Chapter Nineteen: Fight For Your Right

Start from the beginning

I wanted to kill him.

I knew I couldn't though. Not only was it illegal, he is my best friend.

He stands up from the bed holding his hands up in defense. "She came all over me, she's such a whore. Played us both I reckon." He explained. How dare he talk about her that way? He didn't deserve to have her name in his filthy mouth.

I clench my hand into a fist and throw a punch. He winced in pain as my fist connected with his jaw. I threw another punch, this time hitting him in his nose. He groans out in more pain as I punch him continuously.

"What the fuck!" He shouts.

I lift him up by the collar of his shirt. "Get away from her!" I spat, throwing him back into his wall. I punched his face even more, his blood dripping all over my knuckles as I punch harder.

He tries to push me back, but it is no use. I push him down on the ground and kick him in his stomach. A feeling of relief coming over me. I enjoyed making him suffer like this. Seeing him in pain only made me happier.

I kick him in the stomach a few more times until I start to think.

In that moment, my words came to mind:

"Mind your business, Mudblood."

"I don't care about being nice to people. Just leave me alone."

That was nothing to the way I treated her. I didn't deserve her, someone else did. Maybe I wasn't enough. She deserved so much more than what I could give her. All I had to offer was money, but in the inside I was truly broken. I loved her, but I couldn't even love myself.

I stopped kicking him. I didn't feel like hurting him after the thought of her came to my head.

I backed away from him and looked down at the liquor bottles. I grab the bottle of vodka and throw it into the wall. It shatters, leaving the pieces fallen onto his bed.

I grab the bottle of Pronia and throw it onto the same wall as I did for the bottle of vodka. It shatters as well, leaving shards of glass scattering his bed. I leave his room in a hurry, I needed to talk to her.

A/N: The song below is called: How do I live by Leann Rimes. I suggest listening to the song to give it full effect. I will also be making a playlist for the songs that relate to the part of each chapter. I hope you all enjoy!

MOON'S POV:

I had been crying since I left Blaise's room. Music played on my small radio. It wasn't until I heard the creaking of the door, that I wiped my tears away. Draco entered the room and looked at me with soft eyes. His chest still huffing and his nostrils still flaring from anger. The anger that has now left his body. His knuckles we're all bloody and cut.

I jump up from his bed and walk over to him. "Draco are you ok?" I ask softly.

He nods but I'm still unsure if he was telling the truth. Suddenly the music changed, and the song that played that one time. The time that I cleaned Draco up after his last fight.

How do I, get through a night without you
If I had to live without you
What kind of life would that be

I put my hand on his face, holding it softly. "I'm glad you're ok." I exclaim, wrapping my arms around his neck.

Oh, I, I need you in my arms, need you to hold
You're my world, my heart, my soul and if you ever leave, Baby you would take away everything good in my life.

I sway back and forth slowly to the beat of the music. He gives me a small smile as he puts his hands on my waist.

And tell me now
How do I live without you
I want to know
How do I breathe without you if you ever go
How do I ever, ever survive
How do I, how do I, oh, how do I live

I lay my head down on his shoulder. We dance to the music, somehow comforting each other. This is a special moment for us. I felt safe in his arms.

Of course, I couldn't tell the future.

Without you, there'd be no sun in my sky
There would be no love in my life
There'd be no world left for me

"It's funny how this song comes on again." Draco says softly. I let out a small laugh before pulling away from his shoulder and looking up into his big blue eyes.

And I, baby, I don't know what I would do
I'd be lost if I lost you, if you ever leave
Baby, you would take away everything real in my life

"Draco, I wanted to tell you something. I know you've heard it before but I wanted you to know that I meant it." I explain. He looks down at me with furrowed brows. "What is it?" He asks. I didn't know if I should tell him again. Tell him that I loved him.

And tell me now
How do I live without you
I want to know
How do I breathe without you if you ever go
How do I ever, ever survive
How do I, how do I, oh how do I live

"Draco, I love you."

Please, tell me, baby

"I've always meant it, Draco. I just-" I'm cut off by his lips crashing into mine. He didn't have to say it back. Again, like last time I knew. He pulls his face away from mine, and I lay my head back down on his shoulder. This was the only time I really felt loved.

Draco gave me more love than my mother ever could.

How do I go on if you ever leave
Baby you would take away everything, I need you with me
Baby, don't you know that you're everything good in my life

"I love you too."

And tell me now
How do I live without you
I want to know
How do I breathe without you if you ever go
How do I ever, ever survive
How do I, how do I, oh how do I live

"Draco I-" He cuts me off again by putting his finger over my lips to hush me. "Don't talk, let's enjoy this moment." He replied. I think that for the time, I made him relax. Dancing with him made him relax.

How do I live without you

No, dancing made us relax.

How do I live without you, baby

We continued to sway back and forth as her voice started to fade out. It was rearing the end of the song. For us it felt like forever.

(How do I live, how do I live)
How do I live? (How do I live)
(How do I live)

When the song ended, I walked over to my radio and turned it off. When I turn back around, Draco is standing there staring at me. He looks almost doubtful. He probably regrets saying that he loved me. He probably didn't mean it.

I could only hope he did.

I wouldn't be able to know the truth until he told me.

And I already know that it's hard for him to express his feelings. I shouldn't really ask much more from him. This was already enough. What he did for me was enough. He fought his best friend for me.

Of course what Blaise did was utterly wrong, but that's besides the point. He was his best friend. And he fought him.

All for me.

DRACO'S POV:

I told her that I loved her. I wanted to tell her more, but I don't have a way with my words. She did. She has such a broad way of saying things and yet for me, I couldn't tell her much.

I could think about it but I couldn't tell her.

I wanted to tell her that I love the way she lights up when she talks about her favorite things. I wanted to tell her about all of the things I wished to do with her in the future. The many dates and adventures I had planned for us. She was the most beautiful girl I've ever met.

Like the song had said, I don't know if I could ever live without her.