Chapter 30

Tase, Yong and I looked at each other, completely forgetting Peony was still in the room until then. Tase came closer to the bed before we all looked to Peony. After a long, awkward silence, Yong finally sighed.

"I trust you, Peony. Mainly because I know you have no interest in legends, but Aivi carries the Lotus Heart," Yong admitted. I trusted Peony too. Her temperament wasn't the type to covet an item to rule the three realms. Her eyes widened before she looked at me.

"It exists?" She asked, dumbfounded. I found myself nodding.

"But the problem is that it's Aivi's life force. If someone takes it from her, she'll die. We sealed it away when she was just a seed, but that trial would've demolished the seal and exposed the Lotus Heart scent. Everyone would immediately sense it," Yong explained.

"That's why you wanted to block the trial for me?" I asked, only realizing the truth myself now. Yong nodded.

"It wouldn't have just been physical damage for you," he admitted. I placed a hand on my stomach as I looked to my lap. Yet another thing I didn't take into account. The thought didn't even cross my mind. I had only been worried about protecting our child, but I almost made a huge mistake. Tase body searched me before sighing.

"Well she must've taken some of the trial because the seal is weak again," Tase said.

"I took one strike," I informed him.

"Aivi... everything I do is to protect you. Why won't you just let me?" Yong asked tiredly. I hung my head, ashamed of myself. He was right. Yong had done nothing but protect and love me, meanwhile, I was too busy running away.

"I'm sorry," I apologized sincerely. "I just... your world still scares me," I admitted. Yong struggled to put an arm around me before pulling me into a hug.

"I know, that why I'm letting you do things your way, but some things I can't compromise on... like your safety," Yong brushed it off. I pulled out of his hug before helping him lay back down.

"You should rest. Your spirit is repaired, but you're still weak," I said before placing a kiss on his head.

"Aivi, you should be more careful. I'm going to check on the others," Peony excused herself as I stood.

"We should strengthen the seal," Tase said to me as Yong finally closed his eyes again. I went to sit at the table as Tase sat across from me. It must've been urgent for Tase to do it. Yong was the only one who'd tended to my seal up until this point. After Tase finished, he stood and stretched.

"I have to go back as it's getting late and I'm not allowed to stay. It's not safe to move Yong right now. I'm counting on you to take care of him until he regains his strength," Tase said. I stood quickly.

"Godfather... I'm sorry," I apologized as I hung my head. I was sorry for a lot of things. I was sorry for bringing them trouble. I was sorry for being so hardheaded all the time. I was sorry for running away. I was sorry for everything they went through since I arrived. Tase smiled gently before petting my head.

"Don't be, Little Flower. I know our world and it's rules are still overwhelming to you. Take your time, hm?" Tase said graciously. I nodded before he left. I went back to sit on the edge of the bed where Yong was laying. I brushed a strand of hair out of his face before laying down next to him. I had been cruel to Yong lately. I wanted to stop running away, but I was scared. I wanted so much for Yong to wake up and tell me everything would be okay. That he would be with me every step of the way. I placed my hand over my stomach gently. I hoped we could end the conflict before our child was born. I wanted our child to have a peaceful life at least.

When I woke up the next morning, the bed was empty. I sat up and looked around frantically. There was no way Yong should've been moving around yet. I stood and left the hut to look in the garden, but he wasn't there either. I practically ran the entire way to Floral Goddess Peony. My eyes were wide as I finally spotted her. Out of panic, I grabbed her hand desperately.

"Yong is gone," I said quickly. She chuckled slightly before petting my hands calmly.

"I took him to Rejuvenation Spring this morning. He'll gain his energy back quicker that way. I'll take you to him," she replied. I only relaxed slightly. Peony smiled knowingly at me before leading me to the thicker part of the forest. After walking a while, the trees opened to a clearing with a natural hot spring in the middle. Two fruit fairies were standing by while Yong sat soaking in the spring. I sighed in relief unknowingly.

"Yong," I called out to him as I went to the edge of the spring. He looked over to smile gently at me. He was looking a lot better. His previous pale, sickly complexion was rosy and livelier. I knelt beside the water as he turned in the water to face me. My hand touched his cheek gently.

"How are you feeling?" I asked. His water soaked hands reached up as he stood slightly and wrapped his arms around my waist before pulling me into the water slowly. I squealed as the warm water surrounded me from the chest down as Yong cradled me in his lap with a smile. He placed a gentle kiss on my head as the fruit fairies and Goddess Peony giggled at us.

"I missed you," he changed the subject. I figured he must've been feeling better if he had the strength to pull me into the water.

"Naughty," I muttered before getting off of his lap.