Luke wraps an arm around you, leading you to the team, and Penelope pulls you in for a hug. You wrap your arms around her, and she rubs your back soothingly. After a moment, you pull away from her, giving her a soft smile. You walk over to Emily, and she gives you a smile before pulling you in for a hug.

"Thank you for calling me," you murmur.

She pulls away from you. "You're his girlfriend. I couldn't leave you in the dark."

"You guys have known way longer than I have," you say softly. "I can only imagine how you're feeling."

You give her a small smile before taking a seat next to JJ. She turns to you, giving your knee a soft squeeze.

"He'll be fine," she says softly.

"Thanks, JJ," you whisper, giving her a small smile.

"He cares about you." JJ's lips turn into a smile. "He hasn't cared about someone like this in a very long time."

"Since Maeve?"

JJ looks a little surprised, but she nods. "Yes, since Maeve."

"He told me about her," you explain. "He's told me...a lot about himself."

"I'm glad you're here," she says.

You smile before leaning back in your seat, twiddling with your fingers. You should feel exhausted, but instead, you can't fucking close your eyes. Adrenaline runs through you, and you inhale deeply before turning to JJ.

"Is there coffee somewhere?"

JJ nods. "Yeah, it's around the corner. Do you want me to go with you?"

You smile softly. "No, it's fine. I think I'm gonna call my sister."

She nods, and you get up, leaving the group and walking down the hall. You turn the corner, spotting a coffee cart. The barista smiles at you as you walk up.

"What can I getcha?" She asks.

"Um...just a large hazelnut coffee," you say, fishing your wallet out of your pocket.

The barista starts making your coffee. "Are you okay?"

You give her a small smile, nodding. "Yeah. My...my boyfriend got shot and he's in surgery. I'm waiting for an update."

"Oh, I'm so sorry," she says, and you watch her pour the creamer into the cup. "You're not here alone, are you?"

"No, his family is here, too."

"Good." She places the cup in front of you. "It's on the house."

"Thanks," you whisper, picking up the cup. "Have a good day."

"I hope your boyfriend is okay."

You give her a small smile, taking a sip of your coffee as you pull your phone out of your pocket. You dial your sister, walking away from the cart, leaning against a wall. After a moment, she answers, her voice groggy.

"Y/n? Why are you calling me at 4 AM?"

"Spencer got shot," you whisper, the lump in your throat making it hard to breathe.

"Oh my god, what?" She immediately sounds more alert.

"He got shot and he's in surgery right now," you tell her, your voice thick. You're trying really hard to keep it together. And keeping it together means no crying.

"Bubs, are you okay?"

"I..." You bite your bottom lip, tears prickling at your eyes. "I don't know. I'm just scared. What if...what if yesterday is the last time I ever got to talk to him? I...I need more time with him. We've barely even started." Your voice cracks, and you can't help the tears that spill from your eyes down your cheeks.