Come Over When You're Sober~008

"We're the Three Musketeers 2.0" My father had taken me and the boys out for breakfast today and so far, it seemed like he was liking them. "You've been making an excellent choice in friends since you've gotten here... Well, for the most part. They seem to be good for you," I gave a small smile in return, watching the boys smirk at each other from the corner of my eye. "Speaking of friends, I was wondering if you could take Josh under your wing again?... Please?" 

"Are you two back together or something?" His eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "No, but he's like my best friend, he deserves a shot at a career dad, even if I'm not gonna be here to cheer him on," His eyes traveled from his hone screen, finally up to me. "Fine," He sighed. "I'll do it, but one fuck up and he's done. He wont even be playing at any New York High Schools," 

"Good news, Joshy. My dad's gonna mentor your stupid ass again," Surprised, he engulfed me in a hug. "Thank you, Liyah. Really, this means a lot," Letting go, I followed him down to his room. "Hey so since I'm leaving soon and it'll be summer, I was wondering if you wanted to come with me and the boys? My dad got us an apartment and it's really nice, you can finally get to know my Michigan friends," He simply shrugged. I didn't he'd be up to it after his last encounter with them. 

And plus, I don't think Rio likes him much... Or Chanel. 

"I don't think your friends like me much after what happened," It's like he read my mind. Weird. "They just need to warm up to you, and I already explained everything to them... Come on, stop being a pussy," He scoffed, rolling his eyes playfully at me. "That, I am not. Fine, but only if you promise your friend wont kill me in my sleep," I laughed at his request. "Dude, he's not that bad. It was like a one time thing," He raised his eyebrows as if to say "Your kidding, right?"

"Okay okay, I promise he wont. I'll keep my guard dogs on their leashes," The room grew quiet for a second as his demeanor softened. "You should talk to Peep before you leave," I instantly rolled my eyes. "Why? So he can make me feel like shit?-"

"-Liyah"

"No. I'm not talking to him. He can fuck off right now," Josh sighed, I couldn't tell if he gave up or if he was growing irritated. "Were not breaking the group up again!" I flinched at his sudden yelling, something he took note up. "...I just can't lose you guys, okay? This is all too familiar," 

I had a choice: I could talk to Peep and make up, or watch Josh break apart. I didn't want either... But Josh meant more to me than my pride did; something I'm very fond of. 

"Fine, I'll try, but I can't promise you anything,"

"Are you guys gonna actually help?" All the boys had came over to help me pack since I had a bunch of stuff. "Your doing fine, just use your legs and not so much your arms," Throwing one of my beanies at Chris, he huffed. "I'm keeping this," he took off the one he was wearing and placed mine on, giving me his in return. "You never take this thing off so I'm guessing I'm gonna have to wash it, probably smells like sweat," 

I threw it in the box with the last box of clothes. "Dude, why are you leaving us? You're literally what made our group official," 
"Well why thank you, but this isn't home. It never really was now that I think about it... And Everyone back home needs me," he simply sighed in return. "I know... We're all just gonna miss you,"