Chapter 5: The Sin

Start from the beginning

With my wrists bound together, I walked next to The Mandalorian. The baby in its carrier floating on his other side.

My body was shaking, I felt numb, as if I couldn't feel anything happening around me as all I could focus on was the feelings and thoughts swirling inside me.

Fear, pain, sadness, betrayal. These emotions were all on my side, playing in harmony, orchestrating my death.

I tried not to hyperventilate, taking slow and steady breathes to keep calm as my bare feet ached with every step taken.

I wanted to run, I wanted to leave and try my best to escape, but with the Mandalorian by my side, I knew my escapes were futile, I would only get him angry and as sad as it is, I didn't feel like running. Maybe this was it, this was my fate.

Upon arriving to the sketchy looking building, Mando knocks and the entry sensor appears.

Then the door opens and two stormtroopers appear. I step back, fear settling in the bottom of my stomach as my heart dropped at the familiar masked soldiers.

The babies carrier floated in first and I hesitated before following, a stormtrooper pushing me harshly as I gasp, before catching myself.

"Watch it." Mando snaps harshly. They ignore him as we all enter the building. One of the stormtroopers grabs on to the crib.

"E-easy w-with h-him." I quickly stutter out in a shaking mess. I'm surprised by my own voice in the quiet that ensures us, but a stormtrooper only pushes me harshly forward making me quiet immediately.

We enter a room where an old man gets up from behind the table with a tracking fob, approaching the floating crib.

This must be the client, the one who hired Mando. I bite my lip, as my bounds around my hands now feel hotter and tighter, reminding me of no escape.

The client smiles evilly. "Yes. Yes, yes, yes." He mumbles out. The client and some man who looks like a doctor inspect the Child.

He scans the Child, who is obviously in discomfort, making me angry and nervous.

"Very healthy. Yes." The doctor confirms. They then move on to me.

The minute their eyes are on me, I felt like throwing up. My stomach felt weak, my head pounded, and my legs quivered as I tried to keep standing.

My body burned in places where other man had touched me, making me want to cry right on the spot.

The old man walked up to me first, smirking as he reached out to touch me.

I flinched as I heard Mando. "Don't." He snapped harshly, thus making everyone freeze. The client looked surprised as he put his hand down, glancing to Mando, who stood with his hand on his blaster and his foot ready to step toward us.

"I thought Mandalorian didn't interfere." The client spoke tauntingly. He then looked down at me, his eyes narrows in mischief before a sick smirk grew on his features.

"Unless, you've taken a liking to this one." He taunts once more, my eyes tear up. "Do you want me to escort you two to a private room before you go?" He sneers with a humorless chuckle.

I can see Mando's hand clenched in angry fists, but he remains quiet.

The client hums, bringing his hand up and slowly twirling a piece of my hair. "You sure are pretty." My stomach turns as I hold my breathe. I want to cut off my hair, I want to be bald rather than have this mans grip on me.

Although, I'm frozen in fear, I'm white as a ghost. The second Mando leaves, I'm not safe, I'm unprotected. I'm his.

I push back scenarios that could play out. I have to or else I'm dead already, a living corpse.

The doctor comes up to me, smiling softly, he most likely senses my fear as he holds up a scanner.

He nods as the old man steps away. "Healthy, a couple injures and malnourished, but I can fix that."

The client nods, facing Mando, who's been staring at me the whole time.

"Your reputation was not unwarranted."

"How many fobs did you give out?"

The old man glances at the baby and I. "These assets were of extreme importance to me. I had to ensure their delivery. But to the winner..." he trails off.

The client lifts a camtono and places it on the table.

"...go the spoils." The client opens the camtono, revealing two large stacks of Beskar ingots (20 altogether). The Mandalorian approaches and takes a couple of ingots to inspect them.

I bite my lip, this was his reward? This was it? He was leaving us, everything meant nothing. I felt embarrassed and betrayed. I felt hurt. Tears ran down my cheeks as I stared at the floor.

"Such a large bounty for such small packages."

The floating crib with the Child disappears into the next room as the doctor waits for me to enter as well.

I hesitate and before I can speak, at least say something, anything to the Mandalorian.

I'm hit in the back of the head making me cry out in pain as my knees hit the floor.

"Get moving!" A stormtrooper shouts as I'm pushed to my feet. My heart clenched as I realized this time, Mando didn't object. Tears stream down endlessly.

I keep my head down as I walk to the doctor who is smiling sadly at me. Before I completely leave, I turn one last time. I have to. I have to see him.

The Mandalorian watches me, his fists clenched at his sides, his prize hanging emptily by his side.

"H-How d-do you g-gain their t-trust?" I shyly asked as I fidgeted nervously.

Mando stroked the blurrgs head. Tilting his visor as he looked at me.

"Words mean nothing." He begins. "Actions and character show your true intentions." He demonstrates walking toward the animal.

"My presence isn't threatening, I'm not dangerous. I don't need words for them to believe or feel my intentions." He slowly lays his hand down, gently petting the animal as I watch with big eyes.

I nod slowly. "And you trust them back?" He looks at me. "Trust is a hard thing to come by."

I look down. Trust me, I know.

"But it's not impossible." I look up as he still stays staring at me.

He nods.

I bite my lip as I feel the taste of my salty tears.

I thought I could trust him, but I should've known to judge his endgame rather than his presence.

Goodbye Mando.