Six

Songs for this chapter:

i saw you in a dream - The Japanese House

Dream - Shawn Mendes

Something Great - One Direction

***

Harry Styles

It was almost ten o'clock at night now, and I sat on the edge of my bed in deep thought. All of this was really happening, whether I wanted it to or not. I was ready to move on, and I needed to. I had feelings for Caroline. I always knew that there was something there but I kept pushed it away in fear of getting hurt again. I was used to keeping my distance from people, but I just couldn't stay away from her. I didn't care if it crashed and burned in the end, because she was my addiction. I couldn't get enough.

So I kissed her. I kissed her and she kissed me back. I didn't quite know what was going to happen next, but I didn't mind how spontaneous things were.

The rest of the night went smoothly after that. We had our pizza and watched the movie. Well, we were talking over it half of the time, but we tried to.

She was so sweet, and I could talk with her forever. Her smile is so warm, and when she talks about her interests you can see her eyes light up. It's wonderful.

I groaned, and flopped backwards onto my bed, my legs dangling off of the end. I looked up at my ceiling as if the answers I was looking for would be there. I was exhausted, but I knew that all of my thinking would keep me awake. I did my best to shake it all off as I began to get ready for bed. I stripped of my clothes and brushed my teeth before crawling under the covers. It wasn't until hours later I finally drifted off to sleep.

-

"Wake up, love. You need to take Darcy to school." A voice of a woman rang out from behind me, and sun streamed through the window. I didn't remember leaving the curtains open, though. I rolled over to see whoever was talking to me. I was faced with a woman with short, blonde hair that was slightly curled, and a round face with large grey eyes that seemed familiar to me. She stood with a baby yellow night gown hanging on her slender frame, and a cup of coffee in her hands.

"Who are you and why are you in my house?" I narrowed my eyes at her.

"What are you on about? Are you alright?" She tilted her head and looked at me quizzically. That's when I realized that I was in fact, not in my own room. I quickly sat up, looking around in a panic.

"What's wrong, dear?" The woman reached out and touched my shoulder, sending a shock throughout my whole body.

Bits and pieces of memories hit me all at once, and I watched them play through my head. I didn't even know if I could call them my own memories. I caught glimpses of the same woman here and there, but she was with a man I didn't recognize. I felt like I should know him, though. Each and every vision was a different event with different people. Some seemed like they occurred centuries ago, and others seemed more recent based on the scenery. There was one memory that particularly caught my attention.

-

"Daddy!" A little girl called out as she ran up to the man and into his arms. The man was dressed in business attire, a brown suit and tie. His brown hair was slicked back, but some of it had fallen into his face.

"Hi sweetie, how was school?" The man asked the girl, who must've been his daughter, as he hoisted her up into his arms.

He attempted to fix blonde hair that was sticking up in different direction from the wind while she babbled on about her day, her green eyes lighting up. They were the same as her father's eyes.