And he's assured you he's happy. He's happy with you. He loves being with you. And you know a part of him is always going to love with Maeve. But that doesn't bother you. She's gone, and you're here. And that's that.

"Spencer?"

"Yes, pretty girl?" He murmurs, resting his cheek on the top of your head.

You hesitate a moment. "I want to ask you something, but you don't have to tell me the answer if you don't want to. Only when you're ready."

"What is it?"

You lift your head up off his shoulder and look at him. "Why didn't you take any pain meds? For your stomach?"

His hazel eyes search yours, and he sets his coffee down on his bedside table. You had him yours, and he sets it next to his. He looks back at your face, and you look into his eyes, brows creasing together.

"I used to be addicted to Dilaudid," he whispers, placing his hand in yours, lacing your fingers together. "A man named Tobias kidnapped me when I was twenty-four. He had dissociative identity disorder, and, um, it was actually his other two personalities that tortured me."

"Spencer," you whisper, squeezing his hand.

He gives you a soft smile. "Tobias, when he was actually Tobias, gave me Dilaudid so I could escape. I...took it for a while after I was rescued by the team. I missed one of my friends, who had left before Hotch, the unit chief at the time, could fire her. And my mentor left, which made it worse." He's quiet for a moment. "It helped me escape for a while. I used on and off for...close to a year."

"I'm sorry," you whisper, bringing his hand to your lips, pressing a soft kiss to it.

"I got clean and I haven't used since. Sometimes I wonder where I'd be if I had kept using. I think I'd be dead." His voice is soft, and he meets your eyes. "I was clean for a long time, but before I went to prison, someone drugged me. And it ruined it. But I haven't taken anything since." He gives you a small smile. "I still keep a bottle of Dilaudid in my sock drawer. I can't...bring myself to pour it out. I'd never use it, but it's been there for....almost nine years."

You don't say anything, breaking your grip on his hand to cup his cheek. You gently pull his face to yours, pressing your lips to his. He kisses you back, his hand reaching to cup your face. He gently runs his fingers through your hair, twisting his fingers in it. The kiss is sweet, causing butterflies to flutter in your stomach. After a moment, you pull back, resting your forehead against his.

"Do you know you're the strongest person I know?" You whisper, his eyes looking into yours.

He laughs softly, brushing his nose against yours. "I do now."

You give him another small kiss before pulling back. "What do you want to do today?"

"Honestly, I could just lay in bed and kiss you all day," he mutters, grinning at you.

You give a small shriek as he grabs your waist and pulls you onto his lap. You gently run your hands up your chest, avoiding his stomach. He wraps one arm around your waist, his other hand snaking to the back of your neck.

"You know, doctor, I don't think you're allowed to get physical yet," you say, running your hands up around to the back of his neck, playing with his hair.

He laughs, his fingers trailing down the small switchblade on your necklace. "Shut up and kiss me."

You giggle as you press your lips to his, and he pulls you flush against him, his hand on your lower back. Your lips move against his slowly at first, but with each passing second, the kiss becomes more urgent. You sit completely on Spencer's lap, and he groans, bucking his hips up slightly to press into you.