Chapter 3: False Accusations

Sorry for not updating for so long a lot of stuff has been going on, but I'm back for now. Oh yeah and sorry for the cliff hanger.

" Yes dad. " the prince replied nervously and turned toqard his father.

" What are you doing put here? " His father asked sternly.

" Nothing. " the prince replied then looked away.

" Sure you weren't." His dad said sarcastically

" What does that mean father? " The prince said as he looked at his father with suspicion in his eye.

" What I mean is I know your lying to me. "

"I'm not lying to you!" The prince roared.

" Son it's okay I already know whats going on here."

Oh no, the prince thought. His father couldn't have known about it when he himself hadn't told a soul.

" You were out here with a girl." His father interrupted.

" I did no such thing! Wait what?" The prince stared at hia father for a moment.

" You were out here with a girl. That's why your acting the way your acting. Who is the lucky lady? Where is she?"

"Father there is no she. No one was out here with me."

"But I heard you talking to someone."

"I was talking to myself."

"Oh okay."

"I'm sorry dad for being a disappointment and rebelling against you like I've been doing lately it just...." The Prince trailed off.

"You aren't ready this my son I know my father did me the same thing. I promised myself I wouldn't do what my father did to me. He made me marry your mother earlier than we wanted to."

"Oh so you two weren't forced into something you didn't want to be in?"

"No times were easier back then. The lesser kingdoms didn't put as much pressure on us like they do now."

"So that's it. Father I don't understand why you let them run this kingdom. They dominate everything and we're suppose to in control of them. They make decisions for us. Just like this pre arrange engagement ceremony thing. I have to marry one of those girls. Which some of them I've never meet."

"I know son it is a burden. We have to be the ones make the decisions that keep the kingdoms from rebelling against us."

"So what we're basically doing is kissing there back sides just to make them happy. That's unacceptable father."

The king looked at Prince Jeremy and some things went through his mind.

"You know what you remind me of myself when I was younger." The king said. "I use to tell my father the same things. He tried to change it but in fear of rebellion he never made any decrees against them."

"So we just let them control us and never really control ourselves."

"Yes son that's just how it is when you have all the power. You never really have control you just have responsibilities and one of those responsibilities are keeping the people happy."

"Well we always make them happy. Why can't we make ourselves happy."

"Because if we do go against them they'll go against us."

"This is so confusing father. So there's really no satisfaction in having all the power."

"Not when your in control of these kingdoms and you need to keep them all happy."

" I see father what you mean. So we sacrifice our happiness and will for them. Those who never appreciate it. They're greedy little bottom feeders who always ask for more when we give them everything they want. Why should we do for them when they give noting in return."

"Come on now my son. What did I tell you about being selfish?"

"But father."

"No my son no buts. Anyway we need to get back in there they may worry about you."

The king and Prince Jeremy walked towards the door.

"Oh and before we enter I'm not choosing any one of these women to be my wife not yet not tonight I can't."

"As you wish my son." His father said willfully.

His father looked down at him and smiled. Prince Jeremy couldn't help but stare blankly into his father's face.

"Are you sure father."

"Yes son I'm sure."

Sorry about this chapter you guys. I was trying to hint at something here hope you guys got it. Anyway I hope you notice how his father treats him and you guys understand why he doesn't want to disappoint him like that.