This Is Me Trying

Hey everyone! Hope everyone's having a beautiful day as usual! This is based on the song This Is Me Trying by Taylor Swift. For more information about my mc Arielle Valentine, let me know and I'll make a story about her!
==================================
Takes place in line with OHSY's Chapter 5.

Arielle's PoV:-
Just when you're about to take a break, you get paged by Eth- Dr. Ramsey. With a sigh, you turn around and walk towards the diagnostics office.
You step inside the diagnostics office as the glass doors open with a hiss to see Dr. Ramsey pinching the bridge of his nose.
"Yes?"
He looks up, anger and irritation clear in his face. "I thought you had at least a bit of maturity but I can see that I was wrong." You stifle the urge to roll your eyes.
"What did I do?", you ask trying to keep your voice as level as possible noticing that June and Baz are in the room.
As soon as he hears your words, he gets up and slams a stack of papers in front of you. You pick them up to see the name "Gwyneth Monroe" on the top. You wince slightly.
"I thought I had specifically told you that the diagnostics team does not seek patients and that they come to us! I come in and receive the news that Gwyneth Monroe had been approached by a 'Dr. Valentine'. The same person I said no to as for reaching out."
"Well excuse me for trying to keep this team afloat! I was only doing what's best for the team! And besides, by doing this we'll still be able to treat patients who can't afford treatment!"
"That's what you think! The board is thrilled about this and Naveen has told me that the board wants us to 'move our focus towards high-profile patients'." His eyes are filled with fury.
"Well I'm sorry but you can't expect me to just stand there doing absolutely nothing while this team sinks to the bottom.", you shrug.
"Guys, you should calm down for a moment. The patient's probably waiting for us and we don't want to keep them waiting.", Baz says tentatively.
"Oh yes, from now on just like Dr. Valentine wanted we need to provide all our special patients with VIP treatment!" Your anger flares as he pokes accusations at you.
"I never said that! I'm sorry but the only way that we can still keep running this team just like Naveen wanted is by changing and adjusting a little!"
"And what do you know about Naveen's vision? Just because you are his goddaughter doesn't give you more authority then the rest of us, nor does it to make decisions without my approval." Your mouth drops open as you gape at him. Baz's eyes widen as June speaks up. "Ethan, that's extremely low." Ethan scoffs.
"Seriously?! I thought you knew how hard I worked for this position! Turns out you think that I got into this fellowship because of Naveen and not because of my own damn effort."
"Stop twisting my words, Arielle.", he says giving you a death stare.
"I never twisted your damn words.", you clap back.
"Well, maybe you're still not ready for a position like this. Seeming that you can't follow a simple set of instructions."
"How many times do I have to say it?! I was doing what we needed to do in order to keep our team afloat!!"
"And I told you not to do something which is exactly what you've done! I thought you had learned your lesson from last year, but clearly I've misjudged you."
"Don't you dare bring last year's events into this! That has nothing to do with this!", you shout.
"It has the utmost important and impact. Clearly representing your lack of being able to follow a set of instructions!"
"I can't believe you!"
"We'll get used to it then. If you pull one more stunt like this, I won't hesitate to terminate your fellowship." That sentence triggers something inside of you, a last straw.
"Well in that case, consider my whole damn job 'terminated'!" You slam your ID badge on his desk and rush out of that office as fast as your heels can take you, ignoring Baz and June's shouts.

Ethan's PoV:-
You slump back into your chair, and pinch the bridge of your nose.
"Ethan, I know you're our boss and all that but what in the world did you do that for?! That poor girl just quit her job!" You turn to Baz.
"And she won't be the only one if this conversation continues.", you say. They both exit the room.
"Lord, one day she'll be the death of me!" You decide to go to the ER to help with any patients. After attending to a few casualties, you go back to your office when you see Harper standing at the entrance, arms crossed. You raise your eyebrows.
"Was that Dr. Valentine I saw rushing out of here?"
"Yes."
"What the hell were you thinking, Ethan?! You can't just shout at her like that."
"Well, I can if I need to."
"Well maybe when she deserves it. You damn very well know that what she did didn't make you angry. You're angry that what she says is right, and worried that Naveen's vision will be compromised."
You sigh. "...maybe I was a bit too hard on her."
"A bit?", she looks at you incredulously.
"Fine! I was hard on her, so what?! It's not like she's actually going to resign her job, it was a hot-headed decision."
"Oh really? Then what's this?" She waves a minute stack of papers. You take it from her and read it. It's a resignation letter, signed. Your eyes widen in disbelief.
"She came to me, with a resignation letter and said that she wanted me to sign these papers. She's very clear-headed and informed me that it isn't a rash decision, but one that she's been mulling over for sometime. She's gotten an offer to transfer her residency back to New York, offering her a part in researching preeclampsia treatments."
"She wouldn't...", your mind says.
"Naveen's signed them too."
"What?!" You scan the papers and notice your mentor's signature at the bottom. "Damn it... I should go talk to her."
"You should, And do it now. She's leaving in a few hours to New York. The young doctor's got quite a few connections."
"Just tell me where she is!"
She shrugs. "She's handing over all her patients to other residents so she could be anywhere. Dr. Hirata, Dr. Delarosa and both Dr. Mirani's have tried talking her out of it but she wouldn't budge. So did her friends and Dr. Lahela. Naveen tried his best but couldn't either."
"Well why didn't you?!", you ask.
"You really thought I didn't? She's quite the woman, didn't waver a second. And you know how intimidating I can be."
"Well, of course she is.", your mind reminds you as you rush out of the office.