BETRAYAL

TETSUYA'S POV

It has been a few weeks since the Winter Cup tournament.

I was on my way to the gym.

The phone call I'd received 3 days after the tournament keeps ringing in my ear.

FLASHBACK

Caller : Hello? Tetsu?

Tetsuya : Hello, Otou-san.

Caller : Tetsuya, there's something I need to tell you so can you come home ?

After hanging up the phone, Tetsuya packs his things and head towards the family home.

When he arrived, he was greeted by the maids and butlers.

Everyone : Welcome home, young master.

Tetsuya just smiled and nods in response.

Head butler : Young master, your father is waiting for you in the office.

Tetsuya : Thank you, Yuu-san.

Tetsuya heads over to his father's office.

Tetsuya : Otou-san, I'm here.

END OF FLASHBACK

" How am I going to explain to the team "

I was about to open the door to the gym when I heard voices from inside and my name being mentioned.

END OF POV

INSIDE THE GYM

Furihata : Hey, how do you guys feel if we take Kuroko out of the team?

The whole gym went quite and all eyes were on Furihata.

Riko : What are you saying ?!

Furihata : Think about it. He basically used us just to get even with the GOM.

Another silence filled the room.

Izuki : You got a point there, I guess.

Koganei : And he has weak body. He couldn't even last more than an hour or two on the court.

Kiyoshi : No way Kuroko used us! He believed in us, as a team that we'd win!

Hyuuga : He's not weak! Without him, we wouldn't even stand a chance against the GOM !

Riko : Say something, Kagami ! You are his light !

Everyone looks at Kagami, waiting for an answer. An answer that would determine everything.

Kagami stayed silent, not knowing what the right answer was.

" Furihata has a point but.. Kuroko would never do that to us.. Would he? "

Before Kagami could open his mouth, he heard the door to the gym opens.

Everyone turns to look and saw Kuroko standing at the gym door.

Riko : Kuroko ! How long have you been standing there ?!

Tetsuya : Since the beginning. If that's how you feel then I will send in my resignation letter by tomorrow.

With a weak smile, Tetsuya turns to head out of the gym.

Hyuuga : Kuroko, wait !

Tetsuya stops and turns to them.

Tetsuya : Goodbye, minna.

Everyone was dumbfounded as to why he said that.

Everyone stayed silent for a minute before Riko finally opens her mouth.

Riko : I hope you're satisfied with this, Furihata. Also, Kagami. I'm very disappointed in you the most.

The looks of regret clearly shown on their face.

To be continued...