PART FORTY

•••

"You know what, baby? I think we need a vacation."

Fwega shifted, staring at the ground in between their shoes. Zita's visits were random, intermittent, but with every visit she brought about a new terror.

Fwega's hands shook as Zita continued to stare at her, expecting an answer.

"Giddy's planning on experimenting on us, y'know. I don't know about you, but I don't really want to die at the hands of the Empire. I mean, you'll die at the hands of me soon, and I don't want them spoiling that because you're being held as bait." She got up and started pacing, relishing in the anxiety she brought up in Fwega. All of Fwega's negative emotions were at an all time high, and Zita would listen to her crying late into the night from outside of the door, soaking in her despair. She licked her teeth.

Fwega's interest piqued. She remembered Ahsoka's tip: finding a force user to help Mando locate her.

"Yeah, I know right? I've been trying to slip us away when he wasn't looking, but I've failed a couple times. But, he's doing a mandatory drill in a couple hours and we could slip away then." Zita mistook Fwega's interest for curiosity in the experiments, and Fwega was thankful. Somehow, she needed to find a jedi. Fwega eyed the knife in Zita's belt.

"Where would we go?" Fwega's voice was cracked, her tongue purple with the poison that she didn't know was taking over her body. Just one more dose...

"Delaya."

All of the air rushed out from Fwega's body and Zita grinned, breathing in deeply.

"Delaya? That's-"

"Yeah, it was our sister planet. Maybe a lil jog back into memory lane will let you know that Galdana is really gone. They've moved on, you're the only one that hasn't."

Her lip quivered slightly, stained purple from when she had licked it. "When-"

"Why, now, if you're up for it!" Zita jumped up, tugging Fwega's arm. She winced slightly, her shoulder clicking gently from when she had dislocated it. Her cut stung. Zita paid no attention, guiding Fwega out of the hall like so many times before.

"Zita!" A clear voice rang down the hallway and the woman in question froze, turning the two of them around, a smile still plastered on her face.

The figure down the hall advanced, shoes clicking on the metal grates. His voice was imposing, breaking up the tension between Fwega and Zita, which before was stifling but was now faded to a dull terror. He stopped in front of the duo, towering over them.

"Sup, Giddy? What can we do for you?"

He glared at Fwega, the little pink hairs on her neck stiffening upon seeing his hand on the darksaber. Moff Gideon's gaze drew over to Zita, who shoved Fwega closer.

"No need to halt the admiring. She is a specimen, is she not?"

Fwega's greasy, bead-less hair hung around her face flatly, highlighting her slightly sunken in cheeks. Her yellow tracksuit was unable to conceal the slightly purple tinge to her skin. Gideon was impressed with Zita's work, but his stony face revealing nothing about his character. The only shift in his face was his eyes, which darted to Zita once she pulled Fwega back towards her.

"That's enough on the admiring, she's spoken for!" Zita hid Fwega behind her playfully, chastising the Moff. "Now we're about to do our rounds, I'll be back in a jiffy."

"It's approximately 2 hours before your normal outing."

"Oh, piss off. There's a drill we gotta be ready for in two hours, and I'm not about to get three hundred people's panties in a wad when we're in the hallway and everyone else is in containment. We're fine!"