Chapter 14: The Magic of Christmas

Start from the beginning

It wasn't until Jaz finally spoke up that Sirius finally noticed his girlfriend sitting next to him at the table. "Hey, Prongs, Pads. What are you guys talking about?" Jaz didn't seem to notice the glare that James was sending Sirius right away. That was because she hadn't actually looked at the boys when she sat down. She was focused more on her food than she was them at the moment. She was pretty hungry after all. Jasmine only looked up from her delicious chocolate chip pancakes when she didn't get a response from either boy. She was at least expecting Sirius to greet her with a kiss and an acknowledgement from James but none of that happened, so she looked up at the two boys to see what they problem was. That is when Jaz saw the glare that James was still directing Sirius' way, while Sirius was just staring back confused at his best mate's anger.

Jasmine decided to intervene in their "argument." She figured it was probably about something really stupid that she could easily fix if she got one of their stubborn asses to apologize to the other one. That was usually how she fixed their stupid arguments. She tried her best to be peace maker, but there was no way that she would be able to manage it without Remus helping her sometimes. He was like her backup peacemaker, especially when she wasn't around. Anyway, Jasmine figured that it would be Sirius this time that she would have to get to apologize because it was clear that James was mad at him for something. Whatever that was, Jaz didn't necessarily want to know. She didn't really care anyway. They were usually really stupid arguments after all.

Jasmine leaned over to Sirius and whispered in his ear, "Hey, Siri, do you think that you could just apologize to James for me? You don't want to ruin Christmas, do you?" Jasmine said this in the best seductive voice that she could muster in the moment.

This only managed to cause Sirius' face to become bright red, evidently embarrassed. He was mainly embarrassed because of the new nickname that Jaz had decided to give him in the moment. In order to save himself from further embarrassment from his girlfriend, he leaned and whispered back, "I would happily do that Mare, but I can't seem to figure out why Prongsy is so angry at me. Also, please for the love of God never call me Siri again."

Jaz let out a little giggle after the last part. The first part though confused her, but it made sense why he had looked confused earlier when she saw James was glaring at him. Though, usually when they had arguments, they were both aware of the stupid topic they were arguing about.

"This is going to be more complicated than I originally thought," Jasmine thought. Then Jasmine turned her attention away from Sirius toward James to ask him why he was so angry with his best mate. But when she turned toward him, Jaz saw that James was glaring at both of them, which didn't make sense since Jaz was sure that she hadn't done anything recently to upset the boy. So, instead of asking him why he was made, Jaz turned her attention back to Sirius. She leaned in and whispered, "Don't look now, but Prongsy is glaring at both of us now."

Of course, Sirius immediately turned around and saw James glaring at them both. He also heard a groan come from his girlfriend. Then he turned back around to face Jaz. It was in that moment that he realized why James was probably angry, or actually more like jealous. Whispering to Jasmine, Sirius told her quietly, "I think James might be a bit jealous." Jasmine pulled back from him, wide-eyed to say something back, but Sirius pulled her back. "See when you came into the kitchen and I came to greet you, I left James in the middle of a story. Now James is used to this by now. I have gotten distracted several times before when he would tell me a story, but he usually isn't mad at me for this long. He just expects it from me now. It's not like it's something completely new to him. He usually just sighs and is just annoyed with me. Then when my attention is back on him, I will prompt him to continue the story and he will. When I did that after I let you go get food, he told me no. He has never done that before. Plus, now that he is glaring at both of us, mainly me, it makes sense that he would be jealous."