"What's wrong?" you asked confused.

He clicks his tongue. "I couldn't wait. I was planning on a more romantic setting to ask you or something." his arms were crossed and he legit looked frustrated with himself.

"No, no. That was great! Super cute move!" you reassured with honesty, holding two thumbs up.

When he saw your happy face, his expression softened. His left hand was on his waist, his right hand wrapped around your shoulder, his chest got closer to your face, you felt his lips touch the top of your head. He pulls back.

"My girlfriend." He exclaims admiringly.

You grinned shyly.

"The line up's about to start. Don't lose too early, we have to finally fulfil the battle of the trash can.".

"We'll beat you when that time comes!" he says proudly.

"You wish, Ukai-kun!".

"GF, call me Keishin." he deliberately calls you 'GF' to make you feel flustered, and it did. You proceeded to cringe jokingly.

"Then you can call me (name), Keishin-kun.".

🐱🐱🐱

Ukai's POV

We played a decent amount of games, beaten challenging opponents, and have reached far. Tsubakihara, Inarizaki, and now...

Karasuno vs Nekoma.

The game just ended, and we're now finishing with the formalities.

The sweaty players shake hands under the net. As for me, I was shaking the hand of Nekomata-san, thanking him for the great competition. Then I did the same with Naoi-kun. They both returned the gesture.

Now, (name)-chan is in front of me, holding out her hand. I look down at it, then back at her. I raise my hand, but instead of shaking it with hers, I reach behind her back to give her a quick hug.

I felt her body stiffen, then relax after a few seconds. She mustn't have expected it.

"Oh, would you look at that." the game's commentator says, unknowingly to us as we broke from the hug.

"Good game." I say to her.

"Good game." She says back.

The commentator's remark brought the attention of the players and a portion of the audience to me and (name)-chan.

"I wish I had my phone." Tanaka says.

Kuroo and Yaku bump fists.

Hinata high fives Nishinoya.

Naoi-kun was giving a wide, almost evil smirk.

Kiyoko's giggling somewhere in the side.

Nekomata-san appears beside (name)-chan.

Wait- shit.

He was looking at me strangely.

"Hehe. Nekomata-san," I say awkwardly.

"Keishin, I'll have a drink with your grandfather sometime, and you're joining us.".

"Eh- sure Nekomata-san." I gulp. The way he said it was intimidating.

🐱🐱🐱

Your POV

"(name)-chan, you're dating Keishin?" your sofu asks. Actually, he just wants to clarify if you're still dating.