Twenty Three

In Love By Now // Get That Man a Beer - Riley Green

A couple days later, Michael and Dani are on their way to Knoxville. She told Riley to meet at Susie Q's again to make it easier on them. She takes a deep breath as she lets herself into the building, smiling at Levi, the same bartender from the last time they were here. "Hey darlin'." She waves as she sits at the bar.

"Welcome on back, y'all." He nods to Hardy and smiles at Dani. "Y'all want the same?"

"Yes please." She smiles again, looking around the room after she gets her drink. Her eyes land on an guy in a cut off t-shirt and faded blue jeans with a dip can outline on the back left pocket of his cute butt, his hair is cut very short but cropped, not buzzed. He's bent over the pool table, a beer in his hand as he talks to a tall dark haired guy. She turns back to Levi. "Those boys at the pool table, put their next drinks on me."

"Sure thing."

Daniella smiles at Hardy. He looks back at her, matching her grin. "You look nice." He says, looking down at her plain button up and ripped jeans with a pair of sneakers.

"Thanks." She's startled by a hand on her back.

"Thanks for the drinks, darlin'." A very familiar voice says. She turns and her jaw drops when she sees Morgan with the short hair and cut off tee. "What're you doin' here?"

"I could ask you the same thing." She snaps back. Hardy puts a hand on Morgan's shoulder and pulls him back. "Why are you here?"

"I've never been to Susie Q's." He shrugs innocently. "So I'm here for the refreshments."

"Where's your hair?"

"Needed a cut, got tired it." She reaches up and runs her fingers through it, smiling slightly. "What do you think?"

"It's weird seein' you with short hair after all these years." She bites her lip. "It looks real good."

"Daniella?" She turns and sees Riley standing there in a nice shirt and jeans with boots and a black cowboy hat. "What's up?"

"You're Riley?" Morgan asks, obviously tipsy as he leans against the bar. "I thought Riley was a girls name."

"Morgan, chill." Dani says, pinching the back of his arm. He smacks her hand away.

"I thought Morgan was a girls name." Riley shoots back, looking down at him. He clenches his jaw. "I'm gonna take lovely Miss. Daniella out on a date." He says as he holds his hand out for her to take.

"No you're not." Morgan puffs his chest out, wedging himself between them.

"Why the hell not?" Riley leans down, getting his face. Dani rolls her eyes as she sighs, knowing this isn't going to end well. "She's here to see me."

"She's my girl."

"That's not what she told me when I hooked up with her down by the lake." Morgan winds up his arm then punches the smirk right off Riley's face. Hardy immediately grabs his arm and pulls him back. "What the fuck!?"

"Morgan!" Dani scolds, grabbing a bunch of napkins and ice for Riley, kneeling down next to him. "You okay?" She asks, holding ice against his nose.

"He's a fuckin' asshole." He groans, pushing himself off the floor. "You wanna fight? Let's fuckin' fight." Riley spits out some blood, standing at his full six-foot-four height. Levi sighs as he calls the cops, not even flinching as fists fly and blows land.

Dani shakes her head as she orders another drink. "Mind if I smoke?" Levi shakes his head and slides an ashtray to her. She lights a cigarette as she watches the two men fight each other. The cops show up and arrest both of them. "Where are y'all goin'?"