"Not to mention.." He continued " The HE that I'm referring to is . . . Slenderman"

 Crystal gasped and frozen in place. Struggling to talk she managed to squeak out  " and that's a problem because?... " 

Zak grabbed her shoulders again. " well he kinda doesn't know about you being my own proxy. And technically we're  not even suppose to have our own proxies or assistants " he finished sounding sheepish. " so knowing about you could make you a target. Which is why I've been hoping to avoid telling the family for as long as possible. However it's looking more and more now like I'm beginning to have not much choice. " 

Crystal was shaking now " you mean.. " Crystal said dread building up inside " that if they knew about me . I could die?. "Crystal stared at zak horrified.

" Not necessarily no! " zak tried to assured her quickly. " the family doesn't really like killing in that way unless absolutely necessary for the most part. " his hands rubbing up and down her shoulders. " but slenderman could erase your memories. Wiping your mind clean so it will have been as tho you've never met me. "

Crystal nodded warily not feeling assured as much as she wished but who could blame her. But then whipped her head up at Zak giving him a bluntly questioned look. Why did he care? Didn't he technically say that he was going to kill her? And why did her getting her mind wiped mean such a bad thing for him?.

Zak seeming to catch on to her questioning look. " I mean that wouldn't be good for you being my proxy to have your memories wiped. " he said sounding fidgety panicked and scattery "I mean I have to teach you everything all over again and your really annoying not getting things straight away  and it's not like i get a thrill in spending time teaching you everything that I know." 

Crystal nodded but she could tell he wasn't telling her the truth so she had to suppressed a smiled.

Zak looked still worried having let go of her shoulders and took a step back continuing  " I mean I'm a proxy of the great slenderman. I don't need to be spending the day with a little girl who's naive enough to let me come into her life and teach her all that I know and give me something else to look forward to everyday because of something or other. .." 

Crystal nodded and then held up her hands " okay,okay I believe you " ( she didn't really)   " but we  really need to get back to the problems at hand Zak. "Crystal told him trying to regain control of her own emotions on top of helping zak get control of his. "You said that slenderman had been seen in this area? What does that mean for us? And why is he here? "Crystal asked.

Zak straighten calming down having something to focus on "the slendermans likes to comb areas where the family members spend too much time in one to be checking to make sure that things are being cleaned and covered up properly and two to see what all the fuss is about just in case he needs to intervene. " 

Crystal let this sink in for a moment. " You don't think the recently surges in killings has to do with them maybe knowing about us do you? "Crystal asked hesitantly

Zak shook his head " no believe me if the family knew they wouldn't be too shy about letting me know it. " zak sounding ominous.

Crystal nodded warily " so what do we do? What are you gonna do? "

Zak put his head down sighing and rubbing the back of his neck. " I'm gonna have to tell them myself. Their not totally unreasonable and I might be able to talk to slenderman and negotiate something . " 

Crystal was really worried now " is that wise? I mean you just said that it could make me a target and stuff. "

Zak said " it's way better then them finding out the hard way and seeing that I lied to them. That really does make us a target. " zak said sounding like he was remembering something. " the family doesn't like being lied to. "