Prologue

The soldier panted as he ran, fear taking over as he heard the beast let out a ferocious roar behind him.

Turning around to see how close it was, he let out a petrified scream as he came face to face with the huge green dragon.

The soldier barely dodged when the dragon breathed fire everywhere, burning the space where he had just been.

He hid behind a nearby tree, trying to calm his erratic breathing and thumping heart.

Hearing the dragon growl over him, the soldier whimpered, shaking slightly as he covered his mouth to quiet himself.

Hearing the dragon huff after apparently not finding him, he waited until the loud thumping of it's footsteps stopped before slowly beginning to walk away.

The soldier was stopped in his tracks as a beautiful sounding voice broke the silence.

Turning around, eyes hazy as if he was in a trance, the soldier walked towards the beautiful voice in hopes of finding it's owner.

His hopes came true as he walked into a clearing and saw the owner of the voice sitting on a rock in the water, humming as they played with their hair.

The soldier seemed not to notice that they had the bottom half of a fish, walking towards them still.

Hearing the soldier approach, the blue haired merman turned around with a smirk, continuing to sing in his beautiful voice.

He knelt down by the water, entranced as the merman got off the rock, swimming towards him and leaning up, still singing as his face came closer and closer until-

The soldier was broken out of this trance with a gasp as a sword was thrust through his chest.

He gasped in pain, the life slowly leaving his eyes as the sword was pulled out, blood dripping all over the grass behind him.

Without another sound, the soldier collapsed in a pool of his own blood.

The male siren looked up and came face to face with a green haired male, horns poking out of his head and wings spread out behind him.

"Took you long enough." The blue haired siren yawned. "But also right on time. I was beginning to run out of energy."

"Well that's not my fault, you should stop pushing yourself so much." The dragon hybrid sighed. "If you do, you'll lose your voice, and that would be just awful. Really, we'd hate for you to stop talking all the time, Gavin."

"Oh, shut up, Daniel!" The male siren, Gavin, huffed, glaring up at him. "Admit it, you'd all be bored if I stopped talking!"

"Oh, yeah, definitely." Daniel replied unconvincingly.

Choosing to ignore this, Gavin motioned to the body on the grass. "You should get rid of this before Hosuh finds out. You know how much he hates it when we do this."

"Well, he won't find out." Daniel grunts as he lifts up the corpse, walking over to another nearby river and throwing the body in. "Because I'll tell Stephen to make sure he won't."

"Do you really think Stephen will listen to you? Or any of us, for that matter?" The blue haired siren scoffed.

"When it comes to Hosuh, oh yeah, he will." Daniel grinned. "You know that he's head over heels, right?"

"Duh. It's obvious. But he's never going to lie to Hosuh."

"He will if it protects all of us from Hosuh's wrath. You know what he's like when he's angry."

Gavin shivered at the thought of an angry Hosuh. "Yeah...we want to avoid that as much as possible.."

Daniel hummed in agreement. "So, you gonna tell Stephen to hide this from Hosuh, or should I?"

"I will." Gavin sighed, looking out at the ocean he was in. "He should be around here somewhere, since he never leaves the water."

"Neither do you." Daniel deadpanned.

"Yeah, because I can't!" Gavin pouted. "At least he has a human form, he just never uses it!"

"Yeah, I know." The dragon hybrid sighed. "So, see you tomorrow?"

"Mhm, see you tomorrow." The male siren replied, before diving back underwater and swimming away.

There was a bright puff of green smoke, then Daniel emerged from it in his dragon form with a roar, flying through the air to get back to his brother.

Little did they all know, a human adventurer by the name of Joseph Catalanello was wandering through their enchanted forest to discover the myths he had been told about.