17. The Deep End

Third Person POV

It was an extremely hot day in the sleepy town as Wendy sat with a wet and shaken up Dani who was wrapped up in a towel. You see, Wendy decided she make more money so she got a part-time job as a lifeguard at the local Gravity Falls Pool. She also saw this as a good opportunity to give her very good friend who is afraid of water some swimming lessons on her breaks. They sat together in one of the lifeguard chairs as Wendy rubbed circles on Dani's back to calm her down. "Oh come on, Dani, you did such a good," she told Dani.

"You threw me into the deep end!" Dani exclaimed. "Literally! I could've drowned, Wendy!"

"Yes, but you didn't," Wendy responded. Dani just scoffed and looked away. "Look, I'm just doing what my dad did when he taught me how to swim."

Dani looked up at Wendy with concern in her eyes. "Oh, Darling," she said. Wendy just chuckled.

She then heard familiar voices and looked over to see the Pines family, along with Soos walking their way. She nudged Dani to get her attention. "Hey, I know what'll cheer you up," she said. She then turned to her where she opened up a cooler, pulling out a water balloon. "I've been saving this for a good day, and that day..." she placed the balloon in Dani's hand, "is today."

Dani looked at the balloon, then at the Pines family and Soos, then back at Wendy, smiling evilly. Dani stood up on the chair, removing the towel from around her. She steadied her aim which was locked on Mr. Pines and she drew back, launching the water balloon right at Mr. Pines' face. "Aaah!" he yelled.

Dani gasped and threw her hands over her mouth, not meaning to hit him in the face. "Hey, Mr. Pines!/Sorry, Mr. Pines!" Wendy and Dani said.

Their voices got the attention of the Pines family and Soos and they all looked up at the two girls. Dipper's eyes widened and he blushed at the sight of his girlfriend in her bathing suit. "Wendy? Dani? Where's the lifeguard?" Mr. Pines asked.

"Wendy is the lifeguard," Dani informed.

"I make the rules, sucka! Boosh!" Wendy added and chucked another water balloon at Mr. Pines' face.

She continued to throw even more balloons at him. "Aah! She's attacking me with water!" Mr. Pines yelled as he ran away.

Everyone laughed at him but then their laughter died down as Dipper turned his attention back to Dani and Wendy. "Wow. You work here?" he asked Wendy.

"I found out lifeguards get free snack privileges," she answered.

"What about you, dude?" Soos asked Dani.

Dani played a strand of her hair, nervously. "Well, Wendy decided to give me some swim lessons when she goes on her lunch breaks..." her voice trailed off, "however, her methods have been... chaotic."

"Hey, dude, you wanted lessons, imma give lessons," Wendy retorted.

"Besides that, I do have the best seat in the house."

"Yeah, you do!" Dipper agreed a little too enthusiastically. He then started laughing for an uncomfortably amount of time. "I've been laughing for too long..." he whispered.

Soos leaned down to Dipper's ear. "Dude, are you and Dani having a secret staring contest? 'Cause I think you're winning—" he said but was soon cut short by Dipper.

"Soos! Shh!" Dipper hissed as he pushed Soos away. Wendy raised her brow then looked over at Dani, smirking when she noticed she was blushing from what Soos had said. "So, hey, you guys wanna go chuck more water balloons at Grunkle Stan?" Dipper asked the girls.

"We'd love to, but I gotta finish giving Dani lessons then I gotta spend the day doing tryouts," Wendy explained then gestured to the empty lifeguard chair next to her and Dani. "We're looking for a new assistant lifeguard."