, of course, did not. Suddenly he starts to worry and I can't help it anymore. I burst into laughter. "You should see your face right now. Yes, I would love for you to be my new opening act, Charlie." His smile returns. "Oh, but there are some rules." - "Shoot it, boss." I can't help but laugh.

"Ok, first, you are definitely not performing this song. We want it to be a happy night." He nods. I can see regret in his eyes. "Oh don't feel bad about me crying, I just had something in my eyes." He knows I'm lying but his happiness returns. "Second, we keep your name out of any public announcements. Don't want people to come because of you but because they wanna experience my club. And last, we need to work out your payment. I'm assuming, since you are a famous actor you're expensive." A cheeky grin forms on his face. "Oh, I already know the exact price for my performance."