22. Dreamscaperers

Start from the beginning

"Gideon!" Mr. Pines yelled which startled the boy.

Gideon composed himself and gave Mr. Pines a crooked smile. "Well, well, Stanford, my arch-nemesis," he greeted. "We seem to have entered a dangerous game of cat and mouse. But the question remains, who is the cat, and who is the—"

Mr. Pines caught him off by ordering Soos, "Soos, broom." Soos reached over and grabbed a broom that was leaning against the wall and handed it to Mr. Pines.

"Oh no, not the broom!" Gideon cried. Mr. Pines stormed up to Gideon and started chasing him around the office, smacking him over and over with the broom. Mr. Pines paused just for Gideon to hiss at him to which Mr. Pines responded with two hits to Gideon's face. He then proceeded to hit Gideon twice before chasing him out of The Shack. We followed them and saw Gideon angrily looking at Mr. Pines. "You mark my words, Stanford, one day I'm gonna get that combination!" Gideon yelled. "And once I steal that deed, you'll never see the Mystery Shack again!"

Mr. Pines laughed at Gideon. "Good luck, bucko!" he chuckled and slammed the door. "Yeesh, that gremlin gets on my nerves..." He walked off and I assumed he went to put the deed back in his safe.

There was a pause before Mabel spoke up, "I don't you guys wanna watch some movies or something?" The rest of us muttered in agreement.

---

After a couple of minutes of lazily watching an old western TV show, Mr. Pines decided to join us. I was laying my head on Dipper's back, reading one of my books as he and Wendy were nonchalantly shooting each other with Nyarf dart guns. "He put the old in 'old west,'" I heard the narrator on the TV say. "They call him 'Grandpa the Kid!'"

"I'm tired during the day..." I heard another person say and I assumed it was 'Grandpa the Kid'.

"I can relate to this," Mr. Pines stated. I chuckled at his comment.

"Grunkle Stan, why can't we watch a movie that we'll all enjoy?" Mabel said and I turned my head away from my book to see her pull out a movie case with two anime-looking men on the cover. "'Dream Boy High! Where love is on your permanent record.'"

I cringed at the movie name and cover as everyone else shouted, "Boo!"

Mabel shrugged off the booing. "You'll learn to like it," she said.

Suddenly, a loud bang could be heard from the kitchen, and soon after, Soos came running into the living room all frantically. "Aaah! Dudes, there's a bat in the kitchen!" Soos exclaimed. "It tried to touch me with its weird little bat fingers...!"

"Don't worry, I got this under control," Mr. Pines said. He then leaned back in his chair and propped up the footstool. "Dipper, take care of it."

Mabel laughed. "Yes!"

Dipper sat up quickly which caused me to sit up as well. "What? Why can't Mabel do it?" he asked his uncle.

"'Cause life ain't fair. Now go fight a bat so we can watch TV," Mr. Pines explained.

Dipper stood up completely and stood in front of Mr. Pines, staring him dead in the eyes. "No way, Grunkle Stan! You always make me do dumb chores!" he shouted. "I'm putting my foot down this time!" He angrily stomped his foot down to assert dominance.

"I said do it kid. Now!" Mr. Pines yelled back.

Dipper stood his ground and glared even harder at Mr. Pines to which Mr. Pines shot back with an even stronger glare, scaring Dipper. "Okay, I'll do it!" he said in defeat. He then sighed and walked off towards the kitchen. Mabel and I exchanged a glance and decided to follow him. He picked up a saucepan and a spoon. "Stupid chores..." I heard him mumble.