Chapter 22

The fight raged on between Peter, El, Tony, and Venom. Venom kept gaining the upper hand on them, hitting them and snarling in their faces. Peter knew the weaknesses, but he couldn't seem to find something to help them. Instead he just shot webs at Venom and dodged his attacks.

"Peter, how did you get this thing off you?!" El shouted as she dodged a web in time.

"The symbiote has two weaknesses!" Peter shouted back. "Fire and noise!"

"Well, we can't exactly set the school on fire, now can we?" Tony replied. "Find anything that could create a huge noise!"

That was when Peter came up with an idea. "You two keep him here!" He ordered his sister and father figure. "I've got an idea! I'll be right back!"

Peter swung off and went back into the school. El and Tony exchanged looks, knowing that he had a good idea up his sleeve. The two of them continued to fight, dodging Venom's attacks. Each dodge made the monster angrier, as he wanted to kill them both. He snarled at them and charged towards El, who shoved him back with her powers. Tony shot missiles at Venom, but he used his spider sense to dodge.

Just then, Venom gained the upper hand once more. He went back to El, grabbing her and slamming her to the ground. Tony tried to intervene, but Venom smacked him out of the way. El tried to focus, seeing Tony and Venom fighting through her blurred vision. She blinked, trying to get her eyes to focus so she could fight.

El then took sight of Venom's leg. She smirked to herself, coming up with an idea. She crawled over and grabbed his leg, Venom taking this by surprise. She moved quickly, not wanting him to attack again. She pulled herself around his leg, taking hold of it with her legs. Then she pulled him down to the ground, her on top of the creature.

"PETER!" El cried out. "NOW!"

Peter swung in, carrying pipes in his hands. He slammed one into the ground, making Venom screech at the sound. He continued to shove them into the roof, Venom screeching and moving around in pain at each sound. Peter created a circle of pipes around him. He passed some extras to El and Tony, who each hit the pipes with their own. Venom was ripping apart, screaming in pain. Peter then caught sight of Billy inside, the symbiote tearing off of him. He shot a web out at him, pulling him out of the symbiote.

"Nice job, Underoos!" Tony called out, Peter smiling at the name.

"We're ready to go with the explosives!" Mike called out from the machine.

"Just in time!" Peter said, smiling underneath his mask.

Just then, everyone heard screeching behind them. Inside the pipe circle, the symbiote was growing large, smiling evilly down at everyone. It didn't need a host anymore, as now it was living by itself. Peter began to hit the pipes again, but Venom swatted him out of the way. Tony shot missiles at the creature, but they didn't seem to harm it. El then had to step in, using her powers to hold Venom back. MJ swung over, she and Peter shooting webs at the pipes and wrapping them up. They needed to keep Venom contained, or else he would intervene in their plan.

"We need to blow the machine up now," El said, holding Venom back. "That way it can stop the portals and we can kill the symbiote. Fire is another weakness."

"That means we'll have to clear the area now," MJ replied.

"No, you kids do," Tony said, making everyone freeze in place.

Peter furrowed his eyebrows at him. "Why is that, Mr. Stark?" He asked, afraid of what the answer could be.

"You said it yourself; my existence is messing up the universe," Tony explained. "If I die, then things can get back to normal. The explosion is the best way to do it."