Mary landed with a thump.

"Ow," she groaned.

"Are you okay?" Ryker asked as his head popped over the edge of the bed to look at her.

Mary had hit her elbows on the hard bedroom floor, but she wasn't injured anywhere else.

"I'm fine." Mary rolled onto her back and looked up at Ryker.

There was mirth lingering in those gorgeous hazel eyes. His half smile turned into a full blown smile and she could see the whites of his teeth. He began chuckling and laughing. A pout appeared on her face.

"This is not funny."

Ryker nodded his head, "It's funny."

Mary fought with the sheets to stand up. When she stood up completely, Ryker was sitting on the ends of the bed, completely oblivious to his nakedness. He wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her close, burying his face into her breasts.

"Are you regretting last night?" he asked.

Something strange stirred in her stomach. Mary felt an edge of insecurity and realized it was coming from Ryker. Her heart softened immediately and without thinking, she ran her fingers through his hair.

"No, I'm not," she replied.

Ryker pulled back to look at her.

"Are you sure?"

She nodded. "I am yours."

He broke into a confident half-grin again. Their emotions were all over the place. She knew it was because both of them were still getting used to the mate bond and distinguishing their own emotions from each other.

"What are your plans today?" Ryker asked.

"I was thinking about going back to work," she replied.

Ryker frowned.

"Why?" he asked. "You don't have to work."

"I do have to work," she replied almost immediately.

Although Mary was his Luna and would love to enjoy the pampering of her Alpha, she didn't want to entirely depend on him.

"Are you doubting my ability to take care of you?"

"Of course not." Mary thought her words carefully because obviously she didn't want to wound Ryker's ego. "Although I would enjoy your pampering—I still want to continue doing what I do best."

Ryker was silent for a minute as he debated over letting Mary work with Easton or keeping her home all to himself. The jealous and selfish part of him wanted Mary all to himself. However, the logical part of him knew that this was important to Mary.

"Besides, who said I can't have both? Your pampering and doing what I love?"

Ryker smirked when he heard what she said. Mary had a point. On another note, Mary was no longer available. His mark on her neck was proof. Ryker agreed with Mary and allow her to continue working with Easton. With that decision, he made use of whatever little time they had left before he meeting everyone. Ryker spent his time worshiping her body and making love to her repeatedly until she fell asleep.

It was late into the afternoon when Ryker finally opened his mind to his pack. They couldn't hear him, but they could feel his emotions. Mary was still sleeping upstairs, and he was downstairs cooking up some late breakfast—something he doesn't do very often.

Ryker's guard was down, but as soon as he let down his guard there was a knock at his front door. Turning off the stove, he unwrapped his apron and tossed it on the kitchen counter before going to answer.