"why not?"

"why are you so insistent on it?" aj looked up to him, "i barely tolerate your existence. what makes you think i want to talk to you?"

he frowned a bit, "i'm just merely saying—"

"just stop it jason."

sheeeeshh meanwhile, let me catch you up on what's been going on with danielle and karl.

nothing much happened when getting back from the grocery store. they simply decorated the house and put up the christmas tree.

when the two were putting up ornaments, karl's mother grinned, "look at you two! as if you never broke up!"

his eyebrows raised, but then realized that the first year that him and danielle started dating he had invited her over for christmas. this led to many festivities that included decorating the christmas tree.

danielle glanced over at karl with a wide grin, he simply went back to decorating, evidently uncomfortable with what his mom said.

at the end of that night, his mom insisted that karl should take danielle with him to his home.

he didn't want to. "why can't she stay here with you guys? there's a guest bedroom here, there's no room for her at my house."

his mother glared at him, "stop being so rude, you do have a spare bedroom! you guys can catch up if you stay together."

karl groaned, mumbling, "fine."

and so that night he drove her with him. there wasn't much conversation, but danielle kept on pushing to try and get something out of him.

when arriving, he gave her a quick rundown on where everything is. "here's where you'll be staying."

the guest bedroom was on the first floor, which is where there was a set up was as well. and his room was on the second. "cool, this is where you stream? where's your room?"

"no, a friend came over so i got a set up for him. my room is upstairs." karl responded walking up the stairs, she follows shortly behind.

"nice room." danielle glanced around, noticing the amount of nicknacks and such.

"thanks. well i'm tired so i'll see you in the morning." karl said.

"can we watch a movie?" she asked innocently.

"no. i'm tired."

she sighed, "alright then. goodnight karl."

he was reminded of aj, and how everytime they fell asleep together, she'd say goodnight. it would bring him an immense amount of comfort.

"goodbye." he closed his door as she walked over.

skipping to what's going on currently, danielle and karl were on their way to get things ready for thanksgiving dinner at the jacobs household, which was that night.

"you look nice karl."

he had a black turtleneck, jeans, and some brown boots. "thanks."