Chapter 27: Just Pink Not Pretty

Start from the beginning

"Hey! Our game!" Cedric whined as Cassie's queen smashed his knight to pieces. He rolled his eyes, clearly annoyed by the interruption before plotting his next move.

Amora and Cassie sat down in the corner of the Hufflepuff Common Room on two small yellow bean bags. The common room was slowly emptying as the excitement of the first night was replaced by the exhaustion from the long train ride. Cassie's eyes were trained on a group of first years stumbling up the stairs to their first night at Hogwarts, and Amora could have sworn she saw her smile.

"I just wanted to talk about... Tyler," Amora explained, and Cassie let out an annoyed huff at the mention of his name.

"What about him?" Cassie snapped, which was something unusual for the Hufflepuff.

"Was he acting weird...before everything between you guys happened?" Amora asked, leaning back in her beanbag chair.

"Did he really not tell you why we broke up?" Cassie asked, eyebrows raised in surprise.

"No, not at all," Amora said, shaking her head.

"He called me a blood traitor," Cassie muttered, lowering her head. Amora's eyes widened and before Cassie could say anything more, Amora wrapped her in a tight hug.

"I'm so sorry that you'll never get the apology you deserve," Amora muttered into her shoulder. She felt Cassie tense up for a moment before she relaxed and returned the gesture.

A bright flash interrupted the moment as Amora blinked the bright light's reflection in her eyelids away. Once she could see again, she saw Ned and Rey holding a wizards camera.

"Sorry! You guys just looked so cute," Rey gushed.

"Hey! Cass! We need to finish our game!" Cedric complained. Cassie gave Amora a wave goodbye before rejoining the game with Cedric.

Amora looked at the clock and yawned, the day finally taking it's toll on her. She left the Hufflepuff Common Room, but at the door she heard:

"Checkmate!" Cassie's voice yelled.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

"This has been a Ministry approved course," her voice rang from the front of the classroom. The Hufflepuffs, Slytherins, and Ravenclaw all looked around, exchanging nervous glances.

"Ma'am, what about our NEWTs this year?" Ned asked, looking at the Dark Arts: For Beginners book sitting in front of him.

"This book should prepare you for everything you need to know," Professor Umbridge smiled, her toad-like face scrunching up.

"She took Pretty in Pink way too seriously. She's like walking cotton candy," Amora muttered to Cedric.

"Just Pink, not Pretty," Cedric chuckled and Amora let out a high pitched laugh which unfortunately caught the attention of the entire classroom.

"Miss LeStrange, might I ask what is so hysterical at the moment?" Umbridge spat, waddling over to Amora's seat.

"Of course professor. You see I was just laughing at this joke of a course," Amora chuckled, raising the small book above her head. The entire classroom erupted into laughter as they all flipped through the book, pointing to spells they already mastered.

"Silence! Might I ask why this course is so funny to you, LeStrange?" Umbridge asked, practically spitting Amora's name.

"Do we even use these spells in class?" Amora countered, raising a brow.

"Of course not! The Ministry has ruled that it isn't safe-" Umbridge started.

"Well the Ministry can shove it! What's the point of not practicing these spells? So You Know Who- Voldemort- can just kill us faster?" Amora ranted angrily. Umbridge's fist slammed down on her desk and Amora saw a flash of anger in her eyes.

"You will not say that name here! I will not have lies and baseless rumors floating around my classroom. I can assure you all that you are perfectly safe, and that You Know Who is nowhere-" Umbridge explained.

"So what? Amora and Harry were almost killed during the Triwizard Tournament by what then?" Cedric yelled, shooting to his feet. Amora had never seen Cedric so passionate, and her chest swelled with pride.

"Detention! Both of you!" Umbridge yelled at them.

"That's completely unfair!" Aaron shouted, standing up as well.

"If you believe so, Mister LeStrange, you can join them in detention as well. Anyone else?" Umbridge asked, and the class was silent.

Then Belle, Ned, and Rey stood up, raising their hands.

☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎☀︎︎

A/N: WHOA! 5k reads! HOLY SMOKES! sorry, none of my books do well. tysm for all of your support everyone! means the world! <3