Chapter 5

Luna Brunswith POV

"Okay everybody, listen up!" Leo's demanding call echoes over the hunt group. "The hunt today will take place in a different location. We will not be going anywhere near Shadow Forest to look for food, but will be going to Black Forest."

A few murmurs and whispers spread throughout the group like wildfire, and some people even gasp.

"Leo, are you sure about this?" One outraged member cries out. "We're putting our friggin lives in our hands just to get some more food? I mean excuse me, but I think we already have enough. This is just ridiculous!"

Some members nod their head in agreement and a whisper reaches my ear saying "She's got a point there."

Leo stands over the girl in a menacing way and says, very plainly- "Well, if your too much of a sissy then you go right back down that hole and don't ever show your face again."

The girl glares back at Leo with an equal amount of menace in her eyes but doesn't say a word. She humphs and then crosses her arms over her chest until Leo turns back to the group.

"As I was saying, we're going to Black Forest because the amount of food in Shadow Forest is running low. It's getting harder to find stuff there, so we need to move on to a new location. I know Black Forest is very close to the Citizens, but we need to be brave and not let them scare us. We need to show them who's boss."

A strangled cry arises form the group that sounds like wild cats. Leo starts running toward the the left, and with a wave of his hand beckons the group to follow him along to their new hunting location.