parents ( finn )

NERVOUS WAS THE EMOTION i was feeling when i woke up early on a saturday morning, well aware of the plans finn and i held for the day ahead. i'd be meeting eric and mary wolfhard, and the thought of it was completely nerve-wrecking since the idea of them not liking me basically prevented me from meeting them for half a year now.

however, finn suggests that everything will be fine because he loves me and he's sure that his parents will too. i always smile at this and how much he cares for me, but still, i can't risk his parents not liking me. i love finn too much.

"big day today," finn yawned as he woke up from his sleep. even with his messy wayward hair and red freckled face, he still managed to look so heavenly.

"yeah," i reply turning to face him before running a single hand through his hair. "i'm still nervous though."

finn wasn't annoyed, irritated, or upset; he was understanding. he kissed me and reassured me by saying, "they'll love you, i promise. and even if they don't-- BUT THEY WILL, i will kick nick in the balls and blame him for it, understand?"

i smiled and nodded. "I love you finn."

"i love you too, now let's get ready. we've got brunch in two hours."

which each step i took towards the house the more nervous i got. finn squeezed my hand as if he felt that i was anxious before knocking on the door. within seconds mary opened the door, revealing big, happy smiles spread upon her and eric's faces. 

"you must be y/n!" eric exclaimed before hugging me tightly. "we've heard so much great things about you!" mary added before joining in on the hug.

finn chuckled. "you guys must love her more than you love me!"